Blitzkrieg Rio Is Moving To . . .

Johnny Wonnut is standing, once again, at the lectern from Blitzkrieg Headquarters in New York. Seated directly to his right is the legendary Bubba KillsInWater, to his left is the Blitzkrieg Rio welterweight champion, Sam Hall, the remaining organization champions flank Bubba and Sam to the left and right. Wonnut, who looked uncommonly haggard at his press conference last week, now looks polished and confident.

"Since I last left you there has been a great deal of speculation regarding the future of Blitzkrieg Rio. I have seen the MMA Tycoon blogs reporting that we are closing. I have heard that we are moving to London or New York or Las Vegas and even the Moon."

Bubba chuckles and mutters under his breath, "Bubba am knock ‘em to low orbit!"

"One of those is right. We are moving. We are not closing. We plan on making our new home right here in New York. This is obviously a dangerous move. No one has ever attempted such an intercontinental move like this. However, the Blitzkrieg Rio managers are the best in the world. I sat down with most of them prior to making these announcements and all of our key players will be joining us. Bubba has already made the move from his home in Rio to New York. He started his career in Rio and trained there his entire life."

Bubba smiles again, “"Bubba am movin’ on up to deluxe apartment in sky."

"We have done everything we can to make this move as easy as possible on all of our fighters. Starting on Friday, we will be opening some gyms exclusive for Blitzkrieg fighters in New York. As they fill, new ones will be opened. At this point in time, I’d like to open the floor for questions."

The throngs of reporters in attendance scramble for Wonnut’s attention. He looks over the crowd and points at me. “"Johnny, Blitzkrieg Rio? I presume you are going to have to change your name. Are you going back to use the iconic Blitzkrieg?"

"No. No, we are not going to simply be known as Blitzkrieg. We don't yet have a name for the organization, but are contemplating several ideas."

I quickly follow-up. “"Are we going to see the Blitz Apple?"

Wonnut responds, "I think you have been talking to Josh ‘Skinny Vince’ Wright too much."

Before I can ask another question, another reporter jumps in, “Johnny why the move out of Rio?”

Wonnut turns to the Blitzkrieg Rio Heavyweight Champion, Simon Williams. Williams can’t help to contain his laughter. “Simon, do you want to handle this one?”

Simon pulls the microphone close, “Rio is nothing more than a cesspool of filth and slime.”

“Simon is absolutely right. Rio is filled with filth and slime. To be honest, it’s a dying city. There just isn’t enough sustainable top talent in the city itself and is just too far for many of the world’s top fighters to want to fly. Rio put us in the untenable position of attempting to grow our roster from the international ranks when no one actually wanted to fly into the city. We knew it was time to move.”

Another reporter asks, “Why New York?”

“New York just seemed like the obvious location. New York has tons of incredible organizations, but for far too long it’s lacked an elite organization which can bring some real attraction to the city. It’s a central location. We expect to recruit heavily from London, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and, of course, Montreal. Still, we will maintain a heavy presence in the other cities as well, but with first class flights, those first five cities should only require a simple rest session to recover from the flight.”

“Ok. Ok. No more questions for now. I just want to wish all of our fighters the best of luck in our new home of New York and remind them that if they ever need anything all the need to do is ask.”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it will be their choice to move, jakie.

If thats that case then we would like to offer any fighter that do not want to leave Rio a home in our org SPFT: Ultimate Vale Tudo .

Fat Boy (175) and I will match whatever your current contract may be.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No sir that is not what I said. If the fighters have a choose and decide not to go to NY then they would not be under contract with Blitz. So once again, if you have a fighter and do not want to move to NY, meaning your no longer going to fight for the new Blitz NY org and want to stay in Rio we will match your current contract. Is this clear enough for you?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If they don't plan on moving to New York, what's wrong with that?

