New Generation Fighters *Smack Talk*

DonSash666

Hello JLP, GSP, shortfuse, and other concerned managers who have found NGF to be a stellar home for their fighters,

First of all, primarily due to conversations (via messages not in chat) with shortfuse and Mannetosen, I have learned of and understand the real hesitance (okay, as you will see, I use weaker words than some do in their communication styles) to be involved with certain GEG groups. Once again, I do understand these concerns and know that while many will try to avoid expressing animosity towards me specifically, there may be certain challenges in interaction due to my mere association with LOD and GEG orgs.

Second, NGF will continue. I am working on a statement*** I will likely send out shortly to managers. However, I wanted to see if there was any activity here not specifically fight related before I do so. Hence, I write now.

Third, I suppose I should indeed say hello.

The concerns about some top talent leaving turn out to be legitimate. However, to say NGF will be merely run as a Contenders org is probably misleading as well. In part because we recognized we landed on a top 15 org and in part because I was informed of the demise that has come to previously well-run orgs after a merger that has involved GEG groups, we will take a different approach.

This approach will probably be best to avoid the heavy decline I have been told has happened in previous mergers/takeovers. However, it is not without its own challenges and potential disruptions as well. We may actually slim the roster down to less than 100 fighters. We will likely transition to running one event a week that will hopefully be at a PPV level.

With that being said, I do want to be forthright that about 2 dozen fighters have been identified to potentially go to one of four GEG groups. Also, a slimming down of roster may mean parting with lower p4p fighters that have enjoyed being part of the NGF/Immortals family (and even GAMMA:Contenders).

So, yes, top talent will initially be sent to GEG orgs as they helped pay for this purchase. So, shortfuse is technically right that NGF will not be the same org if some talent is leaving. Taking this approach may in the end mean we are indeed relegated to being a Contenders like org. However, the goal is to take the remaining talent and grow with it so as to continue to put out a top product.

I realize a studied person who reads this may feel I express a bit of naivete. And you may not be entirely wrong in your assessment. (For example, I was fortunately told about the difficulty of running PPV if the GEG orgs run away with my top talent).

However, while there are unique challenges that are present (including teh financial ones), I do believe we can work towards allowing NGF to remain a stellar org.

And, since shortfuse took the time to identify that I seem like a pretty stand-up guy, I will acknowledge here that he was willing to respond when I asked him to enlighten me on the politics and other dynamics involved that had led to him (and possibly others) being ready to abandon ship.

Alright, I have to spend time working on the first official announcement from that new management team. :-)

Blessings to you all in real life and in the mmatycoonverse

Rogelio Cottonfloss

*** The statement above I am referring to will be constructed after input from Mentor Guruland on suggestions of what to say whereas what I have written here is my simple response to the above three posts and what I have discerned from certain interactions the past few days.

• Upvote 1

I agree, you are a standup guy. It's just a shame that you're being bossed around by some vultures preying on your talent.

It's not really his talent. GEG put up the money for Rogelio to buy the org, he is acting as an agent of GEG. If part of their deal was to try and move some top talent over then its up to the GEG orgs and the managers of the fighters to be transferred to come to an arrangement. NGF floundered under the last two owners financially because they either didnt care about the finances or feared trying to become a true top level org. The fighter talent was definitely high enough.

Of the GEG orgs, there are a few that I found to be really shady (hype farming for friends/allies). There is one that is not shady, but you sit for two weeks after a fight then get an offer for a fight less than a week out. TTFC is a great org and I steered my best NGF fighter there.

Stop being humble. It disgusts me.

Honestly I just wanted to shit on his hair. It's really bad.

Renato will be telling his grandchildren of the time he was honored by Khalid's fists.

Khalid with hes body shots... <_<

Are you gonna cry about this? Really?

You threw 61 body strikes from the outside to my 60. Obviously I threw more in the clinch, but that's because my sliders didn't suck.

Against LeBlanc you threw 47 body strikes to his 22. Against Nelson, 35 to his 19.

Complaining about the game engine and how energy draining works is perfectly valid, but you can take your excuses and your hypocritical high horse bullshit and choke on it. :)

So, planning to go on duck-mode? :)

If you act like a good boy I might let you bring your little shit to another playdate with Khalid.

• Upvote 2

Are you gonna cry about this? Really?

