Merging Orgs

Is it just me or is there too many orgs with 30-80 fighters that either end up closing or getting sold and eventually closed? I always thought three per city was more realistic as far as having a workable roster for org owners. Instead of two or three legit contenders feeding on lower tier competition you will have 10 or even 20 fighters in the mix. I understand the better the fighter the more money demanded but maybe something can be reworked to make it fair. Maybe you can have it where each city has an org representing a tier of competition. For example, You could say SYN is the org for the top tier fighters in Vegas therefore all fighters considered top tier that choose to fight in Vegas will fight there. The factors to measure tiers should be creation #, Skills and attributes, and experience. As far as staffing the merging orgs, reassignment of staff and create more positions. For example the former owner of a certain org will be in charge of finances for an org or the matchmaker is now a talent scout, with all positions with paid wages weekly or monthly. How do you guys feel?

I feel its better to have a lot of orgs in each loaction, around 15..

As there are orgs needed for different types of fighters:

1. Elite orgs that have most of the best fighters and great roster in each divison. Such as NFC, Blitz, Syn etc

2. Mid Tier Orgs, which are orgs that have up and coming star fighters, and strive to become an elite org.

3. id restriction orgs, which are good for newly created fighters..

Though I do like the idea of merging orgs....

You have to address the the core reason of why there are so many orgs. It's largely due to the other businesses not making anywhere near the money orgs do. Clothing does ok if you can 'shop and want to spend a lot of time on skins. Gyms can make a little. Supps are a mess.

Mergers would be nice, but you need to address the REASON why there are so many orgs as well.

Lets take 15 fighters as being in the 'mix'. That leaves at least another 15 outside the mix and we can add a 10 fighter buffer which have broken winning and losing streaks.

That makes ~45 fighters per division for 8 weightclasses = 360 fighters. Anything above 180 usually is not sustainable and in the current way the game works, many would have to go underpaid even if only above 200.

I run a large organization and it is a pain. As much as I want 200-220 fighters, 360 is close to impossible to manage even with 2-3 people working on it. In a sense this game can be a second job but I doubt people want to make a career out of it.

Another core reason there are so many Orgs is that they don't compete with each other over ticket sales & PPV views. In MMAtycoon there is an unlimited amount of ticket buyers and ppv watchers as long as you get the formulas right. There's no finite number. If Orgs had to compete with each other over a limited viewership(like in real life). There would be far, far fewer orgs.

• Upvote 3

If Orgs had to compete with each other over a limited viewership(like in real life). There would be far, far fewer orgs.

Em, nope. My org is in the game for over 3 years now and i have only recently started to run regular PPV events. I think most people which open an org has to do mainly with the fact that they "want to run an org" not because they want to make money. I think very few new managers creating an org think about / let alone plan to run a PPV event any time soon.

I am not against the merging orgs idea though (this has been brought up myltiple times)

Em, nope. My org is in the game for over 3 years now and i have only recently started to run regular PPV events. I think most people which open an org has to do mainly with the fact that they "want to run an org" not because they want to make money. I think very few new managers creating an org think about / let alone plan to run a PPV event any time soon.

I am not against the merging orgs idea though (this has been brought up myltiple times)

There's this basic rule of economics. It's called supply and demand. In regards to ticket sales and PPVs, there is unlimited demand as long as you put the formulas right. So if the demand is unlimited, the market has room for an abundant supply. However, if the demand was limited (as it should be) there would be less orgs because in a competitive market, they would go bankrupt.