Buy/Sell Company Shares

Nemesis84

I am sure they has been talked about somewhere but I thought i'd give it a thread and a little outline of what I think it could work like.

At the moment we can do Manager to Manager loans so I thought the next step could be to let people buy into companies that want to raise a little cash without a loan. The idea being you can nominate a certain percentage of your company to sell in say 5% blocks with a maximum of say 50% being avaliable overall. Other managers can buy upto a max of around 25% of any one company and only invest in a max of say 2 companies overall.

For your investment you get the same percentage of income from that company each week as you own of that business. For example, if I own 10% of an Org I get a 10% cut of the profits when that org runs an event assuming it makes a profit, same for gym fees if you buy a piece of one of them. Clothing and Nutrition you get a cut of each sale so for every 1 Recovery product I sell for $75 if someone owns 10% of my company they get $7.50 from the sale and I get the remaining $67.50

The price of a 5% share could be set by the seller with a limit on the top end and there could be an option of floating them publicly or selling privatly.

To prevent owners just getting a load of money selling shares then closing their company and keeping the cash, if the owner closes the company within say 1 or 2 months then you get your money back either from the company account before it closes or their managers account like with company debt right now.

Not sure if this would be feesable or desirable but I think it may spread money around a bit and get more of a community vibe going with share holders helping out company owners with advice as they have a vested interest in companies making as much money as possible

• Upvote 3

I am sure they has been talked about somewhere but I thought i'd give it a thread and a little outline of what I think it could work like.

At the moment we can do Manager to Manager loans so I thought the next step could be to let people buy into companies that want to raise a little cash without a loan. The idea being you can nominate a certain percentage of your company to sell in say 5% blocks with a maximum of say 50% being avaliable overall. Other managers can buy upto a max of around 25% of any one company and only invest in a max of say 2 companies overall.

For your investment you get the same percentage of income from that company each week as you own of that business. For example, if I own 10% of an Org I get a 10% cut of the profits when that org runs an event assuming it makes a profit, same for gym fees if you buy a piece of one of them. Clothing and Nutrition you get a cut of each sale so for every 1 Recovery product I sell for $75 if someone owns 10% of my company they get $7.50 from the sale and I get the remaining $67.50

The price of a 5% share could be set by the seller with a limit on the top end and there could be an option of floating them publicly or selling privatly.

To prevent owners just getting a load of money selling shares then closing their company and keeping the cash, if the owner closes the company within say 1 or 2 months then you get your money back either from the company account before it closes or their managers account like with company debt right now.

Not sure if this would be feesable or desirable but I think it may spread money around a bit and get more of a community vibe going with share holders helping out company owners with advice as they have a vested interest in companies making as much money as possible

+1

I put some serious thought into selling shares in Ascension at one point, but trying to organize it without it being an ingame feature ( I wanted the shares to be easily bought and sold on the open market) was a little daunting of a task.

quite like the idea, but could the owner of the company(for this lets just say an org) could keep 51% of the company shares and sell the rest.

The idea I had was you can sell upto 50% of your company, which stops people getting ripped off by taking the risk of starting the business and then ending up only owning like 10% due to an error in selling parts of it off to others.

So yeah you keep the majority of the company but get to raise cash to possibly pay off your loan or expand etc just like in real life.

The idea I had was you can sell upto 50% of your company, which stops people getting ripped off by taking the risk of starting the business and then ending up only owning like 10% due to an error in selling parts of it off to others.

So yeah you keep the majority of the company but get to raise cash to possibly pay off your loan or expand etc just like in real life.

i think he was just pointing out that it would make more sense to only be able to sell 49% of your company, so that you still have the controlling share of 51%. if you only have 50% you don't have total control; you need 51%.

*edit* and i like this idea.

i think he was just pointing out that it would make more sense to only be able to sell 49% of your company, so that you still have the controlling share of 51%. if you only have 50% you don't have total control; you need 51%.

*edit* and i like this idea.

Ah yeah, see what you mean had a bit of a brain freeze up there :suicide_anim: