Immortals New York

Steel

The following was written jointly by Brunno Falcone and Jon Boogi. Please do not use these characters without express permission from the respective managers.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1314242869Brunno%20Falcone%20Jr..jpg & http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1321899258JB1MMA.jpg

Kenrick Nikil picks up his phone and dials Yuri Lebedev's number.

Yuri: (after fumbing with the phone for a few seconds...) Hallo! This Yuri!

Kenrick Nikil: Hey, Yuri! What's up, buddy? I just heard about you signing the fight deal to take on Styles for the title! That's awesome, man!

Yuri: Friend Kenrick! Good speak!

In the background, Frances Nikil can be heard

Frances Nikil: I'm so excited!

Kenrick shushes her and waves his hands for her to quiet it.

Frances Nikil: (Whispering) Sorry...

Kenrick: Me and Frances want to know if you wanna go get some steak dinner. We have reservations at the really nice steakhouse over on forty-second street. Can you be ready in say... three hours?

Yuri: (laughing) Steak? Yuri LOVE steak! Thank you! Yuri ready in three hours! See soon!

Kenrick: OK, buddy. See ya.

Roughly three hours later... at Yuri's apartment, Kenrick pulls up with his H3.

Yuri can be seen waiting in the window, a big smile lighting up his face as Kenrick's Hummer pulls into view...Yuri disappeers and a few seconds later the front door is thrown open and he bounds down the steps. Just as he is about to open the back door of the huge vehicle a frown appears on his face, and he runs back up the steps to close the front door, before returning with a sheepish grin and climbing into the car

Kenrick: (shouting across from the driver's seat) Hey, bud. Climb in.

Frances: Hey, Yuri. How you feeling, hon?

Yuri: Friend Kenrick! Good see! Mrs Friend Kenrick too! Look pretty! Friend Kenrick lucky man!

After Yuri clambers into the back of the Hummer, and fastens his seat belt, Kenrick drives towards the steak house. The friends make small talk on the way.

After a short time they arrive. A big Cadilacc can be seen in the parking lot and Kenrick pulls right next to it. The front doors of the Cadilacc open and Brunno Falcone steps out of the drivers side and Ravil Lebedev out the passenger side.

Kenrick: Well, buddy, we're here!

Yuri: (looking confused) Mr Falco car? He come steak too? Ravi too?!

Brunno opens the driver's side rear door and helps an older woman out of the back seat. Stepping aside we can see Olghetta Lebedev (Yuri and Ravil's mother) emerging from the car.

Yuri: (mouth drops open...) MAMA! (bangs on the inside of the door fiercely, makes a few dents in the plush interior before remembering how to open it, and practically falling out of the car and rushing towards the trio...)

Ravil: (smiling, his hand on his mother's shoulder...) Yo, big bro man! Brunno and Kenrick wanted to surprise you...they organised the visas and everything, just for you!

Yuri: (hoisting his mother into the air, tears streaming down his face, is silent as he hugs her...a minute passes before he gently puts her down) Mama...Yuri miss so much!

Ravil: (eyes a little moist, turns to Brunno...) Good call man...

Brunno Falcone: Fagettaboutit! Yous kids, is good people, sos it weren't nuttin'.

Yuri: (eyes blazing, turns to Kenrick...) You! You, you! (charges Kenrick and picks him up in a huge bear hug...) Kenrick Yuri best friend ever! Thank you!

Kenrick: (laughing) Hey, no worries, big guy. No worries.

Yuri: (turning now to Brunno) And You! Mr Falco! (also picking him up in a hug) How get Mama here? Thank you.

Brunno: Well, I still gots me some friends in da immigration office what could help ta expidite tings a bit, see? She gots a work visa or some such so I got her a job over at da Stark Slugger Society gym cleaning and stuff. She hadda have sumting for da folks over at immigration. But we'll get her a better job after a bit. Anyway, if'n yous wants ta get her naturalized she can go troo all'a dat. I gots it set up. Dats still gonna take like seven years, but she can stay here while dats goin' on.

