Poll: Do we need to increase the maximum of fighters for normal manager?

nissan2918

What do you think?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

I believe that one of the reason why many managers leave the game early is the lack of fights to watch/read. I mean, the maximum 4 fighters will only give at least 6 fights per month.

I believe increasing the maximum to 5 will be a big boost to the population of the game(5% to 10% is my estimate).

If you have 5 fighters, you will have more fighter to observe and at least 8 fights per month.

I doubt that the VIP interest will be affected by this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I do think that there's a lack of clear goals for new managers. It's all a bit too much at one time and progress is very slow. There's not enough instant pleasure to get people to stick with the game. Still I don't think that upping the maximum amount of fighters is going to help the game. The lack of fighters is something that should bother you. It's more incentive for you to go VIP. You have six more fighters and a lot of other advantages. I had VIP for a year and I probably will go for it again soon.

• Upvote 3

The number of fighters for normal managers should be increased to 10, for VIP account to 30. (and i think 10 is absolute minimum)

I'm a new player to this game, but i already forgot about this game before my first fight happened and my fighter was tired. There is simple NOTHING TO DO, especially if you create four 18 yo fighters, who needs some training. I can understand that the arguments about not increasing the time speed to keep your old fighters still alive and active after RL year or two, but then there is HUGE need for other improvements.

What are the arguments against increased number of fighters besides the VIP thing? I can't see any. The limit for VIP accounts can also be increased, so i don't even think there is one valid argument.

I don't think it's some ultimate solution to get more players, but it's one of many steps that needs to be done. I'm a fan of MMA and i'm a fan of computer games, but really... after a month of "playing" I can't recommend this game to anyone and i'm not even thinking about buying a VIP.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

The number of fighters for normal managers should be increased to 10, for VIP account to 30. (and i think 10 is absolute minimum)

I'm a new player to this game, but i already forgot about this game before my first fight happened and my fighter was tired. There is simple NOTHING TO DO, especially if you create four 18 yo fighters, who needs some training. I can understand that the arguments about not increasing the time speed to keep your old fighters still alive and active after RL year or two, but then there is HUGE need for other improvements.

What are the arguments against increased number of fighters besides the VIP thing? I can't see any. The limit for VIP accounts can also be increased, so i don't even think there is one valid argument.

I don't think it's some ultimate solution to get more players, but it's one of many steps that needs to be done. I'm a fan of MMA and i'm a fan of computer games, but really... after a month of "playing" I can't recommend this game to anyone and i'm not even thinking about buying a VIP.

that is the most honest comment that I read for months!! I hope Mike tycoon and the admins also read it.

And I hope that their mind will be open to a big change in the game to lure more casual players!!

Increasing the maximum of fighters will be the first step to the journey to 10000!!

that is the most honest comment that I read for months!! I hope Mike tycoon and the admins also read it.

And I hope that their mind will be open to a big change in the game to lure more casual players!!

Increasing the maximum of fighters will be the first step to the journey to 10000!!

i would be ok with a increase in both vip and non vip.. i think 6-10 non vip would be cool, but instead of being allowed to create, some of them must be signed from the Free agent pool. i think 15-20 VIP would be great, (without buying extra) maybe even force 1 or two Free agent on them too.

• Upvote 1

Spot on for new managers.. I myself dragged a few people to start playing, but they've all quit in a month or so, simply becoz; It was too boring and nothing to do .. For me, if I dont fight in a few weeks, its okay.. Coz I can set training, manage my gym, read the forum etc etc etc.. But for a guy who played 2 weeks, its just not funny reading forum and other fights all the time, they want to fight themselves.. A lot early on to figure out the game, learn to love that its based on real time and sometimes you gotta wait for a fight or train too a fight

I disagree. It's already tedious work handling 15 fighters, I don't think adding more solves enough issues to make it worth forcing everyone to manage 20-30 fighters. Please don't give "If you don't want to manage 30 fighters, just make 15 only" or something since they don't work. They didn't work back when the limit was increased from 10 to 15 and won't work now. In order to compete on an even pegging with others, most managers will need to go for the max fighters as well.

