Nutrition Companies

I think there should be shipping or something charged for supplements bought outside your location, manager or fighter. How can new companies compete. Its not realistic. In the real world you might buy a supplement locally because it is cheaper and more convenient over a supp thats better somewhere else. There should be shipping charged for supps outside your location. Also there should be shipping time you have to wait if you buy a product outside your location. In real life if im in Rio and buy from New York theres gonna be like a 5 day wait for it to be shipped. In the game its instant not realistic at all. Just something to think about. I would be crazy to start a nutrition company with the current system. Why would anyone buy a supplement other than one of the current 150+ offerings.

I 1000% agree with this post. As a new nutrition company owner for me to have to compete with other established nutrition companies outside my base location who can make 150+ products is horrible! There has to be something done to change this. Also if a company in Las Vegas can sponsor fighters in New York and give them free supplements they should have to wait the same waiting period to receive them.

All that is going to happen is people who open a nutrition company (like myself) are going to struggle and have to worry about losing my VIP status. I know I offer a top product for LA based fighters, but why would they buy my product if they can buy better from Vegas or Tokyo and get it instantly? Also what stops X established company with huge profits already selling a 152+ product from dropping there price down to say $30 and killing the market place. They already paid the money to research the product and they are still in the + financially. Theoretically they can order 1000 units of 152+ product for $4400 dollars. charging $30 a pop they stand to make $30,000 which is great for them cause there loan is paid off and they have no worries. It'll kill the nutrition business in a whole and basically corner the market to said few companies. Personally the more i think about it the more i'd like to see fighter have to buy supplements from only cities they are based in, let the nutrition companies battle vs others in their city market not worldwide. Managers could be allowed to buy from anywhere and give to any fighter. whatever happens something needs to be done soon

Its a death sentence to start a supp company under the current system. Youve got to at least add shipping time and shipping charges. I don't know what shipping time would be but just to ship across county in america is maybe 5-6 days. Out of country would be twice as much id imagine plus with fuel prices shipping charges should be very high. So buying supps from another location should be costly. It doesnt make any sense. If my fighter in rio buys from tokyo he gets it instant. If i buy it for him he gets it in 3 days. How does that make any sense at all.

I think fighters should have to buy supplements from a nutrition company within the city they are based. If they travel to another city they can buy from that location cause they are there. other then that they have to buy from a nutrition company where they are located. Managers can buy from anywhere in the world and still give to there fighters but would have to pay shipping fee and wait time if they are buying from outside their based location. With that I think things would be a little more even and allow for companies to grow within their city and make a point to opening a nutrition company with in a new city or future cities that are added to the game.

I think fighters should have to buy supplements from a nutrition company within the city they are based. If they travel to another city they can buy from that location cause they are there. other then that they have to buy from a nutrition company where they are located. Managers can buy from anywhere in the world and still give to there fighters but would have to pay shipping fee and wait time if they are buying from outside their based location. With that I think things would be a little more even and allow for companies to grow within their city and make a point to opening a nutrition company with in a new city or future cities that are added to the game.

I agree. Also it would take a lot of time just like real life. Manager orders from say tokyo he is located in LA. It may take 6 days to get to him. Then 2 days shipping time to get to his fighter in Las Vegas. I say let fighters buy from anywhere but its gonna be costly. But it would be costly in real life.

having to buy from the city your in is crazy -- now yes it should take say 3 days before getting it -- same as you sending something to your fighter but in no way just limit to the city -- not even close to happening in real life

you know what the problem might be is yall all have nutrition companies but yet no advertisement on you part -- look at your sigs -- nothing, advertisement really works -- you have to push your company get the name and everything out there

• Downvote 1

having to buy from the city your in is crazy -- now yes it should take say 3 days before getting it -- same as you sending something to your fighter but in no way just limit to the city -- not even close to happening in real life

you know what the problem might be is yall all have nutrition companies but yet no advertisement on you part -- look at your sigs -- nothing, advertisement really works -- you have to push your company get the name and everything out there

I don't own a nutrition company, don't know anybody who does. I just see whats right and whats wrong. I agree with you, though. You shouldn't be limited to your city. I just think you should have to pay shipping and wait for it to be shipped to you to make the game more realistic. It should level the playing field for the companies somewhat.

I can push my company till I'm blue in the face. take the time and mail every manager in the game. The problem comes in when I offer a 130 quality product for $50 and a company who has been open much longer then I have can offer a better product and have the means to under cut my price WHY would any manager not want to buy from them? There is no draw back at all.

I understand real life and that's all well and good. I'm talking about game life here, how can a nutrition company grow within a new city if any brand new fighter in that city can hit up Vegas buy a $50 150+ stamina product? It's not gonna happen, which product are you gonna buy??. So for every 10 product I'll sell they'll sell 100 make even more money make even better products and i'm out in the wind with no way to compete. I'm saying for the sake of the game and people who want to go VIP and maybe open a company but won't because of the monopoly and the existing struggling companies something NEEDS to be done

It's tough for struggling supplemental companies I would imagine.If you can buy worldwide without any fee, why not just buy the best from the few people that can compete against each other instead of buying from those 60 other supplemental company.Maybe a shiping fee of like 50$ or 100$ being put in place soon could help those companies and encourage people to buy homemade although its unlikely to make a big difference

Just to help make the point across, I wouldn't buy from you guys! :P Take no offense to it but if I can just buy the best without any kind of extra fee then might as well buy from the top 5 supplemental companies.

