Humors Banned

Annnnnnyways. I banned him for three days so he can cool off. (anybody else please feel free to increase the length). I don't come on here much anymore but when I get two emails to my phone with people reporting the exact same thing it's pretty clear something needs to be done.

Whether or not the definition of the word is what it is or whatever is irrelevant. He was told not to be an idiot and he knows all too well that racism (or perceived racism) is not tolerated on the forums.

• Downvote 1

Annnnnnyways. I banned him for three days so he can cool off. (anybody else please feel free to increase the length). I don't come on here much anymore but when I get two emails to my phone with people reporting the exact same thing it's pretty clear something needs to be done.

Whether or not the definition of the word is what it is or whatever is irrelevant. He was told not to be an idiot and he knows all too well that racism (or perceived racism) is not tolerated on the forums.

ok. that sounds fair if you did warn him about it.

Had to change it up for you.

We know its 2012 and boy has times changed but there's a time and a place for you to discuss that (maybe at a KKK meeting or some shit). Not on a multi cultural game forum where people tend to come here to kick back and relax after a hard days work and you know enjoy themselfs. They don't need to put up with people using hate speech or shit like that. Most games have a 0 tolerance for racist bullshit because it can fuck with there income when people decide fuck this and go do something else with there spare time instead of logging in each day and seeing shit like this.

Maybe an idea for the improvements forum would be to have an ignore all button. When you ignore the person it basically stops you seeing anything to do with the player. You can't see there fighters, manager profile etc.

sounds like a great idea to me

thats bullshit he goes around putting nazi symbols on peoples walls ( he put one on mine ) and he's allowed back thats complete bullshit what if I was jewish ? I don't see how making mutiple accounts and spamming the forums gets him back it's pretty ridiculous really I completely agree with Justus

People shouldn't be offended by that symbol alone, unless there's some "hate text" around it or a German flag and/or Hitler's behind it. That symbol is also a chinese character/symbol that means "to be good".

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but if somebody hasn't already point out what the symbol really stands for, I'd be surprised.

Seriously... what's so wrong with that symbol (in the context of just posting it and nothing more)? If there was something so god awfully wrong with it, your keyboard wouldn't have that key... right? You don't see a key button to create a KKK mask. That symbol is universal, it's not restricted to what the US, Germany, and Russia make of it. I'm sure there's other signs/symbols, that you can use with your keyboard, that some crazy regime, or racist group has used in their banner, flag, or whatever. A bunch of gangs use $ signs in their gang tags, does that mean everytime somebody post $ we should automatically affiliate them with gang bangers? lol yes, poor example, but don't have the time to look for other strange keyboard symbols and try to find crazy, racist, genocidal groups out there that have used (a variation of) it.

I'm not defending him, don't care if he's banned, but I think people are over reacting to that symbol alone, and from the post I just read I think a lot of people don't really understand what that symbol is.

People shouldn't be offended by that symbol alone, unless there's some "hate text" around it or a German flag and/or Hitler's behind it. That symbol is also a chinese character/symbol that means "to be good".

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but if somebody hasn't already point out what the symbol really stands for, I'd be surprised.

Seriously... what's so wrong with that symbol? If there was something so god awfully wrong with it, your keyboard wouldn't have that key... right? You don't see a key button to create a KKK mask. That symbol is universal, it's not restricted to what the US, Germany, and Russia make of it.

It's associated with some bad stuff. What it really means is now irrelevant. Say I want to start a new party, and I decide to have a black flag with a unicorn on it. Then, I convince my people that all Christians are to blame for our problems and they are inferior. Then, I go kill like five million of them. That unicorn now symbolizes the death of a lot of Christians. It doesn't matter what a unicorn actually is.

It's associated with some bad stuff. What it really means is now irrelevant. Say I want to start a new party, and I decide to have a black flag with a unicorn on it. Then, I convince my people that all Christians are to blame for our problems and they are inferior. Then, I go kill like five million of them. That unicorn now symbolizes the death of a lot of Christians. It doesn't matter what a unicorn actually is.