Instead of increasing the # of fighters, one can increase the game speed. If one can change things around to make it ideal to fight twice a month over the current once a month, I think it could work out better.

I disagree. It's already tedious work handling 15 fighters, I don't think adding more solves enough issues to make it worth forcing everyone to manage 20-30 fighters. Please don't give "If you don't want to manage 30 fighters, just make 15 only" or something since they don't work. They didn't work back when the limit was increased from 10 to 15 and won't work now. In order to compete on an even pegging with others, most managers will need to go for the max fighters as well.

Instead of increasing the # of fighters, one can increase the game speed. If one can change things around to make it ideal to fight twice a month over the current once a month, I think it could work out better.

If you cannot manage 30 then dont manage 30. And, I believe, it will not be increase up to 30. :)

I don't think increasing the non-vip slots up to 10 is the answer. It would diminish the VIP and I think they have enough slots to work already.

But I do agree that one or two more slots will come in handy.

My idea is: A regular rookie gets the regular 4 slots. If he sticks to the game, after a certain period of time, he is upgraded to an intermediate manager and with it he gains one more fight slot. The same thing applies when he becomes an established manager. He gets another fighter slot ending up a total of 6 fighter slots.

I think setting up some goals should make the rookies more acceptable to keep playing the game. Not only the increase of slots but other things might also help.

• Upvote 2

If you cannot manage 30 then dont manage 30. And, I believe, it will not be increase up to 30. :)

You can search the forums for the threads when it was bumped from 10 -> 15. People said that for a bit but by the end of it, anyone who wanted to compete on even peggings ended up converting to 15 anyway.

I don't think increasing the non-vip slots up to 10 is the answer. It would diminish the VIP and I think they have enough slots to work already.

But I do agree that one or two more slots will come in handy.

My idea is: A regular rookie gets the regular 4 slots. If he sticks to the game, after a certain period of time, he is upgraded to an intermediate manager and with it he gains one more fight slot. The same thing applies when he becomes an established manager. He gets another fighter slot ending up a total of 6 fighter slots.

I think setting up some goals should make the rookies more acceptable to keep playing the game. Not only the increase of slots but other things might also help.

the idea of increasing the maximum is to have a bigger chance that the new manager will stay with the game sir :)

You can search the forums for the threads when it was bumped from 10 -> 15. People said that for a bit but by the end of it, anyone who wanted to compete on even peggings ended up converting to 15 anyway.

And why is that such a bad thing? More money for Mike and the game...

Also everyone knows the manager rankings are screwed so competing on even peggings is a flawed argument to begin with..

I think upping the limit to 20 fighters for VIP's and giving non VIP's an extra couple of fighters is a great idea.

If you give me, and I assume most other veteran managers, 5 more fighter slots I will simply make 5 projects and pay for elite training with my practically unlimited money. Luckily I have enough fighters to entertain me already so I can wait for those 5 guys to be sensational across before I beat up all these normal managers that you guys are trying to help.

Just letting you guys know.

• Upvote 2

If you give me, and I assume most other veteran managers, 5 more fighter slots I will simply make 5 projects and pay for elite training with my practically unlimited money. Luckily I have enough fighters to entertain me already so I can wait for those 5 guys to be sensational across before I beat up all these normal managers that you guys are trying to help.

You won't make sensational across fighters now, the slower training has stopped that.. So yeah you can train up 5 new pojects with twenty fighters... But how is that different from training up 5 new fighters when you only have 10 slots??

Also would you really go can crushing with 5 projects you have trained up??

+1

If I could have 100 fighters I would, and they would be just as he stated above.

Stu,

the slower training is way over rated, and I think a bit of propaganda by the anti-ticker crowd.

