just out of shear curiousity

64 members have voted

1. 1. would you donate to remove tickers?

• yes
    • no
    • i'd pay if i had the money. but i dont so i wont. but damn the tickers!

if given the oppurtunity, would you donate $5 to the game if mike tycoon removed the tickers? i put up an anonymous pole question where you can remain nameless and vote honestly.

i can honestly come right out and say that i dont like the tickers and would actually pay to play a funner game without them. but that's just my opinion. and i have to believe that if enough other ppl felt the same way and banded together and raised enough real life money and vouled to donate it to the game, then we could actually possibly have an impact on mikes mindset. he's proven to be reasonable before

i may be one of the of few that think this way but i dont agree with having a shitty system like the tickers in place and sucking every last drop of fun out of the game, while waiting around for something better to be developed. i say that you always want to have your best foot forward at all times and i personally believe that a better TEMPORARY system could be in place than the one we are currently playing under.

i mean if the end result has already been decided and it is to get rid of the tickers for something better and you know this, then why must we suffer through the tickers in the time being? why not get rid of the shit pile while we're waiting? rather than just plopping right down beside it and suffering through the terrible fumes.

i mean, if your walking along and it starts pouring down rain and your only resort is to rest under a tree until it passes and there happens to be a huge pile of smelly shit under it with you, do you leave the shit pile there to smell? or do you remove the shit pile and enjoy the most pleasant experience available to you at the moment? why not make the best of the experience? remove the shit and wait it out in fresher air

• Downvote 2

Unless there is something to replace it, I don't want them removed.

there is something to replace it - no tickers haha

in other words, a system where you can leave for a few days and come back and keep playing as usual. not one where you're totally screwed over

[edit] the best argument i can make is to simply point at the explosion of QFC orgs. what is a QFC org? answer: an org based on the concept of not having to train your fighters. that for anybody that's paying attention, should tell you something

in other words, a system where you can leave for a few days and come back and keep playing as usual. not one where you're totally screwed over

I get your point here, and I agree that if enough people hate tickers they should be removed. I just don't hate them. I can't say that I love them, but I feel there needs to be some system that depops skills when not being trained. For the people who say they get frustrated with red tickers when they're away, they cannot be setting a well rounded training program. You do not have to log in every day to avoid depops. You do if you're are focusing on improving skills and still want to avoid depops. That's a completely different story though. Noone says you can focus and avoid depops..

• Upvote 5

I remember Mike saying something about how BJ Penn took down Fitch as an example of how he seen the tickers working. As of right now, the tickers aren't really as drastic as they need to be to represent that. I was thinking maybe current skills should be your max skills come fight time. Those will never go down. You then have different bars that show how close you are to your max efficiency. That is where the tickers could come in. It could eat away at skills that you haven't been training so much as of late. With this I could see people just raising one skill at a time though.

Haven't thought this out all the way, but having an importance on what you have been training before the fight might be neat (or end up sucking if it costs me some matches.)

I get your point here, and I agree that if enough people hate tickers they should be removed. I just don't hate them. I can't say that I love them, but I feel there needs to be some system that depops skills when not being trained. For the people who say they get frustrated with red tickers when they're away, they cannot be setting a well rounded training program. You do not have to log in every day to avoid depops. You do if you're are focusing on improving skills and still want to avoid depops. That's a completely different story though. Noone says you can focus and avoid depops..

honestly, it's not just even that for me. i play iracing as well as this game and for anybody that is looking for an exceptional sim experience then check it out.

but my point is, the tickers screw up the entire training structure. all they do is scatter everybodies training out and make it all a bunch of chaos impossible for the casual player to do well with. like i say, i may be the only one, but i preferred the set it and forget it style of training. ppl could work together and achieve things...and i know it's tricks on your eyes, but i enjoy training skills consecutive. you can track the progress easier and it seems like the skills progress faster that way. im not sure if it's just because it's fresher to your memory or what? but all around i just enjoyed the ability to set a schedule and leaving it much better than musical training sessions like we have now.

maybe mike could switch it over to something where the tickers only move on sundays or something? but the rat race of chasing tickers daily is old for me. picked up some FA's and traded them bastards off in no time. i'll just keep doing qfc orgs till something better comes along...

• Downvote 1

This is true. I personally hate tickers, but I wouldn't remove them from the game. I'd polly tweak it a lil bit, one way or an other.

