Of the year awards

I would give it fluke of the year maybe, but there were bigger upsets. Chandler vs Alvarez, Bigfoot vs Fedor was still a big upset, Bigfoot vs Cormier, and Ortiz vs Bader too.

Ortiz vs Bader has to be it. Bader wasnt the most consistant fighter but Tito is done and Bader was a clear favorite. Keep in mind this was Titos only win in his last 8 fights. So to take out a contender like that who was a younger version of himself was huge. Not to mention the fashion in which he won.

KO of the year-http://www.graciemag.com/en/2011/12/if-youve-already-voted-on-knockout-of-the-year-best-watch-this-first/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Fight of the year Hendo vs Rua

Fighter of the Year Im going with Henderson

Fort Knox fighter is Bisping

Breakthrough fighter-Still thinking

Comeback of the Year-Gray/Edgar I

Submission of the year-Mir vs Nog

I'm glad you brought Henderson up for fighter of the year. In no way did he have a better year than Jon Jones, but he made a very good case for second place. Won the Strikeforce belt, Knocked out Fedor and had the fight of the year against Shogun. Your comeback of the year on the other hand makes no sense at all. You have the two Edgar fights in there and the Kongo vs Barry fight.

I'm glad you brought Henderson up for fighter of the year. In no way did he have a better year than Jon Jones, but he made a very good case for second place. Won the Strikeforce belt, Knocked out Fedor and had the fight of the year against Shogun. Your comeback of the year on the other hand makes no sense at all. You have the two Edgar fights in there and the Kongo vs Barry fight.

Agree. Hendo has a good year. But there is a lot of doubt and questions about the guys he fought. Fedor was on his way down, Shogun imo isnt really deserving of being in the UFC, and we really know nothing about Fajao. Add to that he didnt exactly blow either guys out of the water. Jones dominated everyone he faced and were guys in their prime and had 4 wins. Not even a contest. From what i remember about the Hendo/Fajao fight Dan got caught with a punch but not really what i would consider a comeback win. Curtainly not the best of the year.

• Downvote 2

Shogun imo isnt really deserving of being in the UFC

Yeah, you're nuts. Sometimes you really make sense, but half of the things you say are just batshit crazy.

Feijou was in 2011.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you're nuts. Sometimes you really make sense, but half of the things you say are just batshit crazy.

Feijou was in 2011.

Haha yeah. Shogun doesn't deserve to be in the UFC, but has held the LHW title there. When he's not an injured mess he's a fucking monster and a top 5 LHW.

Ah, honest mistake. It still doesn't outweigh Bader\Shogun\Rampage\Machida, all by finishes, imo.

Feijou was in 2011.

He had 1 good opponent i even picked him to win. Machida isnt as good a striker as him because his Karate. Machida lost all his advantages that made him successful. Shogun was just as fast and more technical on the feet. But i guess Dan Hardy is UFC level too because he fought for the title. Who cares if he loses to all the gatekeepers and hasnt beat anyone worth a damn. Shogin has looked like shit in more fights in the UFC than i care to remember. The only reason he beat Forrest in the rematch is Forrest quit fighting long ago. He beat Shogun when his heart was in it. Rua struggled with Coleman. Laid an egg vs Jones. Then when facing Hendo is i feel is not even close to where he used to be during his last stint in the UFC, he lost yet again. I give him credit for Machida. He has his number. But the Forrest rematch was just the UFC getting him an easy win to justify keeping him. The problem is people make excuses every time he loses. The commissions make sure everyone is healthy. Yet everyone thing Rua is on his death bed when he walks into the cage. He wouldnt have went through with the fight if he didnt feel he was ready. Rua was no more hurt than Tito and his cracked skull. Just excuses for two guys who cant cut it anymore.

No, no, he didn't just fight for the title. He won the title. He didn't fight gatekeepers. He faced 4 of the 5 champs that came before him and beat them all. I don't like excuses for fighters, but if you think that people shouldn't make excuses when he loses then maybe you shouldn't make excuses when he wins.

really where is the Evans fight? He has only fought 3 legit opponents since coming to the UFC. Only beating one of them. There are to many guys better than him and he keeps getting choice fights from the UFC because he has a little bit of a fan base. Tiago Silva would beat him. I think Nog would also.

LMAO, i would pick Bader to beat him. But they wont let a wrestler within 100 feet of him.

How far you going back to try to make Shogun look credible? Maybe the UFC can bring Pulver back too since we are using fights from half a decade ago. In the UFC he has fought like shit.

