so, aggression doesn't count in round scoring?

This happened earlier today.

Draw

Basically, I dominated the first round and ended with a 10-8. Then, I proceed to try 89 unsuccessful takedowns (even though I had his takedowns at about 60%) over the next two rounds while the other fighter did absolutely nothing. Didn't throw a punch, kick, takedown, nothing. The judges gave the last two rounds to him with one judge giving him a 10-8 for the third round.

I understand that if it goes to the judges anything can happen but I can't see most judges giving a fighter a round without attempting an offensive move. It also seems strange that my guy would try 89 takedowns and nothing else with his stay standing/try takedowns at 40/60.

40/60 takedowns means that 6 out of every 10 moves on average will be a takedown attempt. That looks about right when I read this fight. After the first round I don't think that you hit a strike or a takedown. Don't know much about scoring but I disagree with the 100% fight rating.

I know that it doesn't really work like this but while he was standing my guy had 11 strikes and 90 takedowns. That works out to striking 10% of the time, pretty far from the 40% I was hoping for. I'm guessing that guys stop striking when they're gassed which he was after 67 strikes on the ground, that said it still seems strange to go for takedowns given how tiring they are.

It also seems strange that my guy would try 89 takedowns and nothing else with his stay standing/try takedowns at 40/60.

He did try other stuff. It just missed.

Your fighter might have low intelligence. It's possible he makes bad decisions when left to himself. What were your sliders for following the gameplan and obeying orders?

He did try other stuff. It just missed.

Good point, I thought all the strikes happened in the first round. Shouldn't this make my guy more likely to win one of those rounds?

Aggression does count, but constantly failing to takedown your opponent makes them look good. You should keep in mind that it was a majority draw and with the scoring, none of the judges had you winning the fight. He made your guy look absolutely silly in the second and third rounds. Quite frankly, you were extremely lucky your opponent didn't have a better strategy or you would've been knocked out in the last two rounds.

If you had 89 unsuccessful takedowns, that basically gave the other guy a shit load of points for defending the takedowns. If you want to take a fight to the ground, go for about 15-20% takedowns unless you are almost guaranteed to get a takedown if you go for it. If the opponent knows you're shooting and nothing else, he just stuffs the takedowns easily and that counts as "octagon control", which scores points.

If you had 89 unsuccessful takedowns, that basically gave the other guy a shit load of points for defending the takedowns. If you want to take a fight to the ground, go for about 15-20% takedowns unless you are almost guaranteed to get a takedown if you go for it. If the opponent knows you're shooting and nothing else, he just stuffs the takedowns easily and that counts as "octagon control", which scores points.

Thanks for clearing this up, I guess I underestimated how often he'd try for takedowns based on the sliders.

Yeah, tactics are very important. I've beaten a brown belt in BJJ on the ground with a purple belt and out-kicked a Remarkable Muay Thai fighter with a Proficient Muay Thai guy all using strategy.

I'm really surprised at the depth you guys have managed to fit into this game. Its refreshing to know that my guy can still win if I ever figure out the tactic sliders.