I would pay for a certain fighter to land on my roster...

I would pay for an extra company slot...

I would pay for a secret hidden boost for all my fighters...

I would pay for strip clubs to be added to the game...

Hell, I would donate $5 just for all my alliance members to receive the alliance pyramid trophies when we win them...

but I wouldn't pay to remove tickers.

• Upvote 3

Ya I personally do not think the tickers are a bad thing. Keep your training at least somewhat balanced and you do not have to log in to check everyday. Though I still do but not to check tickers.

[edit] the best argument i can make is to simply point at the explosion of QFC orgs. what is a QFC org? answer: an org based on the concept of not having to train your fighters. that for anybody that's paying attention, should tell you something

That is an oversimplification of what QFC orgs are all about. We provide quick fights against opponents of equal skill, so there is no waiting for a month between fights and no worrying if your opponent has a lower ID or a better private gym. It evens the playing field while providing constant action. There is also no commitment to your fighters if you learn a new guy has a crap chin or the heart of Bob Sapp. They are easily replaced without falling behind the other fighters. Yes, you also gain fighters whose tickers you never have to manage, but that is not the totality of it by a long shot. I will admit it is one component some people are drawn to, but I just wanted to make sure we weren't lumped into such a simple and small box.

• Upvote 2

That is an oversimplification of what QFC orgs are all about. We provide quick fights against opponents of equal skill, so there is no waiting for a month between fights and no worrying if your opponent has a lower ID or a better private gym. It evens the playing field while providing constant action. There is also no commitment to your fighters if you learn a new guy has a crap chin or the heart of Bob Sapp. They are easily replaced without falling behind the other fighters. Yes, you also gain fighters whose tickers you never have to manage, but that is not the totality of it by a long shot.

correct. but at the same time i make the argument that once upon a time there wasnt nearly such a desire to fight as often because there was no need to keep tickers down and training was actually something that was fun in it's own right. now it's just a chore that you do and simply a negative attribute of the game the same as changing clothes or swapping supplements

i'll be the first to stand up and say that i use to look forward to training each day and actually made it a point log in twice a day just to see what improved. at one point in time my internet actually went out for a few weeks and i drove 15 minutes to the nearest library just to see my training. no bullshit i did that daily. nothing could touch this game. maybe it's just me that's changed?

That is an oversimplification of what QFC orgs are all about. We provide quick fights against opponents of equal skill, so there is no waiting for a month between fights and no worrying if your opponent has a lower ID or a better private gym. It evens the playing field while providing constant action. There is also no commitment to your fighters if you learn a new guy has a crap chin or the heart of Bob Sapp. They are easily replaced without falling behind the other fighters. Yes, you also gain fighters whose tickers you never have to manage, but that is not the totality of it by a long shot. I will admit it is one component some people are drawn to, but I just wanted to make sure we weren't lumped into such a simple and small box.

I have a worry about the QFC orgs. It is not happening at this moment. But within a couple months it might crush the whole system as we know it. With guys fighting every week over and over with taking no time to train, and still fighting high ranked competition because as this goes along there will be fighters climbing the ranks there is gonna be an issue. The top fighters and managers will be the guys doing only QFC, and not training. It will change the game to where if you train your fighter at all you will never be ranked well. Looking at the math it is gonna happen if the QFC orgs run thier current plan.

correct. but at the same time i make the argument that once upon a time there wasnt nearly such a desire to fight as often because there was no need to keep tickers down and training was actually something that was fun in it's own right. now it's just a chore that you do and simply a negative attribute of the game the same as changing clothes or swapping supplements

i'll be the first to stand up and say that i use to look forward to training each day and actually made it a point log in twice a day just to see what improved. at one point in time my internet actually went out for a few weeks and i drove 15 minutes to the nearest library just to see my training. no bullshit i did that daily. maybe it's just me that's changed? but that's not the case for me anymore

That is absolutely the case for some. For me it was the fact I spent a year and a half training projects only to learn their hiddens sucked monkey balls. I was a noob and didn't know people tested that sort of thing back then. I just don't like to narrow the concept down or oversimplify it. I really didn't wake up one day and think I hate tickers so I'll make an org. If anything it was more in response to the rampant org cheating that had become exposed. I got sick and tired of competing fairly to stay a top 5 org against others who were not and were not ever going to be punished. That is why I had decided to create a niche I hoped would remain above that crap.

