BJJ is there a way...

cdidman

every fighter I face that's good at bjj, the fight is always quick and the better bjj fighter always wins. I've got fighters that are wonderful in boxing going against a feeble boxer, but his bjj is purple belt. well the fight lasted just 1 round. I know I need to train my fighters, and I'm not saying I should win these fights, but I'm wondering is this the only way to have a good fighter? have them great at bjj? seems to me the game rewards subs. or am I wrong?

thanks.

every fighter I face that's good at bjj, the fight is always quick and the better bjj fighter always wins. I've got fighters that are wonderful in boxing going against a feeble boxer, but his bjj is purple belt. well the fight lasted just 1 round. I know I need to train my fighters, and I'm not saying I should win these fights, but I'm wondering is this the only way to have a good fighter? have them great at bjj? seems to me the game rewards subs. or am I wrong?

thanks.

BJJ is tough to defend against at lower levels, just like in real life. If you watch local MMA shows, 90% of the fights end up on the ground and via submission. My advice for new fighters - get some defensive grappling immediately. More often than not, a good defense is the best offense.

• Upvote 2

Also work on physical skills! The Boxer needs to deal enough damage before being taken down, so you need enough strenght. Also train agility to land more shots and balance to prevent opponent's takedowns. One problem problem is in my opinion is that many new fighters focus too much on technicals and almost for nothing on physicals!

at low levels bjj is very effective as most low level fighters are not adequately trained to deal with bjj, they are more focused on their area of strength. physicals are very important but you still need some semblance of skill in order for those physicals to be worth while

You´ll need to train takedown defense or defensive grappling or both in order to neutralize the advantage that the BJJ fighters have over you. Also pay attention to your fighters aggression - if they´re very aggressive in the stand up it obviously gives you a better chance of scoring the KO, but it also leaves more openings for your opponent to get the takedown.

Nice to see a thread stating that BJJ is too effective....

tired of seeing the hundreds of others complaining BJJ fighters can't win.

Some fresh air in the complaint directory Lol!

• Upvote 1