You threw 61 body strikes from the outside to my 60. Obviously I threw more in the clinch, but that's because my sliders didn't suck.

Against LeBlanc you threw 47 body strikes to his 22. Against Nelson, 35 to his 19.

Complaining about the game engine and how energy draining works is perfectly valid, but you can take your excuses and your hypocritical high horse bullshit and choke on it. :)

Relax :hello:

Before fight i knew Hayes has been going a lot more body shots than anybody. And i was thinking to put more body shots for Renato but i didnt... and that maybe cost victory..

If you watch that statistic you notice that Renato was going more to head, so Hayes has higher % to body..

Im not crying im just saying that im stupid, because i didnt set more to body even i knew Khalid is going to body..

I dont understand your logic, if im saying that you was better manager this time. Im crying?

Relax :hello:

Before fight i knew Hayes has been going a lot more body shots than anybody. And i was thinking to put more body shots for Renato but i didnt... and that maybe cost victory..

If you watch that statistic you notice that Renato was going more to head, so Hayes has higher % to body..

Im not crying im just saying that im stupid, because i didnt set more to body even i knew Khalid is going to body..

I dont understand your logic, if im saying that you was better manager this time. Im crying?

The only reason Hayes favors body shots more than most people is because I built him really short. If you had thrown more to the body you would have missed even more, making it way easier for me to grind you into a fine paste.

Yes, you're crying seeing as you dropped in on me talking about Hayes' hair to drop some passive aggressive whine about my tactics somehow being broken. If that wasn't what you were trying to say it certainly came across that way. Yeah, a higher percentage of my strikes were to the body, which makes perfect sense seeing as I 1) went higher on body shots and favored kicks slightly to make up for the 4 cm of height and 2) set them like that partially because fighting fire with fire is the best tactic half the time.

If I act like a god boy? Which means Bobby Lee can still continue going full retard?

Yes sir.

The only reason Hayes favors body shots more than most people is because I built him really short. If you had thrown more to the body you would have missed even more, making it way easier for me to grind you into a fine paste.

Yes, you're crying seeing as you dropped in on me talking about Hayes' hair to drop some passive aggressive whine about my tactics somehow being broken. If that wasn't what you were trying to say it certainly came across that way. Yeah, a higher percentage of my strikes were to the body, which makes perfect sense seeing as I 1) went higher on body shots and favored kicks slightly to make up for the 4 cm of height and 2) set them like that partially because fighting fire with fire is the best tactic half the time.

It was fair fight and this happens.. "Khalid with hes body shots" wasnt meant to be anything bad.

How about Bobby Lee vs Renato to see who gets to get the rematch with Hayes. Then Bennet can trash that winner and suck up all the hype.

I dont know what Dinoo has in his mind for Renato, But me and Renato accept almost any fight unless low ranked. :shades:

• 4 weeks later...

NGF 144 Kalashnikov vs Brown – Vacant Heavyweight Title

Wombley Arena

London

Jun 11 2014

265lb Title Fight

Kalashnikov vs A. Brown

The first venture into London features the crowning of a "new" Heavyweight champion. Kalashnikov is a familiar face tying Sam Winchester for second in NGF Heavyweight title defenses to Wei Pei. Kalashnikov, despite coming off a title fight loss, has the chance to move into sole possession of second in NGF heavyweight title fight wins. To do so, however, he will have to defeat another former NGF belt holder, Anthony Brown. Brown has had a recent change of style opting to return to going for finishes as opposed to gutting out decision victories.

With Kalashnikov coming off a TKO loss, will Brown let it all fly or will he think twice in light of 21 of Kalashnikov's 22 victories coming by way of knockout?

265lb The One Armed Man vs I. Brown

Irving Brown 19-7 16 KOs (3-2 NGF) of the Antidote camp in New York not only surprised some by choosing to stay and fight out the rest of his contract, but he agreed to take a fight against Cornell Cage Fighting's Joe the One Armed Man to help make NGFs first venture into Wombley Arena a smash hit. Joe "Blow" seems to be a streaky fighter but coming into the fight on a four fight win streak is hungry for a win.

Will Irving Brown do NGF proud by beating his Australian foe?

