'Of the Year' Catagories

Ok well it seems the query on whether to run an end of year awards ceremony is hotly debated, as is the ways and means of doing it. But on the off chance Mike decides to do it again, I'd like to put it out there for what categories should be included if it was to happen and also what people think is a good number of awards to give out as there may be too many suggestions for them all to be included

I figured I'd put this out now so if a way is found to do it fairly, then the people involved are in a position to just pick x amount of categories and move forward with it and save a lot of time and work later on. NOT debating the way to do the awards in this thread, just what should be included if a way is found

List of suggestions:

Org of the year

Manager of the year

Fighter of the year

KO of the year

Sub of the year

Fight of the year

Comeback of the year

Upset of the year

Clothing Company

Nutrition Company

Best Event Poster

Best Video

Best Tee

Best Shorts

Best Logo

Most KOs (Fighter)

Most Subs (Fighter)

Most wins (Fighter)

Best New Org (1st event in 2011)

Best New Manager (Joined in 2011)

Best Custom Skin

Best Manager Comeback

Best Fight Card/Event

Note to people... as this is my thread, any posts that go off topic and turn into arguments will just be deleted! Keep it to suggestions and numbers and let's not get into the usual 'you're wrong, I'm right' stuff. You have been warned lol :P

• Downvote 1

Just to add, once I've got the info from this I will be doing other threads regarding entry criteria, judging criteria and shortlists. For now let's stick to the basics so I can look back and organise stuff down the line

From last year but not on your list:

Clothing Company

Nutrition Company

Best Poster *EDIT: Event Poster, not forum poster :P

Best Tee

Best Shorts

Best Logo

Most KOs (Fighter)

Most Subs (Fighter)

Most wins (Fighter)*maybe, iirc

I'd like to see:

Best Custom Skin

• Upvote 1

Legend Beatdown of the year .

I still think it's a good award no ?

(same for pbr's award ) .

One maybe more people will agree :

Manager come back of the year

Manager leave of the year

(yeah looks dumb to give an award for someone who left the game ,forget it )

Comeback of the year is added, legend beatdown would be upset of the year in a sense. How about biggest fall from grace?

Doesn't have to be all of those awards, these are just suggestions for categories and we can do a cull at the end to remove the less important or feasible ones if there are too many

Best fight card/event added

I'd still like to see Alliance of the year, hotly debated or not... it's a deserving award.

I'd also like to see Fighter of the year broken down by weight class (one for each) and then an overall FoTY.

--

Mickey

• Upvote 1

writer of the year (*edit* just saw j666 posted this too :P)

most helpful manager

perhaps something like "most influential" (could be for an org, or a manager, or an alliance, etc)

most money made? (manager, fighter, business) although i doubt that is tracked, and regarding businesses it would be tricky due to laundering.

best bookie

it's prob already been mentioned, but for "fighter of the year" there should be one for each weight class and one "p4p fighter of the year"

Biggest Fall From Grace? I don't think we want to open that Pandora's Box of negative awards.

I'm pretty deserving of this and would accept it with a smile.

I'd like to see most helpful manager\best mentor. In addition to that I second breaking down fighter by weight class, with another "absolute" trophy for the best one.

I'd also like to see a special award for Mr. Nicola, who climbed the ranks despite not fighting since January.

Ok well it seems the query on whether to run an end of year awards ceremony is hotly debated, as is the ways and means of doing it. But on the off chance Mike decides to do it again, I'd like to put it out there for what categories should be included if it was to happen and also what people think is a good number of awards to give out as there may be too many suggestions for them all to be included

I figured I'd put this out now so if a way is found to do it fairly, then the people involved are in a position to just pick x amount of categories and move forward with it and save a lot of time and work later on. NOT debating the way to do the awards in this thread, just what should be included if a way is found

List of suggestions:

Org of the year

Manager of the year

Fighter of the year

KO of the year

Sub of the year

Fight of the year

Comeback of the year

Upset of the year

Clothing Company

Nutrition Company

Best Event Poster

Best Video

Best Tee

Best Shorts

Best Logo

Most KOs (Fighter)

Most Subs (Fighter)

Most wins (Fighter)

Best Custom Skin

Best Manager Comeback

Best Fight Card/Event

Note to people... as this is my thread, any posts that go off topic and turn into arguments will just be deleted! Keep it to suggestions and numbers and let's not get into the usual 'you're wrong, I'm right' stuff. You have been warned lol :P

Please add a "Alliance with the Highest Winning Percentage" at the end of the year award. It's been a tracked alliance stat for 2-3 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No tournament of the year? I thought i was a shoe in :bigshock:

Wouldnt mind seeing some city awards too. Like fighter of the year per city, org of the year per city and so on.

I wouldnt do the most KOs, subs, and decs cause it is usually someone cheating it seems like. Maybe best KO artist, sub artist and decision machine. Could also do a most exciting fighter award for someone who finishes fights period with high ratings and such.

I know i wont be nominated for any of these, i know some pretty new orgs that deserve mention as well as a few newer managers as well. Pretty much everything i would have suggested be added. All in all, a good list Mike

As much as I think a lot of these awards are worth mentioning, I think we should limit it to 8 awards.

Org of the Year

Manager of the Year

Fighter of the Year

Clothing Company of the Year

Nutrition Company of the Year

Event Poster of the Year

New Manager of the Year

New Org of the Year

The other ones just seem to be stretching for things to look for and a bit irrelevant.