The problem with the improvements

The problem I see is the game isn't too hard for noobs its too easy for vetrans and any time anything is changed to make it more challenging (tickers for example) one hell of a fuss is kicked up until its watered down to basically nothing.

That said, there comes a point where noobs have to just accept when they start out they are behind the 8-ball and it will take time to become succesful at the game. When I started it took me ages to get anywhere close to good fighters who could win on a regular basis but I didn't give up just because I was losing or the vast majority of players were better then me.

There is already more help guides then ever before for noobs now, they can get better contracts then ever before, cheaper clothing and supps then ever and more access to good quality gyms. All the help is there for them so if they still quit the game then all I can assume is the style of the game isn't for them and never will be or they are the types of people who want instant sucess and cry/run away if they don't get it which IMO the game doesn't need.

• Upvote 1

Every new player should be pointed towards the Tokyo QFC org.

It may literally be perfect for people starting out. You can fight as frequently as injuries/energy allows. It generates money. It costs nothing. There is no 'long term' stuff to worry about.

It is the purest representation of the heart of the game, which is 'you take your fighter, and try to beat some other guys fighter.' And if they have 2 guys in that, they'll be fighting frequently and hopefully get hooked.

Once they get hooked on that, the rest of the stuff becomes things you want to learn and get involved in, instead of things you have to learn to play the game.

The aspect of competing at the top level with a fighter you create is gone. The new fighters are inferior. I think I had 6 months of the 'old training' when I started before it switched to the new stuff. The difference is pretty striking. Until aging kicks in and starts retiring the current batch at the top years from now, no new fighter is going to be able to compete with them from what I've seen.

Creating a fighter, and even if you do everything right, having their future capped at mid carder in a major org is pretty rough. That I think is the biggest draw to the game, the idea of making your own fighter and trying to get him to the top, but these new fighters are coming in at a huge disadvantage.

I disagree with this, fighters aren't any harder to build now then they were before. Yes 1 on 1 training was taken down a little bit but you also gain points faster at the highest levels. Sparring was also improved so that you can receive max benefit sparring without 1 on 1 with an Elite. I have 4 fighters who were made after the training changes and they are my best builds yet. Their skills at this point in their careers(21-22 yo) is better than where my old guys were at and they are almost as good as my 25 year olds.

The fighters at the top have basically plateaued and the difference between elite and sensational or exceptional is very small. The bar is set for what you have to do to get there and anyone can still do it. It just takes a good gym setup and a little know how on building fighters.

I disagree with this, fighters aren't any harder to build now then they were before. Yes 1 on 1 training was taken down a little bit but you also gain points faster at the highest levels. Sparring was also improved so that you can receive max benefit sparring without 1 on 1 with an Elite. I have 4 fighters who were made after the training changes and they are my best builds yet. Their skills at this point in their careers(21-22 yo) is better than where my old guys were at and they are almost as good as my 25 year olds.

The fighters at the top have basically plateaued and the difference between elite and sensational or exceptional is very small. The bar is set for what you have to do to get there and anyone can still do it. It just takes a good gym setup and a little know how on building fighters.

So it seems. If the later development speeds up, then this was a premature conclusion.

Do we know that the difference between elite and sensational is 'very small'. From most complex sims I've seen, the values aren't simple linear equations.