185lb Murcielago vs Escobar

Escobar coming in with seven NGF wins in ten tries will have a lot of confidence going into this fight. Both Murcielago and Escobar have championship bout losses to former NGF Middleweight champion Musashi Kato. Murcielago has not quite yet regained the form he had going into his battle with Kato, but knows that a win against Escobar could be what the doctor ordered to help turn his NGF career around.

Will Escobar be able to give Murcielago his second KO loss or has Murcielago learned enough to pull off the decision win?

185lb D. Brown vs Oh

Dongmin Oh comes into the fight on a cold streak of sorts dropping five of his last six fights. Danny Brown is the fighter who has most recently had the honor of facing Tyler Richards. Oh, however, is an NGF mainstay that himself once held the belt.

Will Brown's hunger to stay in contention to hopefully get a shot against Richards again help him key in on this fight or will Brown leave an opening for Oh to pull out his second W in 2014?

185lb Rakhmanov vs Jebut

Both Rakhmanov and Jebut come into the fight with 6 NGF wins and a win to avenge a loss that preceded such a win. There is interest regarding whether these two Russian based fighters will relish fighting in London or night. Jebut is quite effective at winning fights that go the distance securing victories in eight of the nine decisions he has been involved in.

Will Rakhmanov, whose last four losses have been by decision, come into the fight looking for a finish?

265lb Engineer vs Helmer

NGF 144 will be Engineer's 19th fight with NGF. To pick up his twelfth NGF victory, Engineer will have to overcome the vastly experienced and crazy Helmer. Although Engineer has only been subbed once, Helmer will likely look to do some work on the ground. Helmer has shown himself quite susceptible to knockouts and Engineer is most certain to have that knowledge in his mind as he enters this fight.

Will Helmer be able to take the fight to the ground and secure a win or will the ground he see be his face hitting the canvas?

185lb Roy vs Kessler

Lucas Roy is one of the few lads that came over from Las Vegas Contenders that didn't get cut shortly after. Roy's first opponent has been fighting in NGF since April 2013. Kessler has got to love his chances in this fight, but Roy is most certainly hoping to shock in front of the packed Wombley Arena.

Will Roy walk away satisfied with his NGF debut or will Kessler leave him on a three fight losing streak?

145lb Jackson vs Ponce De Leon

Ponce De Leon faces off against the younger, but more experienced, Jackson. To secure his seventh victory, Ponce De Leon has to beat a foe that went five rounds with Andrzej Gajewski and was a long-time belt-holder at INY. Another note of interest is the working relationship the managers of these two fighters have.

Will the vast fight experience of Jackson be a deterrent to Ponce De Leon's quick ascension to prominence or will Ponce De Leon pull off a big win on PPV?

185lb Rook vs Game

Rook answered a four fight losing streak with three wins including his first win by submission. Game usually looks to take a fight to decision and secure the win taking eight of the nine decisions he has been involved in. Rook himself is no stranger to decisions either with nine wins out of twelve decisions.

Will both of these fighters attempt to take the fight the distance trying to make the case for the decision win or will one fighter go for the finish?

145lb Tyson vs Meduza

Meldrick Tyson, possibly in his last fight at NGF, faces Fredrik Meduza. Meduza is 2-1 in NGF having secured two decision victories including one by majority decision. Tyson only secured one win since coming over to NGF and now finds himself under new management.

Will Meduza effectively end Tyson's NGF career or will new management inspire Tyson to get a W and have a serious decision to make about renegotiating with NGF?

• Upvote 1

Cottonfloss Reflects #1

Hello NGF fans and mma enthusiasts. Lots of exciting action has occurred here at NGF since that dude no one ever heard of…oh wait, that’s me…arrived as new owner of NGF on May 16. We know I have had to do some work so as to be sure to build a rapport with the wonderful managers that steer their fighters to NGF, but let’s reflect a little on what has been going on in the cage in St. Petersburg.

NGF 139 saw Khalid Hayes, who in March after beating Bobby Lee Daniels called out for Styles, overcome Renato and come out of this dominating decision victory wanting a shot at Scotty Bennet. Hayes next fight is not BLD, Styles, or Bennet. While BLD waits to exact revenge on Hayes in the expected rematch for the belt, Hayes will be featured in the top LHW fight not part of the Olympics going to Synchronicity to face Light Diode. Hayes, who recently proved that “even gods can bleed,” will be looking to prove that even Diode can lose.