Yuri: (finally returning to his mother and holding her hand, tears still on his face...) Yuri thank everyone, MUCH! We steak now?

Frances: Yes, please. I'm starving! Yuri, happy birthday, sweety. (She hugs Yuri and kisses him on the cheek) Mrs. Lebedev right this way. (She gestures towards the door)

Brunno: I tought for sure dat someone (gestures with his head towards Frances) was gonna blow da surprise, But I'm glad dat everyone did dere part, see? (Brunno reaching up, puts a hand on Yuri's shoulder) Happy birthday big guy. We tried a get her here sooner, but dis was da fastest we could get her troo all da stuff what was needed. Plus, I guess she hadda sell her farm and whatnot to yous guys cousin or sumting like dat. Anyway, You can tank, Jon when yous get da chance also. He couldn't be here today. He gots stuff ta take care of over across da pond, but he helped out too.

Kenrick merely smiles and claps Yuri on the back as they lead everyone into the steakhouse.

Yuri: (still pretty emotional, follows his friends into the steakhouse...)

Kenrick: Well, Happy Birthday, my friend. I figured it was either gonna be this or an X-Box Kinex... I think I chose wisely (winks). Now, take all this positive energy and go win that heavyweight title, my friend.

Yuri: (looking up excitedly...) An X-Box!? AH! Friend Kenrick joke! Good! (slapping his friend on the shoulder, then looking over to his mother who is pointing at the steak on her plate and murmering to Ravil beside her...) Thank you my friend. Yuri never forget!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w20.jpg

Mick Jones: Congrats to Eric Worrell who wins by lay and pray. No damage done and very few sub attempts. I didn't know you could win when you got hit more.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25b11.jpg

George Brown: That's twice I've been underestimated and twice I've overcome. Keep considering me the underdog guys, please!

The following was written jointly by Brunno Falcone and Jon Boogi. Please do not use these characters without express permission from the respective managers.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1314242869Brunno%20Falcone%20Jr..jpg & http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1321899258JB1MMA.jpg

Kenrick Nikil picks up his phone and dials Yuri Lebedev's number.

Yuri: (after fumbing with the phone for a few seconds...) Hallo! This Yuri!

Kenrick Nikil: Hey, Yuri! What's up, buddy? I just heard about you signing the fight deal to take on Styles for the title! That's awesome, man!

Yuri: Friend Kenrick! Good speak!

In the background, Frances Nikil can be heard

Frances Nikil: I'm so excited!

Kenrick shushes her and waves his hands for her to quiet it.

Frances Nikil: (Whispering) Sorry...

Kenrick: Me and Frances want to know if you wanna go get some steak dinner. We have reservations at the really nice steakhouse over on forty-second street. Can you be ready in say... three hours?

Yuri: (laughing) Steak? Yuri LOVE steak! Thank you! Yuri ready in three hours! See soon!

Kenrick: OK, buddy. See ya.

Roughly three hours later... at Yuri's apartment, Kenrick pulls up with his H3.

Yuri can be seen waiting in the window, a big smile lighting up his face as Kenrick's Hummer pulls into view...Yuri disappeers and a few seconds later the front door is thrown open and he bounds down the steps. Just as he is about to open the back door of the huge vehicle a frown appears on his face, and he runs back up the steps to close the front door, before returning with a sheepish grin and climbing into the car

Kenrick: (shouting across from the driver's seat) Hey, bud. Climb in.

Frances: Hey, Yuri. How you feeling, hon?

Yuri: Friend Kenrick! Good see! Mrs Friend Kenrick too! Look pretty! Friend Kenrick lucky man!

After Yuri clambers into the back of the Hummer, and fastens his seat belt, Kenrick drives towards the steak house. The friends make small talk on the way.

After a short time they arrive. A big Cadilacc can be seen in the parking lot and Kenrick pulls right next to it. The front doors of the Cadilacc open and Brunno Falcone steps out of the drivers side and Ravil Lebedev out the passenger side.