Perhaps I have an arrangement with them whereby I pay for their travel from Rio to NY and back first class and they were satisfied with that until their contracts expired. Then, they start receiving offers from other organizations. Its no different than contacting any other fighter under contract. When fighters are released from an active organization, feel free to make offers. Unless an organization is known to be closing or a fighter is not under contract, you should never contact the fighter.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Perhaps I have an arrangement with them whereby I pay for their travel from Rio to NY and back first class and they were satisfied with that until their contracts expired. Then, they start receiving offers from other organizations. Its no different than contacting any other fighter under contract. When fighters are released from an active organization, feel free to make offers. Unless an organization is known to be closing or a fighter is not under contract, you should never contact the fighter.

If a fighter wants to stay in Rio and you move to New York, are you going to cut them and let them part ways?

So you want to contact fighters who are under contract? Classy.

You move ur org dummie , i bet they prefer stay in Rio.

I guess u will try to hold them hostage like usual, like u did last year with two of my fighters in ur last merge.

Two days ago you thought about closing ur org, and now u move. bet it was ur original intention.

If a fighter wants to stay in Rio and you move to New York, are you going to cut them and let them part ways?

He will let them sit until they are bored and finally "agree" to move.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Yes, if the fighters tell me they want to be cut, of course they will be released. They've been advised as such. However, if they intended on staying, but receive an offer from another organization, while they are under contract, that interferes with my contract with the fighter. To date no one has told me they want to leave. They have either said they are moving or are going to honor their contract, with me paying their flight costs from Rio, until their contract expires.

Yes, if the fighters tell me they want to be cut, of course they will be released. They've been advised as such. However, if they intended on staying, but receive an offer from another organization, while they are under contract, that interferes with my contract with the fighter. To date no one has told me they want to leave. They have either said they are moving or are going to honor their contract, with me paying their flight costs from Rio, until their contract expires.

If it's true then close ur org, the fighters that want follow you will.

Last year you did the same shit and hold two of my fighter hostage ur not fooling anyone here.

If you move ur org , the fighter are no more under ur contracts periods.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Two days ago you thought about closing ur org, and now u move. bet it was ur original intention.

When did I say I was closing the org? I very carefully chose my words...Blitzkrieg ceases operations in Rio. Blitzkrieg has now ceased operations in Rio. Blitzkrieg Rio never ceased operations.

• Upvote 2

That's fine. I was just curious. And I was just curious about why he shouldn't offer up an org in Rio. I've never ran an org, so some of the org manager conduct code rules are still a bit unknown for me.

When did I say I was closing the org? I very carefully chose my words...Blitzkrieg ceases operations in Rio. Blitzkrieg has now ceased operations in Rio. Blitzkrieg Rio never ceased operations.

You have to close ur org, you can buy a new one or create a new one but you can't change base for ur org, so stfu and cut the fighters or close ur org, they will follow if they want.

I guess u will use ur "let them sit" tactics ur so good at.

just to clear some stuff up that jackie is harping about, here's an email i received (along with other blitz rio managers) on 3/29:

***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*** I need your input 2012-03-29 15:49:14

Dear Managers/Fighters:

I have long contemplated moving the organization from Rio to another city. There are two reasons. First, there is virtually never an influx of new talent that fits within our organizations coming from the city. Second, I get entirely too many contract rejections because people don't want to fly to Rio and lose that much energy. Thus, my contemplation.

However, as you know, my aim is to please. Therefore, I am requesting your feedback. If we move to another city, I will completely pay for all moving costs. This includes the actual moving cost from the plane, as well as your hiring fees for any new coaches. I'm sure we could take this opportunity to have everyone work together to start up private gyms with 12 fighters and 12 coaches on my dime. If you guys can sell your gyms, if we move, feel free to keep that money. I think for the longevity of the org, this is probably the best move, but I obviously can't just up and move without a strong consent from you guys. So, please, take a few minutes to respond and engage me in some dialogue so I can determine whether or not we are going to move forward with this idea or whether we stagnate in Rio.

