I Need Your Help

Grey

I agree completely. I think ticker maintenance is useless. If you boost it up to where it needs to be, it makes the game too much of a hassle. You'd have to sign in constantly, check tickers, switch training and decide what's dropping and what's being trained and everything. The way it is now, it's just your annoying little brother who follows you around and won't leave you alone. You can still get to huge levels and maintain but you have to sign in and do things constantly. So the beasts it was meant to make decay and level the playing field remain beasts, they just now aren't all too happy with how much more time it takes up and are ready to leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree completely. I think ticker maintenance is useless. If you boost it up to where it needs to be, it makes the game too much of a hassle. You'd have to sign in constantly, check tickers, switch training and decide what's dropping and what's being trained and everything. The way it is now, it's just your annoying little brother who follows you around and won't leave you alone. You can still get to huge levels and maintain but you have to sign in and do things constantly. So the beasts it was meant to make decay and level the playing field remain beasts, they just now aren't all too happy with how much more time it takes up and are ready to leave.

Sounds to me like they are kind of doing what they were supposed to then. The whole point of tickers is to make it more difficult to maintain them at those kinds of levels. Maybe it isn't perfect, but Mike has asked people if they have a better idea then to share them with him, but no one came up with a better way. The fighters in this game need to develop reach a peak and level off then begin to decline. Eventually getting to the point where if they don't retire they will begin losing all the time.

• Upvote 4

maybe something like a freeze option instead of holiday mode -- where once checked your fighters will freeze no gains or drops (no training period can be done but also no drops) for those that wish to take a break or have personal stuff to take care of -- think that might be better than the holiday mode now or at least something to think about

edited: i know mike mentioned before he liked that you didnt have to log in several times a day and so fourth and wanted to keep it that way -- well im sure for some people you dont have too but for others "if you want to keep your fighters at peak skills" you do have too -- and like every game or anything in life things get old or problems come up and you either have to take a break or some time away -- do that here and now you might as well start over or it will at least fill like your starting over

• Upvote 1

maybe something like a freeze option instead of holiday mode -- where once checked your fighters will freeze no gains or drops (no training period can be done but also no drops) for those that wish to take a break or have personal stuff to take care of -- think that might be better than the holiday mode now or at least something to think about

That's a fantastic idea. I guess that it's unrealistic for fighters to never drop in skills when they hit 35 or 40 but I still like it.

That's a fantastic idea. I guess that it's unrealistic for fighters to never drop in skills when they hit 35 or 40 but I still like it.

well it would have to have a time limit but would like to see longer than 2 wks -- maybe 2 months or something every yr -- the big difference would be no training unlike with the holiday mode now -- i myself have felt the need to step away for little bit and i know many others feel like it here and there but also dont want to come back to find their guys declined to crap either

• Upvote 2

edited: i know mike mentioned before he liked that you didnt have to log in several times a day and so fourth and wanted to keep it that way -- well im sure for some people you dont have too but for others "if you want to keep your fighters at peak skills" you do have too -- and like every game or anything in life things get old or problems come up and you either have to take a break or some time away -- do that here and now you might as well start over or it will at least fill like your starting over

I would like to add that I think this could have some merit as long as you couldn't take fights while this "time out mode" was activated. So no getting your fighter to his peak then putting him on time out and taking as many fights as you could during the allowed time and not having to worry about decline. That would rather defeat the purpose I think.

I would like to add that I think this could have some merit as long as you couldn't take fights while this "time out mode" was activated. So no getting your fighter to his peak then putting him on time out and taking as many fights as you could during the allowed time and not having to worry about decline. That would rather defeat the purpose I think.

It makes sense though I'd suggest that no champs can go on this "freeze mode". It wouldn't be very advantageous for an org to have a frozen title and potentially have to strip the title still. I guess in your case you'd have to lose your belts first anyway.

Heh, totally understand how you feel - I was having my fighters finally getting into the top of p4p and myself safe and sound in top10. Then fighting engine changes came, they made hiddens much more important and overnight rendered almost all of my fighters useless with nothing I could ever do about it (aside from restarting by getting rid of all fighters).

What helped me was the holiday mode, but really I got it easier as I am not as bothered by tickers since I have rather one dimensional fighters so the useless daily chore is shorter and can take multiple days off without my guys falling apart.

I was hesitant to talk about tickers since I completely understand why they're necessary. However, they do play a big role in my viewing this game as mostly a chore these days. I still enjoy the fighting (although not as much as I used to) but most of the week is spent setting training. I could just set my training for the whole week on Sunday but my fighters get into red tickers territory pretty quickly if I don't take a good amount of care with my training. This means setting up training every day. Plus, I don't really see too many pops these days so training's just a daily chore for me.

Here's some advice Grey, because I don't want to see you go. Set your training for the week, but make it diverse, then walk away and don't worry about them again that week. If you want to avoid de-pops as much as possible, start by sparring in each primary at least once per week, Wrestling and MT twice because of the lack of resets to their secondaries. If your fighter doesn't have a high level in one Primary skill, you may skip that Spar session too. Boxing sparring knocks down Punches and Strike Def tickers almost completely, so once per week and you should be all good with them. Train CT's once or twice per week depending on the level, and round out the schedule with diverse secondary training. Maybe an Elbow, Knee or Kick session one day, maybe a Takedown or GnP session the next, Def Grap or TD Def the next, and round out the week with a Clinch session or Subs for your BJJ fighters. Then the following week, you simply change the 4-5 secondary training sessions to a different skill, as needed.

It doesn't have to be as hands on and time consuming as people make it out to be. You can avoid most de-pops by training everything a bit. You won't gain much in anything specific, but you don't keeping the maintain perspective regardless of how hands on you are.

And in the event that you check your training one day and see that you've had a dreaded de-pop, know that you can regain the skill much easier after a de-pop than you did originally. Simply add that skill to the training session for next week and you'll be fine.

Recently I was in the same boat as you. I was so close to quitting and never looking back. Instead I decided to make a fresh start. My org was already in a great position, so I gave it to someone I knew would treat it even better than me. Then, I changed my goals for the game to some that I thought would be more fun. No longer did I care about becoming the #1 org in the game. I didn't care about my top fighters who all happened to lose big fights right around the same time. I created QFCT and decided my new goal would be to help others fight non-stop in an environment where they no longer had to worry about the annoyance of tickers or training. For me it made all the difference in the world and renewed my love for the game. All I did was reset my priorities from being the best to having fun. The league being added also helped with my spirit of competition.

I am not saying you should make a new org or business. But, a simple change of priorities could do quite a bit to renew your love for the game. Not everyone can be #1. The fact that Golden Glory was for so long already shows how tough a manager you are. You have nothing else to prove. Just have fun.

This is a great post and in my opinion can be used in other things in life besides just tycoon.

hey grey, how bout a rematch between sunny disposition and j blunts? j has the ascension rising belt, and sunny has the ascension belt, so it would be a pretty great matchup. and this time i'll knock his ass out before the end of the fight! :P

Blunts scores with a nice right hand.

Sunny Disposition is fighting for a decision here - he's started to take the cautious approach.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown.gif

Blunts lands a big shot that drops Disposition! Can he finish him?

And that's the end of the fight!

(pending the approval of org management, of course)

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

hey grey, how bout a rematch between sunny disposition and j blunts? j has the ascension rising belt, and sunny has the ascension belt, so it would be a pretty great matchup. and this time i'll knock his ass out before the end of the fight! :P

(pending the approval of org management, of course)

I like the sound of that