Kenrick: Well, buddy, we're here!

Yuri: (looking confused) Mr Falco car? He come steak too? Ravi too?!

Brunno opens the driver's side rear door and helps an older woman out of the back seat. Stepping aside we can see Olghetta Lebedev (Yuri and Ravil's mother) emerging from the car.

Yuri: (mouth drops open...) MAMA! (bangs on the inside of the door fiercely, makes a few dents in the plush interior before remembering how to open it, and practically falling out of the car and rushing towards the trio...)

Ravil: (smiling, his hand on his mother's shoulder...) Yo, big bro man! Brunno and Kenrick wanted to surprise you...they organised the visas and everything, just for you!

Yuri: (hoisting his mother into the air, tears streaming down his face, is silent as he hugs her...a minute passes before he gently puts her down) Mama...Yuri miss so much!

Ravil: (eyes a little moist, turns to Brunno...) Good call man...

Brunno Falcone: Fagettaboutit! Yous kids, is good people, sos it weren't nuttin'.

Yuri: (eyes blazing, turns to Kenrick...) You! You, you! (charges Kenrick and picks him up in a huge bear hug...) Kenrick Yuri best friend ever! Thank you!

Kenrick: (laughing) Hey, no worries, big guy. No worries.

Yuri: (turning now to Brunno) And You! Mr Falco! (also picking him up in a hug) How get Mama here? Thank you.

Brunno: Well, I still gots me some friends in da immigration office what could help ta expidite tings a bit, see? She gots a work visa or some such so I got her a job over at da Stark Slugger Society gym cleaning and stuff. She hadda have sumting for da folks over at immigration. But we'll get her a better job after a bit. Anyway, if'n yous wants ta get her naturalized she can go troo all'a dat. I gots it set up. Dats still gonna take like seven years, but she can stay here while dats goin' on.

Yuri: (finally returning to his mother and holding her hand, tears still on his face...) Yuri thank everyone, MUCH! We steak now?

Frances: Yes, please. I'm starving! Yuri, happy birthday, sweety. (She hugs Yuri and kisses him on the cheek) Mrs. Lebedev right this way. (She gestures towards the door)

Brunno: I tought for sure dat someone (gestures with his head towards Frances) was gonna blow da surprise, But I'm glad dat everyone did dere part, see? (Brunno reaching up, puts a hand on Yuri's shoulder) Happy birthday big guy. We tried a get her here sooner, but dis was da fastest we could get her troo all da stuff what was needed. Plus, I guess she hadda sell her farm and whatnot to yous guys cousin or sumting like dat. Anyway, You can tank, Jon when yous get da chance also. He couldn't be here today. He gots stuff ta take care of over across da pond, but he helped out too.

Kenrick merely smiles and claps Yuri on the back as they lead everyone into the steakhouse.

Yuri: (still pretty emotional, follows his friends into the steakhouse...)

Kenrick: Well, Happy Birthday, my friend. I figured it was either gonna be this or an X-Box Kinex... I think I chose wisely (winks). Now, take all this positive energy and go win that heavyweight title, my friend.

Yuri: (looking up excitedly...) An X-Box!? AH! Friend Kenrick joke! Good! (slapping his friend on the shoulder, then looking over to his mother who is pointing at the steak on her plate and murmering to Ravil beside her...) Thank you my friend. Yuri never forget!

Lol does Yuri have downs syndrome?

No offense of course :D

• Upvote 1

Yuri doesn't have Down Syndrome, but he is a simple creature. Jon started portraying him as a foreigner (he's from Kazakhstan) but somehow or the other, the simple, gentle giant persona just sort of emerged. I'm glad it did to. It's great! I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Now if only we could teach Boogi to speak clearly... ;)

Yuri doesn't have Down Syndrome, but he is a simple creature. Jon started portraying him as a foreigner (he's from Kazakhstan) but somehow or the other, the simple, gentle giant persona just sort of emerged. I'm glad it did to. It's great! I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Now if only we could teach Boogi to speak clearly... ;)

Lol thats awesome!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/9/9w10.jpg

Sergio Morales:

'Didnt think anyone was dumber than Ornpork, then that lanky sack of shit Lebedev takes dumb as fuck to a new level!

