• Yeboah
    • Beckham
    • Cantona
    • Di Canio
    • Henry
    • Bergkamp
    • Shearer
    • Rooney

My problem with that one is that I don't know exactly what he was trying to do. Maybe he was trying to do exactly what happened, maybe he was trying to flick it over is head, I dunno.

With Henry's goal, which I picked, when the ball was coming to him he knew exactly what he wanted to do (which was ridiculous to even try), but he did it exactly as he wanted with both the flick and the finish. That's why I think it's better than some of the more rinky dink ones that are just instinct... stuff like that yeah, it's really, really good but there's more of an element of luck in it.

Pffft... EPL

Mike you got it all wrong. Take your pick...these easily are better than the above scrub goals in your poll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBjZOH6I3tM

Glad someone here has some sense about them. All those other listed in the poll are trash compared to what you have just presented us with. Lest we forget how much more talent is possessed by those featured in your video.

I'm torn between Henry and Bergkamp.

@Mike Bergkamp used to do that all the time in training and he meant that goal. I also agree with why you choose Henry.

I loved watching him in the #14 shirt, shame we've lost him again.

I like the Le Tisser goals, the Rooney goal, and the Yeboah goal.

I think RVP's goal v Charlton should have been in there.

Mike I'm deeply offended you limited this pole to the EPL, when their are far more superior goals( and talent) in the Bundesliga, La Liga and of course MLS. Have you not seen how hard they go in MLS? Philadelphia Union would run circles around Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. I know England invented soccer, but don't hate because Americans perfected it.

My problem with that one is that I don't know exactly what he was trying to do. Maybe he was trying to do exactly what happened, maybe he was trying to flick it over is head, I dunno.

With Henry's goal, which I picked, when the ball was coming to him he knew exactly what he wanted to do (which was ridiculous to even try), but he did it exactly as he wanted with both the flick and the finish. That's why I think it's better than some of the more rinky dink ones that are just instinct... stuff like that yeah, it's really, really good but there's more of an element of luck in it.

Its was clearly on purpose, but if it was part of the poll for me its peter crouch v man city recently.

Its was clearly on purpose, but if it was part of the poll for me its peter crouch v man city recently.

I know he meant to do it, my point was that it's like "I'm going to flick it round this guy, run round him, then score." Whereas Henry is like "I'm going to flick the ball up to knee height just to me left, then I'm going to hold off the defender, swivel and bang it into the top right hand corner." It's just more premeditated in exactly what he's going to do and he did it pretty much to the centimetre.

They're all obviously great goals for different reasons, Cantona's just edged it for me, just always loved that one, think it's the celebration that tips it! Bergkamp's would be a very close second because I agree he knew exactly what he was doing and meant every bit of it, one of his goals not featured, think it was against Leicester when he got a hat trick should also have been in there, that was pretty special.

It is of course a travesty that Tugay wasn't featured.