Poll: Do we need to increase the maximum of fighters for normal manager?

nissan2918

What do you think?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

One more fighter slot when new manager turns intermediate status. 15 slots are fine (with 30 tickers and training schedules I would be little lost, to say at least; not to mention scouting and gameplans for all) but idea of other few slots for retired fighters to serve as somekind of coach, as was mentioned by Mike some time ago, is godsent solution.

Just imo...

edit:

Yey! Purple!

• 1 year later...

I think an increase in both would b fair and speaking for noobs it is really hard to stick to the game with the lack of things to do.

Adding a few fighters to both vip and non vip would b beneficial in all ways but the lack of daily things to do really hurts interest from new players, and really slows the growth of the game world

I think 5 fighters for non-VIP would work, especially if in the NUG it was suggested (with a general description of how it works) that the 5th is used as a project, supported by the other 4 fighters.

EDIT: I agree with jv8 too, some additional non-essential daily stuff would be nice for those who do want to be more involved.

I am still fairly new and am yet to buy fighter slots (but will be doing so). I would love to manage more fighters and would gladly have the change but it is not the answer : New players will still have to wait 3 days before fighting and finding out that they should not have fought in the first place. I think maybe speeding up the game process would work better. I also think that something simple like a pop up at the beginning of the game that explains "how to build a fighter" so that people can read it first rather than having to come to the forums etc.

I don't have the answer to fighting quicker, Potentially have a pool of mid range AI fighters that new managers can fight on an hours notice, these would not be manager run fighters but "norms" on the server. From there players could be given an early walk through of slider settings, advice about clothing and supps etc. Maybe have it so that "rookie" managers can fight ALL of their fighters in this quick manner (obviously they'd only get the walk through once - or have the option to turn it off on the next builds.

I wouldn't be against more fighters as a VIP but the point made about more fighters for non-VIP's giving them more to keep coming back for makes a lot of sense and will lead to more people sticking around

I'd like more fighters, I'd like to see hard caps on stats so people couldn't keep elbows at feeble and max out everything else, I'd like training to be the same from 1on1 to 8on1 because a few other people in class doesn't destroy your learning experience. There are a million other great ideas around the community but no one can agree so hardly anything is implemented.

I wouldnt mind if non VIP got an extra spot to keep them more active.

Another solution would be to have all new managers start up in a place like the Island, where there arent any beast fighters lurking.

Instead of creating their own fighters to start up, they would be given 4-5, 25 year old fighters with a mix of reasonable builds, striker with takedowndefence, bjj/submission fighter, gnp wrestler ect.

That way they could test the different builds before eventually building their own guys, and do so against equal opposition.

When the rookie period ended they would be moved to "the real world" where they would be able to chose if they wanted to keep their fighters of sack some and create their own fighters.

• Upvote 2

Sounds to me someone just wants more of that free stuff.

But really, does adding one fighter slot actually change anything? If you have an internet connection then Im sure 98% of all people can afford to go VIP -> GO VIP suckers it's soooooooo worth it!

Voted for "I don't care" becouse I dont. If non-VIPs get more free shit that's nothing taken away from me then so be it. :P

I'm also a new manager, and I think for people saying they have nothing to do, and that it's a struggle as a new manager, is just a lack of interest in the game.

I've been playing this for I think just over a month, maybe a month and a half I think. Through donations from players on chat (which I didn't even have to ask for) and my own preview/review writing and avatar making I currently have an org with I think just under 50 fighters, 150k in the org bank, and 370 in my own bank.

I know I didn't specifically earn all of this, but I used my initiative. I'm always on the site wiki or asking questions in the chatroom. I do whatever I can to earn some extra money on the side, and most importantly to maintain VIP.

So new fighters can't claim to be stuck in a limbo on the site. When you want to make the game fun, you can.

As for fighter slots, maybe there are issues with a lack of fighters, I'm not sure, but I found that 4 was very annoying, which is good, because that was a huge incentive for me to want to upgrade to VIP. I traded in game money for VIP, so Steel Penn spent the actual cash, but none the less money went into the site BECAUSE I didn't have a lot of fighters. I love the way the system is now, and think its good where we are.

• Upvote 1

I think just giving 1 extra fighter slot at the start will do nothing. Now the idea about somehow earning an extra fighter slot at intermediate and another one at experienced sounds like that could be interesting.

I wouldnt mind if non VIP got an extra spot to keep them more active.

Another solution would be to have all new managers start up in a place like the Island, where there arent any beast fighters lurking.

Instead of creating their own fighters to start up, they would be given 4-5, 25 year old fighters with a mix of reasonable builds, striker with takedowndefence, bjj/submission fighter, gnp wrestler ect.

That way they could test the different builds before eventually building their own guys, and do so against equal opposition.

When the rookie period ended they would be moved to "the real world" where they would be able to chose if they wanted to keep their fighters of sack some and create their own fighters.

This sounds interesting too. They must have the option to cut those fighters though if they don't want them. And maybe also have the option to just straight move to "the real world" after a short period instead of staying the full rookie period, but there would be stern warnings against it kind of thing.

i voted no i think the game is more then fair to non VIPs i played for a month as a non Vip and 4 was more then enough fighters, but i really enjoyed it so $10s really wasnt a lot to pay for the chance to have more fighters, a business and more so if you dont want to help support the game then you should only get the 4 plus 1 island fighter

Firstly I'm certainly not an anti ticker person - I have stated in many threads tickers need to be sped up.

But a few things are flawed in your argument primary wise my 20yo fighters prior to the changes were getting to at least exceptional/exceptional/exceptional/purple.

Changes to sparring - 1v1 with an elite partner isn't as effective as it was which also means training upper level skills becomes harder not to mention it's not hard to get to 4 stars (I have 4 stars on guys that are strong and superb) in a disicpline which means to get maximum gains from sparring you need 4 other partners of 5 stars or above (You get maximum gains from training with 4 partners 20% better than you so with a 4 stars you need 4 5 star partners,

Just looking at skills from useless to wonderful you lose at least 15 sessions when comparing the fastest learners prior to the changes to fairly fast learners in this system (old system 25-30 sessions for a fast learner, new system minimum 40 sessions)

The game year has been reduced by 1 week for every year so that takes out 4 weeks or 48 sessions in the best learning years (18-22)

It is fact that fighters will not reach the levels of the generations before them.. There will be a significant difference between fighters with id's of <= ~120k and any created after that, that significant difference will be in for 2 or 3 years real life time unless something else changes with decline etc.

I'm not saying that fighters not reaching those levels is a bad thing either.. (God mode would absolutely suck)

Also just for your reference.. I have 22yo prior to the changes that was at

Exceptional/wonderful/sensational/sensational which is quite teh way in front of your guy and I bet there are others out there that were even better than that at 22.

Boba Fett was the Blitz Hilo champion by 22....I have guys who are 25, built 87 weeks ago and at about 74% skills. Not saying 74 is bad or anything but those guys aren't even out of ID orgs quite yet, they're about 4-5% behind where my elite level fighters are...and by the time they reach that they will almost be ready to start declining.

The nothing to do at the start of this game is a large reason why so many noobs quit. It's been an issue for a long time now.

I have offered many suggestions to helping this including QFC tournaments w/ decent skilled guys to hopefully grab people's interest having some of that instant gratification this could be limited to 2-3 extra fighter slots the same way the Island is. I have given numerous other possibilities and Mike never seems interested but would rather work on lame things like the Island

• Upvote 1