Hey Fayyad, quotin that Shakespeare shit at me only gonna make me hit you harder!!'

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37a2.jpg

Saadi: (smiling) "Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error..."

Sergio Morales:

'Didnt think anyone was dumber than Ornpork, then that lanky sack of shit Lebedev takes dumb as fuck to a new level!

Hey Fayyad, quotin that Shakespeare shit at me only gonna make me hit you harder!!'

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33b5.jpg

Yuri: (doubled up with laughter...) "Sergi funny little guy!"

Sergio' Yuri, you muppet its Sergi --- o. And Fayyad all this poetry makes you look like a fag because this fight will be won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights, and knock your god damned head into row 5.'

'Aint row 5 popular when Ornpork fights? Am sure Ive seen his head fly past when the latest novice whups his useless ass'.

Sergio' Yuri, you muppet its Sergi --- o. And Fayyad all this poetry makes you look like a fag because this fight will be won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights, and knock your god damned head into row 5.'

'Aint row 5 popular when Ornpork fights? Am sure Ive seen his head fly past when the latest novice whups his useless ass'.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33b5.jpg

Yuri: (looks surprised) "Sergi muppet too? Wow! Know Mr Henson? Wish Mr Henson do Yuri muppet. Miss Piggy funnier than Sergi though!"

Saadi: (nodding encouragingly) "Better Meneer Morales, better! ...lines, gyms, roads, dancing under lights. Good! Still laced with insults though..." (sighs) "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong..."

Saadi: (nodding encouragingly) "Better Meneer Morales, better! ...lines, gyms, roads, dancing under lights. Good! Still laced with insults though..." (sighs) "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong..."

Sergio: " You dont shut up do you chump, all you europeans are the same, think you is educated and got claa, well motherf*cker, I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. Fifteen referees. I want fifteen referees to be at this fight because there ain't no one man who can keep up with the pace I'm gonna set except me. There's not a man alive who can whup me. I'm too fast. I'm too smart. I'm too pretty. I should be a postage stamp. That's the only way I'll ever get licked.”

Sergio: " You dont shut up do you chump, all you europeans are the same, think you is educated and got claa, well motherf*cker, I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. Fifteen referees. I want fifteen referees to be at this fight because there ain't no one man who can keep up with the pace I'm gonna set except me. There's not a man alive who can whup me. I'm too fast. I'm too smart. I'm too pretty. I should be a postage stamp. That's the only way I'll ever get licked.”

Saadi: (Looking impressed) "Your fortress of ignorance is truly impregnable Meneer. Maybe I should follow a saying I have heard hear in New York...'You cant turn a hoe into a house wife.' I have not given up on you yet though, afterall patience and fortitude conquer all things!"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w35.jpg

Paul Orndorf: Ain't no newbies whopped my ass. And I only got KO'd twice. One of those was rally early in my career and one was by Archie Fuckin' Fallon! That man hits like a freight train. Oh and for the record... I still lasted longer against him then anybody else has. Although, I think Melton might last a bit longer then me. That guy is pretty bad ass too. You ain't exactly tearing it up out there either. You lose against almost everyone who's any good. You got lucky with Celentano, You got really lucky against Rebel, but your luck is gonna run out when you step into the cage with al Fayyad. He's gonna stomp a mudhole in your ass and then stomp it dry. And when he's done with your punk ass... step right on up, bitch. I'll show you what I'm about. I give you credit. You are a sted and bang kinda guy and you got power, but you're still a bitch. So come on with it. When you're done catching that ass whopping from al Fayyad, then let's do this shit. I will blast your dumb ass into next fuckin' week, punk ass bitch.