I have a worry about the QFC orgs. It is not happening at this moment. But within a couple months it might crush the whole system as we know it. With guys fighting every week over and over with taking no time to train, and still fighting high ranked competition because as this goes along there will be fighters climbing the ranks there is gonna be an issue. The top fighters and managers will be the guys doing only QFC, and not training. It will change the game to where if you train your fighter at all you will never be ranked well. Looking at the math it is gonna happen if the QFC orgs run thier current plan.

There have been ideas to prevent that, but honestly isn't that what was already happening in some orgs? I don't see us changing much on that front. One such idea I have supported is an amateur record/ranking combined with a contract clause that bans training. That way fights under a contract with a no training clause would count towards a different record and ranking.

• Upvote 1

There have been ideas to prevent that, but honestly isn't that what was already happening in some orgs? I don't see us changing much on that front. One such idea I have supported is an amateur record/ranking combined with a contract clause that bans training. That way fights under a contract with a no training clause would count towards a different record and ranking.

That is actually a real good idea. Then have an amatuer ranking system.

Wow something gonna have to happen quicker than I realized. Just noticed one of the fighters just started fighting about a month ago and is the 475 pound for pound fighter. That is crazy, if no change is made soon, then there will be no point in doing anything but the QFC thing.

Wow something gonna have to happen quicker than I realized. Just noticed one of the fighters just started fighting about a month ago and is the 475 pound for pound fighter. That is crazy, if no change is made soon, then there will be no point in doing anything but the QFC thing.

I would donate money to get the amateur system going as soon as possible to prevent this, this is gonna really hurt the game.

I would donate money to get the amateur system going as soon as possible to prevent this, this is gonna really hurt the game.

The funny thing is we were talking about this in chat and I believe it was really intended to be more like this. Why would Mike had capped injuries at 16 days if no one was intended to ever fight twice within that time frame? What was the point of injuries at all? I believe ( and Mike can correct me ) the original intention was for us to have the opportunity to fight more often and projects started asking for more time to train between fights. They then wanted everyone else to conform to their style of playing where everyone waits a month or two between fights. How soon is too soon to fight? Who sets the arbitrary timeline? If the guys at the top want to fight more often then good for them.

The funny thing is we were talking about this in chat and I believe it was really intended to be more like this. Why would Mike had capped injuries at 16 days if no one was intended to ever fight twice within that time frame? What was the point of injuries at all? I believe ( and Mike can correct me ) the original intention was for us to have the opportunity to fight more often and projects started asking for more time to train between fights. They then wanted everyone else to conform to their style of playing where everyone waits a month or two between fights. How soon is too soon to fight? Who sets the arbitrary timeline? If the guys at the top want to fight more often then good for them.

If Mike intended the game to be constant fighting with no training, we wouldn't have tickers, gyms, increasing/decreasing skills, or anything other than fighter creation.

• Upvote 1

i dont disagree with that at all. It makes sense. But obviously these guys who never train are an extreme the other way. They will never fight any of the pre existing trained or training fighters so it will be as if they exist in a different league. So thus they should be seperated. They are not likley ever gonna fight each other, unless someone does the QFC thing and then leaves to train later.

If Mike intended the game to be constant fighting with no training, we wouldn't have tickers, gyms, increasing/decreasing skills, or anything other than fighter creation.

I didn't mean the never training thing. I meant the fighting way more often than people currently do now. Obviously he intended training, and I won't even bother trying to argue that. I was referring to people saying it isn't fair that fighters who fight more often will get hype faster. Even if a person trains up a project for a year and starts fighting they always have the option to fight more often. I don't think he intended taking a month to train between every single fight like many managers do.

i dont disagree with that at all. It makes sense. But obviously these guys who never train are an extreme the other way. They will never fight any of the pre existing trained or training fighters so it will be as if they exist in a different league. So thus they should be seperated. They are not likley ever gonna fight each other, unless someone does the QFC thing and then leaves to train later.

I don't argue that in the least. That is why I like the amateur record idea. You are right in those points.

For those of you who know nothing of american basketball (the NBA) you will not likely get the humor of this but this whole situation remiends me of an interview from one of my favorite sports stars of all time and in his honor I will have to bring his rant into play here.

Practice? Practice? Practice!!!!? I am a franchise player and we are talking about practice? We aint talkin about the game I played yesturday, are we really talking about practice? Practice!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1