Shavo Odin avenged a March 8th title loss to Kalashnikov securing the belt, only to ride off to new challenges due to the brief period of uncertainty regarding NGF’s future. Meanwhile, Retale’s 29:28 decision win completed his ascension to being offered a title fight against a big name foe he has previously defeated: Andrzej Gajewski.

Anthony Brown secured himself a shot to reclaim heavyweight belt he once possessed by opening up a cut on Tobias Larsson that forced the doctor to stop their fight NGF 140 fight. Torhammer continued his smooth transition to lightweight with a unanimous decision victory over Martin Louis. Jay Jay Mutumbo secured his third straight decision victory and defending the belt he just earned on April 26th.

Johnny Fantastic has fared extremely well since arriving at NGF and continued his dominance with a NGF 141 welterweight title fight win over Linkin Portier. Portier, however, still has not been knocked out in any fight under contract with an org. A Bobby Lee Daniels hungry for a title rematch with Hayes, was able to secure a fourth round TKO victory over Tiyaro Feitsora. Perhaps not so quietly considering who his manager is, Daken Akihiro continued to climb up the ranks with a TKO of Tyson Blaze.

As was the case with NGF 141, NGF 142 featured four submission victories. The main event and co-main event had KazanSamboCenter rocking as both featured KO wins. In the main event, although he was cut early in the first round, Bjorn Helgi secured the KO 11 seconds into the third round. Miguel Camacho ended his two fight losing streak with a TKO of Tommy Victorio that helped lead to Victorio and his manager parting ways.

In NGF 143, Eric Lynch decided not to go to decision earning his first KO victory, a TKO secured on the ground in the second round, since October 5, 2013. King Kenny got his fourth win in his past five fights by quickly capitalizing on worsening the cut in the second round that he initially opened on Alekseev in the first round. With just seconds left in the first round, Vieri took the belt away from Quintana with an impressive show of ground strikes. Vieri has already confirmed a title defense against Henrik Torhammer coming up at NGF 148 on July 4th.

The upcoming NGF 144 and NGF 145 will be ventures into the land of PPV. NGF 144 has its own complete preview with questions pertaining to each fight that make up this card in a perhaps ambitious attempt to see Wombley Arena in London rocking.

That’s it for me. If you don’t got the money to travel, enjoy NGF 144 on pay-per-view.

Rogelio Cottonfloss

• Upvote 1

Hello NGF fans.

It is time for a break to identify those on a WINNERS STREAK of 5 or more consecutive wins

We currently have two NGF fighters on a five fight win streak

REISKA PEKKA RETALE (151209) - If Retale can extend the streak to six, that may be the sweetest win of them all. Retale goes into this weekend's NGF 146 ready to take the belt from Andrzej Gajewski. Gajewski's last loss outside of Ascension was to none other than Retale. Retale often goes for decision wins, but it is anyone's guess what approach he will take with Gajewski. Retale only has one win by submission, but it was, interestingly enough, over Gajewski. Gajewski, however, has had five successful NGF title defenses at 145 (and several more at 135).

Retale's five wins, from oldest to most recent, have come against Marduk Thorn (TKO), Speedy Atkins (Decision), Mookie Magaba (TKO), Luis Carlos Linhares (Decision), and Timofey Boyko (Decision)

DAKEN AKIHIRO (174544) - The 27-year old Daken Akihiro is only eleven fights into his career. He has followed his only loss in his sixth fight with his current streak of five wins, with four coming here at NGF. Akihiro is scheduled to fight Bjorn Helgi next at NGF 149. Helgi is a recent arrival at NGF with a similar skillset to Akihiro, but Akihiro will likely be looking for a finish as he climbs the Lightweight ranks seeking new challenges.

Akihiro's five wins, from oldest to most recent, have come against Ali Basra (Decision), Heraldo Magnifico (TKO), Vinnie Vincent (Decision), Tyson Blaze (TKO), and Judge Machina (KO).

HONORABLE MENTIONS (Three fighters with 4 fight win streaks - All three waiting for their next fight offer)

170 JOHNNY FANTASTIC - On a streak of four NGF title fight wins, three ending with KO finishes.

185 BOWMAN ROOK - Has followed up four consecutive losses with his current streak of four consecutive wins

205 NATHAN DRAKE - All four of his wins have come over opponents no longer signed with NGF