INY-16 Monroe vs. Holmes Event Preview

Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, I’m your host, Ricky Warner, here to bring you another installment of the Immortals New York fight previews. This one is for INY-16 Monroe vs. Holmes. We’ve got some great fights lined up for this event so buckle up, we’re going for a ride.

Featherweight: Sergey Ismangulov (0-0) vs. Dylan Peterson (0-0)

Our first fight of the evening will be the debut of two of the new featherweight divisions fighters. Both fighters are complete unknowns in the professional circuits so there is little that can be said about them. According to their bio’s however, Ismangulov is said to possess decent boxing skills and a blue belt in BJJ. His opponent, Peterson, has no standup skills to speak of but is a competent wrestler and holds a purple belt in BJJ. This alone will likely be enough to win this fight for Peterson. In the unlikely event that Ismangulov can keep this standing then he should be able to outperform Peterson on the feet, but I highly doubt he will keep the fight standing. Peterson will secure takedowns and submit Ismangulov.

Prediction: Dylan Peterson, Submission.

Featherweight: Markus Thompson (0-0) vs. “SonSin” Landon Williamsonsin (1-1)

Another featherweight bout is next as newcomer, Markus Thompson makes his professional debut against Landon Williamsonsin. Williamsonsin is coming off of a loss against Maxim Eremeev and will be looking to turn things around for himself against the Canadian, Thompson. Stylistically, Thompson has the striking advantage with his superb boxing ability, but I give the edge on the mat to Williamsonsin, with his better wrestling skills and a blue belt in BJJ to Thompson’s white belt. The advantage is not tremendous for Williamsonsin and I can see him struggling to get the fight to the ground. His chin was definitely called into question in the last fight as well, having been knocked out in less then half a minute. If Thompson can stuff the takedowns and has any power at all we could see another early stoppage of Williamsonsin, but since we just don’t know what kind of power Thompson has I am going to go with Williamsonsin.

Prediction: Landon Williamsonsin, decision, or submission.

Welterweight: Matt Landon (1-0) vs. Von “the Ace” Hammer (0-0)

In this next bout we move up in weight and pit Matt Landon against Von Hammer. Hammer hails from the Meyer Lansky camp and many people would consider Lansky and his camp warm up fights, but let’s not forget that in Lansky’s last outing in the Immortals, that his fighter, Lord Viceroy, beat Bart Nichols of the Andy Wright camp. Lansky fighter will take on anyone and never turns down a fight. This has led to some org owners abusing that and throwing him and his boys to the wolves, That is not the case here, at the Immortals. He has been showing continued improvement and shocked many in the previously mentioned upset. In this fight He has a distinct advantage on the feet with his wonderful boxing, and can hold his own on the ground, or at least in keeping the fight from going there. We have not seen Hammer in the cage yet, but I’ll wager that he has watched the video of Landon’s last fight an knows he has to keep it standing. I think that he has a good chance of doing so and that does not bode well for Landon.

Prediction: Late KO win for Von Hammer.

Lightweight: Shane “Sugar” Chojacki (1-1) vs. “El Technico” Humberto Montes (1-2)

Next we go to the lightweight division. This is another of the hotly contested divisions here in the Immortals fight promotion. Chojacki is coming off a loss to Steve Cantwell back in INY-11. His opponent Montes just got his first professional win against Sonny Hills on the same card. Montes possesses far better striking ability, but the ground will be owned by Chojacki in this fight. So much so in fact that I think this will be a rather one-sided affair. Chojacki will land a takedown often and will look to pound Montes out or will work for a submission. I think that there will be little that Montes will be able to do to stop the inevitable. Chojacki will simply overwhelm the defenses of Montes and take the fight to the ground, thereby avoiding the only aspect of Montes’ game that he will have no answer for.

Prediction: Shane “Sugar” Chojacki, Decision.

