The League of Leagues 2.0 - Thoughts, Opinions and Signups!

LoL 2.0. Please read the thread before answering.  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What age should fighters be? Should they be allowed to train?

• 18 year olds, training allowed, 6 weeks training time before beginning.
    • 18 year olds, training allowed, 4 weeks training time before beginning.
    • 25 year olds, training allowed, 4 weeks training time before beginning.
    • 25 year olds, training not allowed.
  2. 2. How should the round format in LoL 2.0 be structured? (this refers to rounds in the league, not the # of rounds in a fight)

• Keep it like it was in the first LoL.
    • Small first round, very large second round.
    • Small first round, medium second round, large third round.
  3. 3. Do you want to sign-up for LoL 2.0? (this is an official sign-up!)

• Sure, put me down for this!
    • Nah, I'll pass.
    • Maybe, I'm not 100% sure yet.

ATM it looks like that or 18 year olds with training.

Why out thought? I don't see the big issue with 25 year olds without training?

I didn't like the 25 year option last time and almost didn't join because of that fact.

Then i did and got Uriel with what seem to be excellent fighting hiddens, but the fighter is useless after the tourney because of his age........ which sucks hairy elephant balls, so i do have exactly the same opinion now.

I might take part if it is 25 year olds with training, but have no interest what so ever in a "no training" thing, regardless of the starting age of the fighter.

Even a 25 year old has holes that need to be plugged for him to be even slightly reasonable in a tourney.

• Upvote 1

I choose the 18 year olds with training. Why? because it means there useful after the tourney is over the winner of it should have one of the hottest prospects in Tycoon even with fighting every week chances are you will finish the fights. I'd change the rounds tho to one ten minute round. This stops a lot of the injuries unless your guy has a horrible injury hidden. 25 year olds with training was decent but what you gonna do once there done? not much you can do tbh. 25 year olds without training meh never been interested its just who gets the best hidden's even more and tbh is played out for me. Don't get me wrong it was good at the start but now theres 3/4 orgs and HWP doing it also and people are trying everywhere to get more fighters for them.

I choose the short first round, kinda short 2nd round and long third round. Sadly for me last year i paid 200k for someone to end up taking my place because my fighter was seriously horrible. Put me off ever entering another one of these again.

so with that i choose nah ill pass. I am pretty much done with creation tourney's. No fun in it for me. By the looks of things with the opinions split down the middle again it should be interesting if this gets filled at all. By the looks of things people want it there way or no way.

so with that i choose nah ill pass. I am pretty much done with creation tourney's. No fun in it for me. By the looks of things with the opinions split down the middle again it should be interesting if this gets filled at all. By the looks of things people want it there way or no way.

I doubt that. 12 hours in and we already have 60 Yes'es and Maybe's. We should fill up easily. I know how to advertise this :)

I like using 25 year old fighters again, but I'm kind of disappointed we're leaning towards no training. There's a ton of orgs doing that format already. I'll see how it pans out before I make a decision to enter or not.

• Upvote 2

I think having around 10 days between fights as mentioned early on is probably a good idea. It would greatly reduce the amount of fights being decided by injuries but still make injuries potentially play their part from time to time.

I don't really mind if they are 18 or 25 or anywhere in between but like Grasman I'd only be interested if there was training.

Mainly because it gives you something to do between fights and if your fighter sucks with hiddens or whatever at least you can attempt to plug some holes and make fights competitive.

I know some in Lol Version 1 have hated having a dud and still having to keep going in the tournament but even if rounds were shorter I think it would be even more annoying keeping hold of a dud until he's eliminated that you can't even attempt to improve.

• Upvote 1

I think having around 10 days between fights as mentioned early on is probably a good idea. It would greatly reduce the amount of fights being decided by injuries but still make injuries potentially play their part from time to time.

I don't really mind if they are 18 or 25 or anywhere in between but like Grasman I'd only be interested if there was training.

Mainly because it gives you something to do between fights and if your fighter sucks with hiddens or whatever at least you can attempt to plug some holes and make fights competitive.

I know some in Lol Version 1 have hated having a dud and still having to keep going in the tournament but even if rounds were shorter I think it would be even more annoying keeping hold of a dud until he's eliminated that you can't even attempt to improve.

I wonder if a rule could be added that if your fighter has less than 30 hype (what a noob would have) you can scrap them and continue on with a replacement fighter. After all the total number of skill points would remain the same, Shiv would have record of your wins/losses, and the events wouldn't be harmed due to there being no significant hype loss. I guess my only worry would be people using it as a way to get around injuries, but if you have one win you would already have too much hype to replace them unless it was followed by a couple losses. If you lost right out of the gate they would obviously be under 30.

Anyways.... Just a thought.

Edit: Also, didn't Shiv say in another thread you were allowed to do a couple test QFC's in order to see if the fighter was a keeper before the tournament starts?

Think it would be great for this to be a 18 year old tournament with around 6-8 weeks training time, as they are more usefull to use when the tournament finishers compared to a 25 year old..

I wonder if a rule could be added that if your fighter has less than 30 hype (what a noob would have) you can scrap them and continue on with a replacement fighter. After all the total number of skill points would remain the same, Shiv would have record of your wins/losses, and the events wouldn't be harmed due to there being no significant hype loss. I guess my only worry would be people using it as a way to get around injuries, but if you have one win you would already have too much hype to replace them unless it was followed by a couple losses. If you lost right out of the gate they would obviously be under 30.

