Help for new managers

One of the things that was mentioned several times in the recent vote on training speeds, week lengths etc was that changes would help new managers. While I don't necessarily agree with this it did get me thinking as to how newcomers could be helped. Here are a few of the ideas I've come up with.

1. Money - New managers don't have much of it and it limits their chances to get decent training, supplements etc. Why not give them more. Either by giving their manager account money when they sign up or by giving the first X fighters they create a bonus. This would allow them to get better training and would also mean they could afford to stay in QFC's a bit longer, which I think is a goood way to learn the game. This would be particulaly helpful to them if the changes I suggested for companies in another thread were answered.

2. Speed up training time/game time - Ok I'm not a fan of this but I've put it in here because I know it is a favourite for a lot of people. Personally I think that the current speeds are still too quick about right Elite should be just that and there shouldn't be that many fighters with it. I do however buy into the argument that more pops keeps people interested and I could therefore stomach an increase in game speed combined with a proportionate increase in Training Speed. So for example game year becomes 6 real life weeks and trainign speed is doubled. Personally if it were to happen I would rather the opportunity was taken to slow training even more (thus allowing greater differenation in the build of top level fighters) so for example game year becomes 6 rl weeks and training speed is increased by 1.8 but thats just me. You would still see more pops and it may keep new managers interested.

3. You learn by fighting - Lets face it people probably join the game to fight, then once they join they see people with projects who don't fight for months and they think they have to do that to compete. What if your fighter gained some skills by fighting. These would be randomly distributed (helping to prevent exploitation of this feature) but would encourage people to jump in. It would also mean that the fighters that new managers when they start woule remain viable for longer as they are likely to fight often at the start of their careers. Thought may have to go into how this could be used to prevent explotation (i.e. fighting every couple of days against another fighter who is set to give you an easy win) but this could be fairly easy. Either make the increases proportionate to the length of the fight, to the energy used in the fight or just have a cap on how often you can get this bonus (each fighter benefits no more than once every 2 weeks or something).

4. You learn more by losing than winning - This ties into suggestion number 3. Lets face it, new managers tend to lose more than they win. This is due to the fact that they are learning the game. Losing is discouraging but it isn't as discouraging if

you gain something from it. If you got more stat increases by losing a fight than by winning then this would encourage people to keep the fighter and give it another go. Again measures would need to be in place to prevent explotation but that should be possible to do.

5. Improved stats for new managers - This isn't really one I'm in favour of as I think it is open to explotation and also doesn't really teach them anything. However I've included it as a suggestion because it is posible and it could work. New managers could get bonus stats for the first X fighters they create. This could either be in the form of hiddens or just extra points to spend when making the fighters. Big issue I can see here is experienced managers creating a new account, creating new fighters with improved skills then dropping them and picking them up as free agents with their main account.

6. Improved training speed for new managers - New managers get improved training speed for their first month. Then another month when they buy VIP. Again this could suffer from the same problems as 5 but it would help increase the number of pops they see and keep them coming back for more.

I do think new managers need help and whilst I don't agree with all of the suggestions I've made I thought I would throw them out there for people to agreewith/criticise/point out the blindingly obvious flaw I haven't thought of. Also if anyone has better ideas then I'd love to hear them.

New players should browse forum daily. Here you can get free stuff, money help etc..

I remember when I started, I came here after 4 months or something. I would have had much easier start if someone told that forum is great place.

New players should browse forum daily. Here you can get free stuff, money help etc..

I remember when I started, I came here after 4 months or something. I would have had much easier start if someone told that forum is great place.

This... Absolutely agree. I have gotten significantly better with training technique, and sliders since coming to the forums daily.

Now to the OP's points.

1.) This is probably the best point he made. New managers struggle immensely and they cannot get the same quality of training that managers that have a pile of cash can. Now I don't think that neither I, nor he is suggestion a LOT of money, but perhaps say $500 to $1000 in the managers account when they first open an account. They can use it however they wish, but should probably make four fighters and divy it up between them to get them into better gyms or what have you. Just off the top of my head. Perhaps another bonus cash infusion when the manager buys VIP?

2.) Speeding the Game speed up SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS! Totally opposed to this! 12 weeks is fine. I would like to see some change, perhaps, in the TRAINING SPEED. As has been suggested in other threads ad nauseum, an increase in training speeds up to Remarkable or possibly Wonderful, then slowing as the skill in question gets farther away from that break point, will prevent people from having Elite/Sensational/Sensational/Black. Especially if you give teeth back to the decline. I do not know if decline is tough enough yet personally, but many have suggested that it is like a tiger without teeth or claws, so there is considerably less threat of damage to a prize fighter.

3.)This is not a bad idea. Perhaps it could be tied to what happened during the fight. If your Muay Tai fighter got thrown on his back and grappled for 15 minutes, then maybe he could see the equivalent of a training session of wrestling sparring. While I like the idea and think it both makes sense and could be fun to see if you picked up something from getting that asswhopping, I suspect it would be a programming nightmare. But, I could be very wrong on that.

4.) Could be abused pretty badly. Maybe if it was in there and we were never told... but I think someone would figure it out and then we would see guys from the same managerfacing each other five or six times and laternating who wins just to pumpe each other up. Or worse, the creation of in house "can projects" that unscrupulous managers beat the living Hell out of just to get the bonus training points. Personally I think the gains should be small enough that this method would be pointless and cost more training time (and pops accordingly) then would be gained from whipping a dead horse into a Kentucky Derby winner.

5.) Horrible idea. Just begging for a rash of multis

6.) see number 5

I think adding to this something along the lines of what Grey and I proposed in this thread could also help. The relevant post is on page 13.

• Upvote 1

Same man, I didn't have a clue what or how helpful the forum was until a few months, maybe even a year after I joined. I forget exactly how/why I decided to come on the forums, but I wish I did way earlier.