Light-Heavyweight: Alfredo “Frodo” Amarena (1-1) vs. Shamar Jackson (3-0)

In this next fight we have Alliance mates, Brunno Falcone and Jimmy da Jet, both from the Evil Empire facing each other via Amarena and Jackson, respectively. Amarena lost in the QFC to Dale Firebird, but came back to win his next fight against Alex Barletta in convincing fashion. However, the undefeated, Jackson is not likely to hand the win over to Amarena on a silver platter like Barletta did. Even if he did take the fight to the ground, Jackson has the advantage there as well. In fact there is really now where that I can see where Amarena can take this fight and be assured of a win. That said, Falcone has faced much tougher competition then da Jet has thus far and though his record isn’t the best, that experience will count for something. Jackson has to be careful or he could still get caught by a submission from Amarena.

Prediction: Shamar Jackson, Submission.

Heavyweight: Kenrick “the Beast” Nikil (4-4) vs. Ron “the Monster” Sparks (3-1)

We jump up to the big boys next as two of the largest heavyweights, Nikil and Sparks clash inside the cage. Nikil is coming off of a two fight losing streak the most recent of which was a stunning upset at the hands of Johnny Flanagan. Nikil looks to reassert himself in the heavyweight division against Don King Jr’s Sparks. Sparks had come off of a nearly year long layoff from the cage for reasons unknown and stunned the organization by a second round KO of the aforementioned, Johnny Flanagan. A win for either of these men will set them on a path towards the top ranks of the hotly contested heavyweight division. A loss will delay any dreams of championships gold for quite a while. Nikil and Sparks are fairly evenly matched in the standup but Nikil is a far superior wrestler. His takedowns are fast and powerful. Typically when he has someone on the ground, bad things happen to them. Like getting hit with those hams he calls fists for instance. Few have withstood the onslaught once Nikil get’s on top. But Sparks is a BJJ purple belt, and that leaves plenty of roam for Nikil to make a mistake and get caught, much like he did with Flanagan. Has Nikil improved his ground game enough to counter Sparks on the ground and get the KO or TKO? We shall see.

Prediction: Ron “the Monster” Sparks, decision.

Lightweight: Johnny Rocket (1-0) vs. Basileo “Twist and Snap” Gallegos (3-0)

Undefeated Basileo Gallegos takes on Johnny Rocket next in the lightweight division. Neither of these men has particularly good standup skills so I can all but guarantee that this one will go to the ground. However once there we can expect a war. Rocket is the better wrestler, but Gallegos has a purple belt to pit against Rocket’s blue one. Both men have won all their fights by way of submission so I think it is fair to say that we will see a jiujutsu clinic once the cage door closes. Neither man can afford to get sloppy in there since both are looking to finish via sub, so I expect there to be a more cautious approach. Methodical and when someone makes a mistake and one of them will, then I think there will be an explosive finish.

Prediction: Basileo Gallegos Submission.

Lightweight: Jon Davis (4-2) vs. Tohino “Falcao” Cerezo (3-4)

The last fight on the main card sees former champion, Jon Davis take on Tohino Cerezo. Cerezo is coming off of two losses. Most recently against Corey Smith. John Davis just recently lost his title to Vladimir van Kirkland and looks to win this fight to re-establish himself as a top contender in the lightweight division. These two have fought before, way back in VFC Rookie Rage I. The fight was Davis’ debut and he made an early impression locking in a triangle and forcing Cerezo to tap. That was a long time ago and both fighters have grown considerably since that time, but can Cerezo avenge the loss against the former champion? It looks like the answer could very well be yes. He has a much improved standup game and he is even across the board on the ground with Davis. He also possesses very good takedown ability as demonstrated against Corey Smith. He took Smith down and was very active on the ground. He was well on the way to a win by decision before Smith managed to land with his devastating power punching to end the fight for Cerezo. But one cannot discount the former champ either. He shut Tinsdell down on the ground and, with Tinsdell being the only exception, finished his opponent in all of his wins. Davis is the real deal and Cerezo will have to be on his best game to stand a chance. I give a slight edge to Cerezo because of his superior standup skills.

Prediction: Tohino “Falcao” Cerezo decision, or possibly (T)KO.