Edit: Also, didn't Shiv say in another thread you were allowed to do a couple test QFC's in order to see if the fighter was a keeper before the tournament starts?

Yeh that would be one way to avoid having to keep a dud but it wouldn't interest me. Like I said before, it's mainly so you have something to do between fights. I'd also much prefer to fill a few holes and game plan in advance with some training rather than have the same guy fighting over and over again without changing.

You're right about doing test fights first, that was the same for LoL V1 but not everyone bothered, pretty vital in my opinion whether training is involved or not.

• Upvote 1

So, time to address a lot of things!

any chance you would be willing to update this mate http://challonge.com/lolr2ironman :)

Been updating the excel sheet so didn't bother with updating that. I'll update it for you anyway.

While I get what you mean, frankly, it isn't too bad if you can't train either. It's like 7-10 days between fights, not like you have a lot of time to wait around. Anyway, what you don't realize is that not everyone has run through the competition like Mitch (hell, nobody else is undefeated, hasn't been for weeks now) so most guys don't actually guy so many opportunities to train and all that.

Let's assume Mitch goes undefeated and wins this entire thing. Wouldn't you prefer it if he was able to take part in the next one as well? That can only work if we do no training.

Yes and no. It wouldn't be the case that people scrap decent fighters to avoid injuries but opponents might have an issue. I know I had some problems when an injured fighter was replaced with a fresh, full energy, uninjured one. One of their opponents made the very fair point as to how it was fair for them to fight a fresh guy when they've been fighting with lower energy / injuries without complaint.

Think it would be great for this to be a 18 year old tournament with around 6-8 weeks training time, as they are more usefull to use when the tournament finishers compared to a 25 year old..

I'm not sure of that. By the tournament finishes your 18 year old is already 20, almost 21 and has barely got any training yet solely because he keeps fighting every week for a few months. It'll be very hard for him to compete with other 18 year olds created around the same time as theyll have 2 ingame years of training on him. On the other hand, a no-training 25 year old can compete fairly in QFC type orgs as well as participate in future LoL tournaments. I'll make sure any LoL participant in this scenario gets a great contract and opportunity to have an epic career.

Yeh that would be one way to avoid having to keep a dud but it wouldn't interest me. Like I said before, it's mainly so you have something to do between fights. I'd also much prefer to fill a few holes and game plan in advance with some training rather than have the same guy fighting over and over again without changing.

You're right about doing test fights first, that was the same for LoL V1 but not everyone bothered, pretty vital in my opinion whether training is involved or not.

I'll be making it mandatory to take at least a fight this time around, preferably two. Last time there was training time given which was why people weren't taking a QFC or two. This time people will have to take a fight for sure just to be eligible to enter.

So, time to address a lot of things!

Been updating the excel sheet so didn't bother with updating that. I'll update it for you anyway.

While I get what you mean, frankly, it isn't too bad if you can't train either. It's like 7-10 days between fights, not like you have a lot of time to wait around. Anyway, what you don't realize is that not everyone has run through the competition like Mitch (hell, nobody else is undefeated, hasn't been for weeks now) so most guys don't actually guy so many opportunities to train and all that.

Let's assume Mitch goes undefeated and wins this entire thing. Wouldn't you prefer it if he was able to take part in the next one as well? That can only work if we do no training.

Yes and no. It wouldn't be the case that people scrap decent fighters to avoid injuries but opponents might have an issue. I know I had some problems when an injured fighter was replaced with a fresh, full energy, uninjured one. One of their opponents made the very fair point as to how it was fair for them to fight a fresh guy when they've been fighting with lower energy / injuries without complaint.

I'm not sure of that. By the tournament finishes your 18 year old is already 20, almost 21 and has barely got any training yet solely because he keeps fighting every week for a few months. It'll be very hard for him to compete with other 18 year olds created around the same time as theyll have 2 ingame years of training on him. On the other hand, a no-training 25 year old can compete fairly in QFC type orgs as well as participate in future LoL tournaments. I'll make sure any LoL participant in this scenario gets a great contract and opportunity to have an epic career.

I'll be making it mandatory to take at least a fight this time around, preferably two. Last time there was training time given which was why people weren't taking a QFC or two. This time people will have to take a fight for sure just to be eligible to enter.

I guess some are very much in favour of the no training, it just wouldn't be for me. I quickly got bored doing the QFC orgs with a few fights. It wouldn't bother me about not being able to compete in the next tournament if they won, it would be nice to do but I wouldn't be to worried.

• Upvote 3

I'm pretty much with Dirk on this one...to me, not getting to train even a little is a big deal...I don't want a guy I just forget about, for a week or two till fight time.

There's the strategy of finishing fights so you can squeeze a little time in, and the ability to at least put in small patches over the holes in your game against upcoming opponents.

I think it just would be a shame that LoL turns into another QFC org but with a tournament format. But well, I've voiced my opinion on the subject--so I'll just wish you guys the best of luck, hope it turns out well.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty much with Dirk on this one...to me, not getting to train even a little is a big deal...I don't want a guy I just forget about, for a week or two till fight time.

There's the strategy of finishing fights so you can squeeze a little time in, and the ability to at least put in small patches over the holes in your game against upcoming opponents.

I think it just would be a shame that LoL turns into another QFC org but with a tournament format. But well, I've voiced my opinion on the subject--so I'll just wish you guys the best of luck, hope it turns out well.

I feel the same way mate,, damn shame. :(