The League of Leagues - Updates, Smacktalk, Awesomeness!

Not really feeling the "no training" thing but whatever the majority wants I'll be ok with. Personally I'd rather train and have the option to join a lower tier organization afterwards than be forced to sack my fighter or join QFC. Nothing against QFC orgs but one fighter is all I want to commit to that playstyle. As for the format I'm not picky I personally don't mind being in it for the long run, but a shorter round 1 sounds like a good idea. Put me down for LoL v2.0 for sure.

- Firstly, the idea was to make it 25 year old fighters with no training allowed. This will be done in partnership with the QFC orgs and will give fighters a home after the tournament is over / they are eliminated if they wish! It was better than getting small batches of training between fights and still being kind of irrelevant at the end of the tournament.

I absolutely hate this idea. The training

a) rewards fighter for winning faster - more training time compared to opposition

b ) lets you play fuller array of strategies as some dont really work without physicals - like trying to KO people

c) let you fill the "holes" in fighters

d) are fun and vital part of the game

e) makes the fighter viable for other orgs than the 1 you are getting lobbied from

I dunno if you are getting bribed by QFC for doing this (I see no other reason why this should be implemented other than you getting something from QFC in return), but seriously this is beyond dumb and would significantly decrease the quality of the tourney.

• Upvote 1

I definitely don't like the "no training" element and would prefer 18 year old builds.

It annoys me that a have a wicked and very durable fighter in Uriel Sheet, who's ONLY downside seems to be injuries (typical of my luck in a week by week tourney). He is a fighter i would definitely keep after the tourney if he wasn't a 25 year old build.

I absolutely hate this idea. The training

a) rewards fighter for winning faster - more training time compared to opposition

b ) lets you play fuller array of strategies as some dont really work without physicals - like trying to KO people

c) let you fill the "holes" in fighters

d) are fun and vital part of the game

e) makes the fighter viable for other orgs than the 1 you are getting lobbied from

I dunno if you are getting bribed by QFC for doing this (I see no other reason why this should be implemented other than you getting something from QFC in return), but seriously this is beyond dumb and would significantly decrease the quality of the tourney.

While the entire idea was to generate debate and get opinions, I'd appreciate if you don't throw out any accusations of bribing and what-not. If you've known me as long as you have, you should know that that shit doesn't fly with me.

Anyway, this is exactly why I posted all this, I wanted to get all of your opinions. Here's basically 2-3 options with their pros and cons listed. Kind of explains why I was thinking of going the 25 year old - no training route.

a) 18 year olds, training: makes a lot of it dependent on learning speed, not enough points to start with to create different builds etc. high potential after the tournament, can fight wherever.

B) 25 year olds, training: starts with enough skills to allow different builds, training isn't a big difference maker but can help in some skills. fighters become kind of useless after the tournament is over.

c) 25 year olds, no training: starts with enough skills to allow different builds, can't train but you have a place where you can fight fair competition after the tournament.

anyway, please do give your thoughts on all this... i'll probably post a poll sometime soon!

While the entire idea was to generate debate and get opinions, I'd appreciate if you don't throw out any accusations of bribing and what-not. If you've known me as long as you have, you should know that that shit doesn't fly with me.

Anyway, this is exactly why I posted all this, I wanted to get all of your opinions. Here's basically 2-3 options with their pros and cons listed. Kind of explains why I was thinking of going the 25 year old - no training route.

a) 18 year olds, training: makes a lot of it dependent on learning speed, not enough points to start with to create different builds etc. high potential after the tournament, can fight wherever.

B) 25 year olds, training: starts with enough skills to allow different builds, training isn't a big difference maker but can help in some skills. fighters become kind of useless after the tournament is over.

c) 25 year olds, no training: starts with enough skills to allow different builds, can't train but you have a place where you can fight fair competition after the tournament.

anyway, please do give your thoughts on all this... i'll probably post a poll sometime soon!

I am sorry if you found it offensive, wasnt an intention, but felt the need to express how ridiculous it seems. I posted a list of cons to the idea, how about you post a list of pros for the idea so there is something to compare? I really couldnt think of a single good reason to implement that, which is where the "bribed" thing came from - people dont do things without a reason.

As for "you have a place where you can fight fair competition after the tournament", that is no argument at all, because:

1) you can always make immediately-ready fighter for that type of org, takes 30 seconds + 1 fighter slot and he will be no different from whoever you had in the tourney.

2) its not true that 25 year olds with training cant fight anywhere afterwards, there are plenty lower tier/high id restriction orgs where a 25 year old can get some fights.

Training is an absolute must for me.

Of course learning speed should be a factor, so should injuries, cuts and all other hiddens be..

With 18 year olds you might see more grapplers ready to pounce on the pure strikers with no ground etc...

Might even see more spreading of points initially.

My preference would be, 18-20 year old builds with training allowed.

yeah i'm not a fan of no-training. i think that would lead to a tourney full of bispings and be a lot less interesting than a tourney like this, where people can create more specialized fighters and work on their weaknesses as the tourney progresses. plus, it's just one more variable (learning speed) to take into account, which (in theory) should keep things more competitive than if it's removed. if you create a fighter and he ends up having crap KO power or intelligence or something, BUT he's a great learner, then he'll still have a chance to improve enough to be able to compete against other fighters with better hiddens but slower learning.

*edit* i should clarify that i'm speaking in relation to tourneys. no-training might be great for other circumstances where you can just sack the fighter after one or two fights after finding out that he has garbage for hiddens. i just wouldn't want to be locked in for 4+ fights when i know that my fighter has no way to improve at all.

*edit2* and, to keep it completely fair (since that's the intent of the "no-training" thing), you would need to dictate if either everybody or nobody must do a "test" fight (QFC or whatever) prior to the tourney, because if you don't that would give some fighters the advantage of having that boost to their experience hidden before the tourney starts.

*edit2* and, to keep it completely fair (since that's the intent of the "no-training" thing), you would need to dictate if either everybody or nobody must do a "test" fight (QFC or whatever) prior to the tourney, because if you don't that would give some fighters the advantage of having that boost to their experience hidden before the tourney starts.

agreed on that front. probably 2 test fights to get as much testing as could be possible done.

25y, don't really care about training but if I make an 18 year old I'm damn well slapping them in the gym for a year with maybe a few fights to test hiddens.

Personal opinion: if you want to make a project, make a fucking project, if you want to do a tournament then do a tournament instead of 'whoever has the private gym in the same city and rolls the best learning speed wins'.

i think that would lead to a tourney full of bispings

I can speak with a little experience on this part. While initial fighters were a bunch of Bispings, they basically got slapped around by the more specialized fighters. Now, all the best QFCT fighters tend to be specialized.

Xyel, I am insulted I would be accused of bribing Shiv. He confronted me with the idea and I said sure. Nothing more. I gave him nothing and it wasn't even my idea. My org doesn't have room for new fighters anyways, so I'd end up sending them to our Hilo or London branches if they are not full by then. I have nothing Shiv wants, tbh. Kind of makes bribing a little difficult.

I like the idea of a quicker first round to help avoid dropouts.

I'm not a fan of 18 yr old builds. They'll lose nearly two years of training, so I don't really see anyone hanging onto them. Same goes with the other ages, why have fewer points to play with? I just don't see the logic behind it.

Also I like training. Gives you something to do with your guy during the week, and encourages you to finish fights.