Nutritional companies seem to be the absolute worst thing to go into at the moment,just seems like limited options for competing against more well known known that already have their brand out.With the shipping fee put into place it might encourage more,mostly people on a budget to look at homegrown.I don't think it would harm the top companies

My problem with all of this is the fact that we've been playing this way for awhile now. The top nutrition companies are the top because we have ALL supported them. If we change it now, I think the fighters in specific locales will get an unfair advantage over other locales because at this point, we've all supported the top 3 companies.

If now, those 3 companies can only sell product to local fighters, those local fighters get an unfair advantage. I wouldn't have previously bought NSN or FKN or MMA's product if I knew the money I was spending was only going to benefit other fighters and not me.

I don't own a nutrition company, don't know anybody who does. I just see whats right and whats wrong. I agree with you, though. You shouldn't be limited to your city. I just think you should have to pay shipping and wait for it to be shipped to you to make the game more realistic. It should level the playing field for the companies somewhat.

Here is another scenario for you. Shipping fee's and wait time get's implemented into the game. So let's say a fighter in tokyo wants to buy products from X top nutrition company in Vegas. product is 150+ quality cost $100 with shipping say he is paying $150 for the product and a 5 day wait time. Now I am owner of X nutrition company I know people want to buy form me but now they are paying more so I have the means to lower all my prices so people will STILL buy from me anywhere in the world and i'll make a profit. I can lower my price to $25 a product doesn't matter eventually i'm gonna make a profit albeit a lot slower then before but with such a low price everyone will want to buy my product even paying the shipping and the wait time.

How can a nutrition company that opens in Helsinki ever compete with say the likes of Non-stop nutrtion?? it'll never happen, Non-stop will always be miles ahead of them. Now i'm not saying i want the bigger companies punished that would be wrong. This is why i feel fighters should grow with the city they are in and the companies in those cities grow with the fighters. Limiting fighters to buy form local companies works game wise, I cna see the gripe of managers complaining "oh the companies in X city suck I want the best product it's not fair" Well at least it'll somewhat be even for every fighter int hat city having to get supplements just as bad as you until the companies in that area can grow and make better products, if companies in that area offer crap products there is more incentive for someone to go VIP and start a better company and offer a better product int hat market. Also managers could buy from anywhere but would have to pay shipping and have the wait time and could still give products to their fighters so your not totally eliminating out of market buying. If you stop and think it makes sense. I'm not saying this is how it should be done, it's just an idea and a pretty fair one. I really hope Tycoon has somethign in mind to fix this situation cause it def is a glarring problem and I wish I never opened up my nutrition company knowing what i know now.

You have a good point there Matty,it really seems like a tough problem with no easy fix in the matter but I think Nutrition companies need to be able to compete better.I think the best fix in the matter for now though seems like the shipping fee being put into place.It'll encourage most newer and poorer users to buy homegrown but as their fighters get better and able to get better contracts they'll be able to able to afford getting supplements shiped to them if they feel that the best supplements in their city aren't meeting their needs.Just not too much a new supplemental company can do in order to be successful when you have the best supplement companies like nonstop or mma's nutrition already near the top, and only getting bigger/more money.Tycoon I think already said something about a shipping fee coming,maybe this thread will bump it up in priority slightly :P.

Maybe only 50-150$ as a shipping fee but not enough to stop most people that were already buying them to keep buying them.

Nutrition companies just seem like the least desirable of the four current possible companies to have.

Fight orgs - They'll always be more fighters with more new people joining the game

Gyms - ^ With more new fighters people will need more gyms

Clothing - Really more about what looks cool for the most part so photoshoping skills/cool looking pictures do well here so it seems more about creativity.

Nutritional - As talked about before,why not just buy the best without any incentive to buy the rest at least when looking worldwide.

It cost money to move fighters or to visit a different city,so in that sense also seems fair for a cost to get supplements shipped towards you,even clothing to a lesser degree.

this is all the same problem as with the gyms. supplements are too cheap to produce just like coaches are to cheap to sign.

make the really great supplements cost so much that only the really great fighters can afford to use them on the regular and the newer fighters can only afford to buy the lower 100's. that would put everybody up against competition thats on there level.

i agree. who buys a 130 supp for 80 bucks when u can get 150+ for 120 or whatever it costs. theres no separation. but it definatly needs to be

I don't think 50-150$ more depending on the price would stop people from buying them so much.Personally myself I'd still buy MMA's best Nutrition or Non-stop but all my fighters are in Vegas anyway so wouldn't apply to me,but with maybe a 50 dollar price tag for 130 quality like JKStar's with the shipping fee added it might consider those more on a budget to go for JKStar's.For the shipping fee when buying for more then one fighter, maybe it could be set to pay the fee only once a day only when you buy that one product, and after that the rest for that day doesn't apply until the day ends.

Of course some people will be alienated at the start since no knowing which of their local supplemental companies are good or not.There doesn't seem to be much of an easy solution unfortunately :( but I think overall it should be done and I don't own a supplemental company myself so I'm just saying it as someone looking from the outside.

I don't want this topicd to die, and i'd really like to here form mike about what he has planned to fix this issue. cause as it stands the rich are getting even richer and us new guys are getting shafted! At this rate it'll take me 6 weeks to sell out my stock and make a tiny profit