All you guys saying you can't build fighters anymore...

just turned 20 (Jan 14)

Boxing Superb, 10 (0)-- (38 sessions)

Muay Thai Remarkable, 11 (6)++ (54 sessions)

Wrestling Exceptional, 13 (14)+ (27 sessions)

BJJ Strong, 9 (4)++ (42 sessions)

just turned 19 (Jan 17)

Boxing Competent, 6 (3)+

Muay Thai Wonderful, 12 (16)++

Wrestling Strong, 9 (1)++

BJJ Mediocre, 5 (0)--

6 sparring sessions a week. By the time they are 22 and 4 weeks, they will be just as good as any 22 year olds of the past. 4 weeks makes little difference on the scale of things.

I don't even think those guys are fast learners, I was never one to bother tracking it that closely. I just know I don't see

much difference from 0-14. Slower at the bottom, faster at the top, not much overall.

You still get up to 72 sparring sessions per game year.

• Downvote 1

+1

If I could have 100 fighters I would, and they would be just as he stated above.

Stu,

the slower training is way over rated, and I think a bit of propaganda by the anti-ticker crowd.

All you guys saying you can't build fighters anymore...

just turned 20 (Jan 14)

Boxing Superb, 10 (0)-- (38 sessions)

Muay Thai Remarkable, 11 (6)++ (54 sessions)

Wrestling Exceptional, 13 (14)+ (27 sessions)

BJJ Strong, 9 (4)++ (42 sessions)

just turned 19 (Jan 17)

Boxing Competent, 6 (3)+

Muay Thai Wonderful, 12 (16)++

Wrestling Strong, 9 (1)++

BJJ Mediocre, 5 (0)--

6 sparring sessions a week. By the time they are 22 and 4 weeks, they will be just as good as any 22 year olds of the past. 4 weeks makes little difference on the scale of things.

I don't even think those guys are fast learners, I was never one to bother tracking it that closely. I just know I don't see

much difference from 0-14. Slower at the bottom, faster at the top, not much overall.

You still get up to 72 sparring sessions per game year.

Firstly I'm certainly not an anti ticker person - I have stated in many threads tickers need to be sped up.

But a few things are flawed in your argument primary wise my 20yo fighters prior to the changes were getting to at least exceptional/exceptional/exceptional/purple.

Changes to sparring - 1v1 with an elite partner isn't as effective as it was which also means training upper level skills becomes harder not to mention it's not hard to get to 4 stars (I have 4 stars on guys that are strong and superb) in a disicpline which means to get maximum gains from sparring you need 4 other partners of 5 stars or above (You get maximum gains from training with 4 partners 20% better than you so with a 4 stars you need 4 5 star partners,

Just looking at skills from useless to wonderful you lose at least 15 sessions when comparing the fastest learners prior to the changes to fairly fast learners in this system (old system 25-30 sessions for a fast learner, new system minimum 40 sessions)

The game year has been reduced by 1 week for every year so that takes out 4 weeks or 48 sessions in the best learning years (18-22)

It is fact that fighters will not reach the levels of the generations before them.. There will be a significant difference between fighters with id's of <= ~120k and any created after that, that significant difference will be in for 2 or 3 years real life time unless something else changes with decline etc.

I'm not saying that fighters not reaching those levels is a bad thing either.. (God mode would absolutely suck)

Also just for your reference.. I have 22yo prior to the changes that was at

Exceptional/wonderful/sensational/sensational which is quite teh way in front of your guy and I bet there are others out there that were even better than that at 22.

Congrats, you have way inferior primaries on a guy who's spent what amounts to 3 RL months doing nothing but sparring, and your secondaries\physicals are probably way worse. Training has been slowed down, but it's not like the sky is falling. I doubt anyone but the biggest whiners would complain if it actually was feasible to catch up to the beasts on top (through an actual skill decline).

• Upvote 1

Congrats, you have way inferior primaries on a guy who's spent what amounts to 3 RL months doing nothing but sparring, and your secondaries\physicals are probably way worse. Training has been slowed down, but it's not like the sky is falling. I doubt anyone but the biggest whiners would complain if it actually was feasible to catch up to the beasts on top (through an actual skill decline).

Yet again.... truth.

Stu is also correct IMO

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see extra slots that can be used as Sparbots. I suggest allowing fighters 30 years + being able to spar but not fight more than 2 times per given year (older fighters get injured more)