Build Up Guys or Free Agent

gregstuna

Is it better to grab a free agent or to build up your own fighter?

Depends on what your definition of "better" is. There can be pros and cons for each.

Some pros and cons for picking up a free agent:

• If you're inexperienced with building fighters, you can get insight into what works and doesn't.
  • Curious about how good your slider-fu is? Pick up a solid, older F.A. and immediately fight in the big(ger) leagues against more experienced managers.
  • Sometimes they have a shitload of cash. Mug them in a dark alley, after training, and fund your other fighter's training/vices.
  • Lack experience with sliders? Sometimes very good managers forget to scramble their slider settings (before releasing their F.A.s) and you might learn a thing or two. Be aware that a lot of managers (like me) will intentionally leave crappy slider settings just to throw off whoever picks up their F.A.
  • You are at the mercy of the previous manager's training acumen, attribute settings, hidden picks, etc.

Some pros and cons for building your own fighter:

• Total control. Well, almost anywaysshades.gif
  • While there is a nice sense of accomplishment you can get from turning someone else's trash to a champion, nothing beats building your guy up from scratch and watching him dole out damage to the Tycoon world. A lot of us guys "get attached" to our creations. Silly as that may sound, it's true.
  • You can choose when he gets signed to an org and where.

Personally, I would advise new managers to build at least half of their roster from scratch and the rest from free agency. But I am by no means an expert, so take my two cents with a bit of skepticism.

• Upvote 1

Ya I would reccomend starting with half and half. Make a couple project fighters to build on and pick up some free agents to fight now with and earn some cash. Also make a couple 25 year olds and throw them in a ID restricted org to get some experience there. That is what I would reccomend.

• 2 weeks later...

Some free agents are good fighters released just because they were not fast enough in learning (previous manager was probably willing to build a project fighter), so if you don't wish to make them become monsters with elite skills you may just pick one of them, keep him fighting opponents of the same level and have nice victories.

This guy (http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=146277) for example was released early from his previous manager but he fights well!

I've never taken a free agent, but occasionally there are great fighters out there and a good manager can turn their fortunes around. This guy is in the same division as one of my fighters, he was released after the 4 fight losing streak you can see on his record. I know because I wanted to get him lol. Anyway, new manager picked him up, he started to tear through the division before losing to the champ.

Hugo Chavez

I think it's good to build up your own fighters, but keep an eye on the free agents, there are bound to be some gems in there.