Tonal vs. STP

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Not only two of the best, but two of the most versatile, so that makes it really exciting, that this fight could go in so many directions.

The most popular opinion being that Tonal will take Snake down and work some GnP, and Snake will work his submission game.

I personally think it's a mistake to go the ground with Pendelum. He showed the intelligence hidden in his first fight, and I'm of the opinion that intelligence is a huge factor in the ground game.

Neither guy really takes it to the clinch often, but I think if Tonal has a strong clinch game, that's a good safety area to be, plus it's a much better position to get after Snake's body. You would think given his extraordinary length, that's a good spot to get after the body and possibly gas him.

Pendelum does have some knees and elbows, so he's a little more versatile in there, but it's really difficult to land body shots on Snake in the standup--over the length of his career opponents are landing 23% of their body punches, and an even lower 20% of their body kicks on Snake--that's why I think the clinch is a really good opportunity to exploit the body.

grappling is a bad idea with snake because on top of intelligence, snake is ridiculously long which helps him lock in submissions, also i think that it may help in defensive grappling as well.

clinch will probably be the deciding point of the fight, while tonal has underrated stand up as he has mainly been using GnP in his fights of late, at least when it comes to finishing opponents. If Tonal gets inside it will spell trouble for STP as its far easier to combat height in the clinch than anywhere else. However i think STP may go for guard pulls in the clinch to try and lock a submission in on Tonal. while that is an unlikely result its entirely possible imo.

Tonal via TKO unless he shoots a takedown. STP has too high intelligence to sit in his guard for too long.

fighter intelligence is important. but you've got to think in terms of manager intelligence. if you're taking two top 50 managers and facing off then fighter abilities play a big factor. but i dont think that tonals manager is ranked very high compared to STP's. last time i checked, deamus was barely inside the top 100

• Downvote 3

fighter intelligence is important. but you've got to think in terms of manager intelligence. if you're taking two top 50 managers and facing off then fighter abilities play a big factor. but i dont think that tonals manager is ranked very high compared to STP's. last time i checked, deamus was barely inside the top 100

Deamus is always in the top 10 or 50. He may not be now, but thats what happens when you fight great competition all the time. Name me one great manager who hasn't fallen out of top 100? Just look at the org's Deamus has guys fighting in...NFC, CFC, Ascension, GAMMA, Syn Euro, Syn. Props to him for always fighting top level competition and not taking the easy way to the top, but I'm sure I'm just pissing the wind here trying to get you to acknowledge that Deamus isn't just a "middle of the road" manager like you said a couple months ago. :)

• Upvote 4

Deamus is always in the top 10 or 50. He may not be now, but thats what happens when you fight great competition all the time. Name me one great manager who hasn't fallen out of top 100? Just look at the org's Deamus has guys fighting in...NFC, CFC, Ascension, GAMMA, Syn Euro, Syn. Props to him for always fighting top level competition and not taking the easy way to the top, but I'm sure I'm just pissing the wind here trying to get you to acknowledge that Deamus isn't just a "middle of the road" manager like you said a couple months ago. :)

im not saying he's middle of the road. he's one of the best....one of the best at avoiding tough matches, for sure lol

Deamus pre-tough fights:

top 50

Deamus post-tough fights:

top 300

• Downvote 1

im not saying he's middle of the road. he's one of the best....one of the best at avoiding tough matches, for sure lol

Your insane :)

i gotcha man. difference of opinion is all

No doubt.

PSU > Chokies. Fact. :)

Better start practicing for NCAA 13 .

Anyways...you staying around this time? Why you no VIP?

this is the same guy who wagered whether or not he was going to get married on a NASCAR race

yep. i lost that one. that was dumb tho. so this time im going with a sure thing. STP over tonald

No doubt.

PSU > Chokies. Fact. :)

lol you lost all credibility when you said that Deamus fights tough competition

Better start practicing for NCAA 13 .

a glutton for punishment are ya :P

Anyways...you staying around this time? Why you no VIP?

just re-upped for 2 years. cant go away completely. tycoons one of those things that apparently can go in to remission, but never away. been iracing in the mean time tho. made #1 manager in mmatycoon when my buddies said i couldnt. 2 years from now i'll be a professional sim racer. mark it down

speaking of Bubba-Puno, what an anticlimax to a wonderfully hyped fight. Hope this one doesn't end terribly like that one did.

This is the most intriguing match up I've seen yet in this game. Not just style wise, but with each managers personas in the game. In the roleplaying sense this is like the battle of good vs evil :) . Jacky plays a great heel and is disliked by many, Deamus is humble and well liked by most (I'm assuming) . Two elite managers, two of their top beasts. Undefeated Vs All-Time Great. I'm going to order a cheese steak stromboli tonight and will gladly get my greasy fingers on my mouse to scroll down and read the pbp.

• Upvote 1

speaking of Bubba-Puno, what an anticlimax to a wonderfully hyped fight. Hope this one doesn't end terribly like that one did.

This is the most intriguing match up I've seen yet in this game. Not just style wise, but with each managers personas in the game. In the roleplaying sense this is like the battle of good vs evil :) . Jacky plays a great heel and is disliked by many, Deamus is humble and well liked by most (I'm assuming) . Two elite managers, two of their top beasts. Undefeated Vs All-Time Great. I'm going to order a cheese steak stromboli tonight and will gladly get my greasy fingers on my mouse to scroll down and read the pbp.

Mmmmm.... Stromboli... Yeah... I wished the Puno - Killsinwater fight had been better.