Fighting with an injury

Well i misscalculated some things so i end up fighting with an injury. Give me some advice on what should i do. Generally its a striker vs striker match up (he has better muay thai,i have better boxing, but i feel i have the standup advantage) and i think on rushing with lots of agression, damaging blows and single shots for a first round stoppage and i will try to avoid clinches and takedowns. The other thing im thinking is actually being a counter puncher and throwing as less punches as possible, relying on accuracy not power. That way im going to preserve energy and possibly go for a UD win, altho i don't really know whether i'll gass out or not, or will i win the rounds. Give me your thoughts on the fight and i'll be happy if you share some tips and experience with a rookie :) .

I'm pretty much new to the game myself and so far haven't fought with an injury with any of my fighters.

I however do think that using the more cautious approach seems better when you are injured, so relying on countering and staying on the outside.

When you have an injury, I expect the fighter to be more weaker and easier to get caught with a strike that he didnt see coming, which is bound to happen when you rush in.

Just my thoughts, hope it's some help! Good luck in your match.

if your injury time is only a day or two, go with a normal strategy, however if you have a 5 or 6 day injury, you have to go balls out because the injury will rob your fighter of any natural aggression outside of what you set the slider at. and for being injured, try to end it quickly

I've only fought with an injury once

it was a 1 day injury, and I got absolutely dominated without much fighting back. your slider fu has to be sharp.. I got really tuned up with a massive skill advantage although I'm not sure how much I can attribute to the injury itself.

Instead of making a new thread for it, I'll just post it here..

" I got cracked with a good shot in boxing sparring today. I could do with a rest from it for a bit... I think I might have a mild concussion."

I got that message from a fighter. Is he being a wimp? :P In case he isn't.. how much time would be best if a fighter messages you saying they're hurt and need rest?

Instead of making a new thread for it, I'll just post it here..

" I got cracked with a good shot in boxing sparring today. I could do with a rest from it for a bit... I think I might have a mild concussion."

I got that message from a fighter. Is he being a wimp? :P In case he isn't.. how much time would be best if a fighter messages you saying they're hurt and need rest?

Just means you are sparring too many sessions in a row. Take a session off and try not to spar back to back sessions.

• Upvote 1

My fighter Heraldo fought with a 2 day injury in his last fight, yet he dominantly raped him on the distance and in the clinch, winning himself a clear cut descision win .. But I wont ever fight injured again, simply not worth the risk of a loss.. But if you're fighter has a big heart, I'm prettty sure he will take the win !

Don't fight with an injury ever. I've tried it two times and both times my guys got merced in the first couple minutes. It wasn't even a fight. As for how to set sliders I've tried two different ways but both times made no difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to find this out first hand in a couple days. Offered one of my fighters to a buddy who was having difficulty filling a card on short notice. Didn't realize he was still going to be injured, and the fights all booked!