Lightweight: “Dirty Zombie” Steve Cantwell (3-0) vs. “Cobra” Lupe Pintor (3-1) Co-Main Event of the Evening.

These two men are looking to establish themselves as top contenders for the Lightweight title in this fight as the undefeated, Steve Cantwell, takes on Lupe Pintor. Cantwell has gone the distance against every opponent he has faced and has won convincingly in every one of his fights, but he faces Pintor who, despite losing his debut to Jimmy Young, has gone on a three fight win streak against quality opponents. It is high time that these men settle up and see who is the top dog. The winner of this fight could well see a title fight in their near future. I think Cantwell has met his match though in this one. Pintor is the better boxer and is a competent kick boxer as well, but it is Pintor’s ground work that makes him the most dangerous. He is a superior wrestler and holds a purple belt in BJJ to a blue belt for Cantwell. There is no question that this fight goes to the ground and when it does then Cantwell will be in very deep water, and he is not wearling the shoes for it.

Prediction: “Cobra” Lupe Pintor, Submission

Welterweight: “Howitzer” Jon Monroe (3-0) vs. “Chill” Delroy Holmes (3-0) The Main Event of the Evening.

The oh has to go as two undefeated welterweights look to stake their claim on the welterweight title for the main event this card. Jon Monroe has dispatched both KC Storm and Cung Lee by KO in the first round showing that he has the power to back his wonderful boxing skills up. He also has shown that he has the cardio to go the distance should he need to. His opponent, Delroy Holmes, has beaten a list of quality opponents as well, including Vuong Tham Phan and George W. Bash. He has finished his last two opponents also but has shown a bit more diversity in his finishes. The biggest disparity in the styles of these fighters is on the ground. Although, I suspect that Monroe’s wrestling skill is to prevent the takedowns rather then go to ground. The only thing I can be certain of in this fight is that we will see fireworks. These guys are going to come together in the center of the cage and go to war. Someone will go down before the end of the third round. Will Monroe’s unrelenting power or Holmes’ more methodical approach prove victorious? Only time will tell, but I am favoring Monroe in this one due simply to his incredibly deadly strikes.

Prediction: “Howitzer” Jon Monroe, (T)KO.

Well, that’s it folks. I hope you enjoy it. See you all at the show. Be safe and have a great time. Good luck to all the combatants. I’m off.

Ricky Warner: Hello Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to MMAAddict.com with me, your host, Ricky Warner. With me today I have the flamboyant Johnny Flanagan to talk about his upcoming fight with Shaggy Dope. Welcome to the show, Johnny.

Flanagan: Hey Ricky I sure am glad to be here , its an honor.

Ricky Warner: There seems to be some bad blood between you and Dope. You have always been very confident and even, as some would say, a bit cocky. But you have backed that up pretty well. Why the hostility with Dope?

Flanagan: Well it all started back when I was training for the McClellan fight. I was telling people how training was going and how good I felt and it wasn't Dope but his manager DKJR who just started talking all this crap and twisting my words. I recall him saying McClellan was more of a gatekeeper than anything and that really got me heated. Im usually very respectful but what got to me was how me and Dope were gonna be scheduled to fight and as soon as his manager was sure the fight wasn't happening he started talking all this crap. But alas that was the past and im finally gonna get to kick Dope's ass tomorrow and shut DKJR up!

Ricky Warner: Yeah, Don King Jr. does have a way of winding people up. So, how has your training camp gone this time out? You surprised a lot of people when you beat Nikil, especially after he landed that takedown right out the gat like that, but then McClellan got the KO win. That has to play Hell on your mind. Dope is more of a ground fighter like Nikil. Do you think that this plays into your strengths or do you prefer to keep the fight standing against him?

Flanagan: Well training is going amazing as usual. I feel great and i've improved in leaps and bounds since my last fight. McClellan is a very tough competitor and no excuses he was better than me that night but i came into that fight with the wrong gameplan and paied the price. Id love nothing more than to get a rematch with him but id also like to give Nikil a rematch and a chance to avange that loss. Ima very humble guy when you get to know me. As for Dope, my main plan is to stand and bang it out. If it goes to the ground thats ok and if it goes in the clinch thats ok too. Im ready to bring the fight everywhere.