Also, I'm sure its a lot to ask, but I'd request that everyone keep this private and in-house for now.

and then this email on 4/4:

***IMPORTANT BLITZ NEWS MUST READ*** 2012-04-04 23:52:56

This is an official unofficial announcement and notice that we are officially unofficially going to be moving to New York. This weekend's event will be our last in Rio. We are going to be having a massive event in Los Angeles on April 14 featuring Bubba KillsInWater v. Starship Pain. Then, we're off to conquer New York and the Garden! Starting around April 13, I'll be opening our first gym in New York. I don't know how many gyms I'll need to run for you guys, but I'm sure, by now, you know I'll do what it takes. We can open gyms as needed.

Again, I want to remind all the Rio based fighters that if you intend to move your base to Rio, I will pay for it. If you have a gym set up in Rio and need to move it to New York, I will pay for the signing bonuses for all your coaches. If you intend to fly from Rio to New York, I will increase your pay by $5000 to fight so you can pay for first class plane tickets. I'd really like to make this as painless on you guys as I can.

I need you guys to be in contact with me regarding your plans so I can help you with them.

Also, if you guys have absolutely no intention in coming to New York, please let me know. When I start sending fight offers, I don't want you to reject the fights and tell me, for the first time, that you aren't going to take the fight in New York. That's not fair to me and, more importantly, its not fair to your fellow managers in the game.

As always, if you guys have any questions or concerns, ideas to make the org better, anything, just let me know!

as you can see, nobody is getting screwed.

You have to close ur org, you can buy a new one or create a new one but you can't change base for ur org, so stfu and cut the fighters or close ur org, they will follow if they want.

I guess u will use ur "let them sit" tactics ur so good at.

You know how to build fighters. You know sliders. You do not know the org business at all. Blitzkrieg Rio has moved to New York and has been renamed with a temporary name for now. No need to close the org and restart it. http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=1442

Your obsessive man crush with me has reached frightening proportions.

• Upvote 3

You know how to build fighters. You know sliders. You do not know the org business at all. Blitzkrieg Rio has moved to New York and has been renamed with a temporary name for now. No need to close the org and restart it. Your obsessive man crush with me has reached frightening proportions.

I had an org when i started dummie.

Ur a piece of shit that feel above the rules that's all, ur doing ur BS like usual.

There a reason why mike didn't implemented a move org base function , it's because it is unfair and detrimental for the games.

If there is one i apologize but i can't remember one , anyway it's still a douchebag move from you.

When you "bought" AFC i wasn't alone to have some fighter stock in ur org, u hold two of my fighters that was in AFC , but guess what i remember clearly that there was several old AFC fighters stuck in AFC like mine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had an org when i started dummie.

Ur a piece of shit that feel above the rules that's all, ur doing ur BS like usual.

There a reason why mike didn't implemented a move org base function , it's because it is unfair and detrimental for the games.

If there is one i apologize but i can't remember one , anyway it's still a douchebag move from you.

When you "bought" AFC i wasn't alone to have some fighter stock in ur org, u hold two of my fighters that was in AFC , but guess what i remember clearly that there was several old AFC fighters stuck in AFC like mine.

Actually, you can very easily change the base of an org. It's right there on the org homepage, in a scroll down bar. As for it being a douchebag move, if he made sure all of his talent knew well in beforehand, and gave them an in or out option, I honestly don't see anything douche-baggy about it. No offense Jacky, I don't share the typical forum sentiment against you for the most part, but none of what you're saying here really holds much semblance of fact or truth. Save for the AFC bit, which frankly, I would know nothing about.

• Upvote 2

Whoever wants to stay in Rio is an utter moron.

There have been multiple attempts to revive the city from an entire group(JMFC) to Orgs offering stupid amounts of money/gym space(B:Rio) and that still couldnt revive it or bring in people.

No offense to UVT, KOR, REF, UNIT, whoever else; but your orgs have also seen better times.

It's really time to just wipe the slate clean.

I started in Rio and hardly ever ventured out until recently. I was a hardcore supporter of rebuilding Rio but even I understand when it's time to fold your cards.

• Upvote 1