I don't have to make him look credible. He did a pretty good job himself by becoming UFC champ. Your memory might not be too good, but it wasn't that long ago. If Griffin wins from Shogun it counts, if it's the other way then it doesn't count. If Shogun had won from Jones it wouldn't have proven that you were wrong, it would've proven that Jones was an overrated bum as well. If Shogun would've gone undefeated for 10 years then he still would've been a bum and it would've been prove of how the light heavyweight division went to shit from a lack of talent. It's that kind of close-minded reasoning that results in the most incredible double standards and such delusional believes like Shogun doesn't belong in the UFC and the record holder of UFC losses is the best fighter of all time.

I can't help It if you base yOur opinions off the sheepdog fight finder. Shogun was GIVEN a title shot he never earned. He is about as legit a champion as Matt Serra.

Except that he arguably beat Machida in their first fight and clearly destroyed him in their second.

Shogun has looked really inconsistent, and I agree that Forrest looked terrible in their second fight. I also agree that he's been somewhat fast tracked to a title shot due to circumstances. However, he pretty clearly showed that he belongs at the top of the division by doing what he did to Machida (who I assume you think is a fairly solid LHW).

To my personal opinion i think shogun is a top 5 LHW i mean what makes brainsmasher think he is bad? that he lost to henderson? jon jones? well if i'm not correct henderson can take out pretty much everyone and Jon Jones is unstoppable. He did fuck up Machida in both fights so does that make machida a bum also? but i am guessing since brainsmasher hates all pride fighters he might say hendo sucks so fuck it.

I don't hate Pride fighters just delusional fans who believe everything Pride told them to believe. I followed the sport enough to know how hard it is for guys to stay at the top. I also know that to have the best fighters you have to keep bringing in the best young fighters each year. Pride didn't do that. Also the fighters have to have a reason to win. The Japanese fans didn't care if you lost. Titles were meaningless and title shots were not based on anything. All this leads to SOME guys being overrated.

You clearly have your mind made up. It is a waste of time to discuss this with anyone who says Shogun "fucked up" machida in both fights. The first fight was even and could go either way. Certainly no one got fucked up. Also those were the only meaningful fights of his UFC career. As for Hendo. I have been a fan of his since he started. Even before Pride. But I don't get blinded by the result of a fight. He has shown decline on so

E of his abilities since he left the UFC for SF. Specifically his chin. He is getting old and I'm sure is slower. But as long as he is fighting other old guys it will be hidden. But in the Shogun fight he looked by far worse than I ever have seen him. He looked almost frail and I have never seen him look like that at 205.

In the end the UFC will keep feeding him to make him look good because they are braking into the Brazilian market and need all the name brazilians they can get. Maybe his next fight will be vs Elvis Sinosec lol.

I wouldn't say he doesn't belong. I would say that he is protected quite a bit. Shogun reminds me of Anderson Silva. He has really good striking skills and I woudl put them on the level with Anderson. But unlike Anderson, Shogun is in a division that has a bunch of wrestlers, and he has not faced many of them at all. The guy has ben taken down by EEEVRYONE WHO HAS TRIED. Litteraly anyone who has wanted to get him down, has, going back to pride. Gono eevn got him down like 3 times. I remember back in the day I looked over all his fights and pretty much everyone had gotte him down. hecame to the UFC, and hasnt fougth hardly any wrestlers. Its clearly his weakness, and for whatever reason they seem to steer him clear of them.

Looking at the current top 10 according to MMAweekly, for example, Shogun is in there with Jones, Evans, Rampage, and Davis. Now Ill give him credit that he beat Rampage fair and square, but I really have been looking forward to that rematch for a long time and its never happened. Hell he hasn't even fought the elder statesmen in Tito and Couture. Not to mention adding in guys like Bader, Hamill, and Brilz.

Here is an interesting tidbit, everyone in the division has fougth tons of wrestlers, but Shogun. Lil Nog fro example has fought like 4 in a row. Bader has, Tito has, Evans has, Machida has, Rampage has, Hamill has, Yet somehow Shogun seems to have missed them all but Jones and the dinosaur/dying of AIDS looking Mark Coleman. AND HE LOOKED LIEK SHIT BEATING HIM!!!!!

Suddenly Dan Henderson is not a wrestler anymore. I wouldn't count Coleman either, so 2/5 opponents he faced were wrestlers. I would love to see how he'd do against Bader or Evans. After all I think those are the only two that he didn't face with a high chance to beat him. I don't see the same in Rampage or Thiago Silva. If you count all the wrestlers that can beat him, he's still solidly a top 10 fighter and so undoubtedly deserving of a spot in the UFC.

The UFC tends to do the same with all strikers by the way. If there's a striker they're going to do their best to match him up with another striker. Just look at Wanderlei, 7/7 of the opponents he got were standup oriented fighters. In Wanderlei's case I don't think those matchups are especially favorable to him. I think he could've done better if he faced grapplers once in a while. After all that's exactly what they did for Chuck. He'd face a grappler with questionable standup and won time after time. Once they started matching him up with guys that had a reasonable standup game he lost 5/6. I think it barely had anything to do with decline.