Warner: I underestimated your striking abilty once before and you surprised me. You seem to have a knack for that in fact. Rumor has it that Dope plans on retireing after this fight, so it seems you get one shot against him. What's next for you if you should lose against Dope? What about if you win?

Flanagan: Well although ive rarely gotten to show off my standup skills in my pro career , especially in my last fight , I know I've got what it takes to knock this guy out , shin to the chin goodnight! (laughs) I really don't care who I get matched up with win or lose. As I said before I'd like rematches with Nikil and McClellan so whatever happens I'd like to think I'd get one of those fights.

Warner: The Heavyweight Division is one of the deepest and among the best talent pool in the org. How do you think you will fair against these big guys? I mean so far you have done very well, and have been very entertaining. You never stop surprising people with your ability, but how do you feel you stack up against the top of the division?

Flanagan: Well when i first was invited to the Immortals NY i went straight to the smack talk and called out Styles to make my presence known but to be honest im far from ready to take on Styles , hes on a whole nother level. Everyone else though , thats a different story. Ill fight any man god ever made including Styles but ill deal with that when the time comes. There are plenty of tough guys in this division for me to fight before i should stary worrying about that belt. It is my ultimate goal to become champ but with only four professional mma bouts i have my whole career ahead of me and win or lose im always gonna be there to not only fight but to finish as well. Man im pumped up for this fight! Dope you better come to fight because im ready to put on a show!

Warner: OK, Last question. There are some big fights coming up in the division, Kenrick Nikil vs. Ron Sparks who as you know beat McClellan. Then there is the long awaited debut of Maxim Simmons as he takes on Wesley Snipes. What are your thoughts on those fights?

Flanagan: Well when it comes to the Sparks Nikil fight i see this one being very interesting. Whoever can implement there game plan should walk away with the victory. Its hard to pick a winner but im gonna be rooting for Nikil! Id like to see him get back on track.When it comes to Simmons , wow that kids a beast! I'd love to get a fight with him and see where I'd stand against him. Snipes can very well win that fight but I just can't see that happening.

Warner: OK, thank you for that. Ladies and gentlemen, that is all the time we have for this installment, we hope you enjoyed this interview with Johnny Flanagan, who fights tomorrow night at the Paddy O'Malley's Bar right here in New York. See you there. Thanks for joining us. Johnny, thanks again for coming on the show. It's been a pleasure.

Flanagan: Yeah man its great to be here and to be a part of INY. I just wanna make a quick shoutout to my training partner Anthony Brown. That kid pushes me in training every day and he's gonna make it big. I'd like to see him come over to INY although id rather not fight that young lion.

The sound cuts out and the show's theme music plays. Johnny Flanagan and Ricky Warner can be seen talking as the credits roll. Fade to black.

Im curious how we are expected to win by decision with such a BJJ level and with how his fighting style is, but alas we will see who gets the big W.

I assume you are referring to the Nikil Sparks fight.

The reason I said I think you will win by decision is that you tend to have your fighters be a bit more methodical and cautious when faced with a serious threat. So I see you taking the cautious route in this fight. Or do you not consider Nikil to be a serious threat? Hmmm... interesting notion.

I assume you are referring to the Nikil Sparks fight.

The reason I said I think you will win by decision is that you tend to have your fighters be a bit more methodical and cautious when faced with a serious threat. So I see you taking the cautious route in this fight. Or do you not consider Nikil to be a serious threat? Hmmm... interesting notion.

I dont see this as a fight that goes the distance, because if his ground and pound is too great he will get the tko, if he does not pound us out, we would have to tap him out to win from on our back. I just dont see how if we win this fight it would go by decision. Unless this somehow becomes a standup battle, which i think we all agree is unlikely.