The problem with the improvements

I am playing this game for almost 2 years now.

I love this game for many reasons like:

I love MMA

I love competition

I love the organization style

I love the way the GM handle things

but I only hate 1 thing!!

And that is the improvements that is happening right now.

All of those improvements only benefits the experience players!!

How about improvements for the noobs?

I check the number of active players and it is down to 6900+!!

I am petitioning to Mike Tycoon to have improvements for the noobs!!

Some of my suggestions are:

1. Mandatory Tutorials for beginners

2. Additional Fighter Slot

3. tutorial Checklist with 10K reward if finish

4. Free Free-Agent Signing*

They will get one 100% chance of getting a free agent!!

I hope many will support me with this :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nothing irritates me more when starting a new game than mandatory tutorials. Offering an incentive for completing a tutorial is fine, but don't force it on people.

• Upvote 4

I had the same discussion yesterday with Mihail Montana and Alexi Zaitev, especially 3) is a good proposal, we had the same idea there. Another one was a explained slider example, something like grappler vs striker maybe... just rough, but something they can work with. Maybe a standard build example, too.

• Upvote 2

changes are good for the game. Keep them coming Mike. If there is no improvements people complain. if there is improvements then people complain or find something to complain about. If you dont like improvements, then create your own game and you can dictate how you want it to be played. Other option, go to the moon and live there by yourselfand do you. I just think somepeople have nothing but time on their hands to complain and complain and complain. How about trying to adapt to the improvements and make them work for you.better yet how about just not play and stop wasting your time complaining. I just think people should be thankful mike actully caress about the game and he puts the time in it so be hankful for that and stop complaining. Most games that I have played and pay to play dont play them anymore beacuse the maker was all about the money and dictated worst on what you can do and cannot do. Nothing comes easy so if you want the easy life then too bad for you and this is not the place for you. Say what you want to say, do what you want to do, and most importantly, keep it moving.

If you cant swim dont go into the water and execpt someone to come help you. Stay the F**k out of things you cant handle. This is not aimed at any one person, just voicing how I feel and again thanks Mike and keep those improvements coming. Im out

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

it already does...click the little phone icon in the top right corner of the slider section.

sheesh...

I guess while mike is at it, why not just hand them the codes for the game so they can modify it to how they want it.I think thats a great idea. Nope just me talking out loud again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They will get one 100% chance of getting a free agent!!

Number 3 sems like a good idea, but i really hate number 4. Imagine if 2 weeks ago a noob started when War Machine (John Farson) was on the F/A list and because hes starting and gets any free agent he picks him up, quits the game and then a great fighter like him is left to sit and degrade for 3 months...I dont thnk so.

Noobs need to suck it up, when i started there was 0 help unless you went onto the forums, asked people and worked hard for your money. I was writing for 4-5 orgs a week and at the time making 3-5k per write-up. But it was time consuming and hard. Nowadays, people are offering 10K PER WRITE UP!!!...It only takes an hour to make 10K! Theres threads (Qrashs noob fund and a couple of ones in the noob section) that offer money to noobs starting out and when you create a fighter now you can have the option of choosing a pre made template for MT fighters, wrestlers etc. Theres noob user guides, mentor programs and contracts are insane! You can get 3k/3k/3k contracts for 0-0 fighters. When i started my first contract for my 0-0 fighter was 500/300/300. So noobs now can make 10x the amount we made back then.

Noobs. Suck it up.

• Upvote 4

changes are good for the game. Keep them coming Mike. If there is no improvements people complain. if there is improvements then people complain or find something to complain about. If you dont like improvements, then create your own game and you can dictate how you want it to be played. Other option, go to the moon and live there by yourselfand do you. I just think somepeople have nothing but time on their hands to complain and complain and complain. How about trying to adapt to the improvements and make them work for you.better yet how about just not play and stop wasting your time complaining. I just think people should be thankful mike actully caress about the game and he puts the time in it so be hankful for that and stop complaining. Most games that I have played and pay to play dont play them anymore beacuse the maker was all about the money and dictated worst on what you can do and cannot do. Nothing comes easy so if you want the easy life then too bad for you and this is not the place for you. Say what you want to say, do what you want to do, and most importantly, keep it moving.

If you cant swim dont go into the water and execpt someone to come help you. Stay the F**k out of things you cant handle. This is not aimed at any one person, just voicing how I feel and again thanks Mike and keep those improvements coming. Im out

Who is complaining with the improvements???

I just want to have improvements that will benefit the noobs, thats all!!

Or how about they get a free agent but with restricted hype+pop rating? So they won't hold some big fighter hostage if ever they quit.

thats better :)

I do like the idea of newer players getting a better chance at landing a good free agent. What do top-ranked managers need with free agents? They already have good fighters.

What other perks are there for being highly ranked though? Being able to pick up good free agents seems to me the only good thing about being highly ranked.

• Upvote 2

What other perks are there for being highly ranked though? Being able to pick up good free agents seems to me the only good thing about being highly ranked.

And on top of that you get trophies on your manager page as you reach certain milestones. Small consolation, but it's something you get. On top of that, they're fighters are better so they're getting the outrageous contracts for the most part. If we really want something for the top ranked managers, I think we need to look somewhere other than picking who they want out of the FA.

But I agree with Grey, the top managers already have some of the best fighters in the game so it'd be better seeing some newer managers be able to start out with some decent FA's to help the new userbase.

• Downvote 1

What mmatycoon needs is more and better exposure. The only reason I found this game was because I was looking for it and I didnt get it on the first try. I found 2 different sites that were not so good before got lucky and found this one. Also my first impression of this site was that I was not sure if I could trust it, it kinda looked abit fishy but I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did.

Also this problem has been discussed before but I think a major problem why new players dont stay is that it takes too long for them to have the first fight. I dont know how you should speed up the process but you need to hook the players the first time they enter the site. If you need 2 or more logins before you notice real changes then it's probably not very likely you'll come back.

You want more noobs (new players)you gotta figure out away to hook them from the very first time they log in and create a fighter. Maybe a instant test fight at the end of their tutorial just to get a hang of things.

Still think small stuff like FAs and tutorials is not not nearly enough to fix the problem. Its like a little piss of fix into the sea of issues, one of the main ones being some hiddens having way too much of a role, public gym training making fighters useless long term, new fighters taking forever to build and still being unable to catch to the old. Tickers just arent convincing enough when there are freshly leveled triple elite black belts going around.

The tutorial with a 10K bonus is an excellent idea. I wouldn't make it mandatory though, just highly encouraged.

I don't care for the FA system as it is, so why not let a n00b get a one-time free pickup of a guy with limited hype/pop?

Additional fighter slot? Don't really see the point in that. Ten seems to be fine. If you want more, pay for more.

This game is a lot like the other MMO I play, EVE. You're kind of lost at first, and unless you get in with a good alliance/corp straight away, you're not sure what to do after the tutorial missions. Once you get into it, though, it's highly rewarding. EVE actually put in tutorial missions because a lot of new players were like, "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

This game had a bigger user base when it was even less noob friendly, just sayin.

Unrelated. This game appeals to a VERY small demographic. It's possible that numbers have peaked. The game isn't dying or anything, clearly. I would say more people have left the game because of "Change-gate 2011" than because it's more n00b friendly. I'm not using the "seasonal" excuse, as I don't expect it to climb that much in the summer.