I think you fail to realize that Hindu, Chinese, and a bunch of other cultures that are still using it. They paint little red Swastika's on their childrens head.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Swastik_on_head.jpg

http://www.swastika-info.com/images/asien/indien/Indian-Woman-Holding-Son.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's an Indian child and not a little nazi prodigy or white supremist who hates anything colored.

Dude, are you truly as idiotic as your posts indicate?

As was said earlier--origins of this symbol, or some of it's lesser known uses are irrelevant. It's the context that everyone recognizes it for that is offensive. Get real.

I suggest you paint that shit on your head and go to some hood and explain it to the people kicking your stupid ass that it means something benign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you fail to realize that Hindu, Chinese, and a bunch of other cultures that are still using it. They paint little red Swastika's on their childrens head.

I'm pretty sure that's an Indian child and not a little nazi prodigy or white supremist who hates anything colored.

You must have done a lot of research to find that picture. Funny, I just Googled "hindu child swastika" and it was the second picture that popped up.

Do you think the majority of people who play this game are European and American, or are they all Chinese, Hindu, and a bunch of other cultures?

Dude, are you truly as idiotic as your posts indicate?

As was said earlier--origins of this symbol, or some of it's lesser known uses are irrelevant. It's the context that everyone recognizes it for that is offensive. Get real.

I suggest you paint that shit on your head and go to some hood and explain it to the people kicking your stupid ass that it means something benign.

By everybody, you mean white people, Americans, Europeans, and jews? The majority of the world population is Asian/Indian... and they don't see that symbol that way. It's also a mark of Buddhism. One of the most popular religeons in the world.

What, you don't think Nazi Supremist can live in the hood too? I'm assuming cuz you think the hood is gonna be filled with black people who find that symbol offensive...

You're a racist man. You should be banned.

Banky - that's my point. It'd be a problem if I actually had to dig through pages and pages to find it. It's not an uncommon forbidden forsaken symbol ... unless apparently, you're in the hood lol.

• Upvote 2

Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) would be very familiar with the swastika as a Nazi symbol.

Your arguments are very weak; should we make a poll as to what an average MMATycooner associates the swastika with, be it a Nazi symbol, or something related to Buddhism, Hindus, etc., etc.?

• Downvote 2

By everybody, you mean white people, Americans, Europeans, and jews? The majority of the world population is Asian/Indian... and they don't see that symbol that way. It's also a mark of Buddhism. One of the most popular religeons in the world.

What, you don't think Nazi Supremist can live in the hood too? I'm assuming cuz you think the hood is gonna be filled with black people who find that symbol offensive...

You're a racist man. You should be banned.

Banky - that's my point. It'd be a problem if I actually had to dig through pages and pages to find it. It's not an uncommon forbidden forsaken symbol ... unless apparently, you're in the hood lol.

I see where you're coming from, really. I'm just thinking that most of the people who play this game(not in the world, just this game) are probably in a more Western culture, and associate that symbol with hate.

You do know when humors comes back, and he reads this thread, he's going to post swastikas and say "what, that karter fella said it was cool" lol.

You don't see a key button to create a KKK mask. That symbol is universal

Actually, that hood has its origins in Catholic practice in Spain if memory serves.

I see where you're coming from, really. I'm just thinking that most of the people who play this game(not in the world, just this game) are probably in a more Western culture, and associate that symbol with hate.

You do know when humors comes back, and he reads this thread, he's going to post swastikas and say "what, that karter fella said it was cool" lol.

I definitely get it and understand what you're saying as well... and not sayin what he did was right/wrong or saying that he should be allowed to do so. I'm just pointing out some facts about it, and I think that it's long overdue for people to open their mind and understand that the symbol alone isn't an indication to Hitler's regime, hate, death, and/or racism. *

I understand why certain people might be offended by it, I understand there's a certain level of sensitivity around it (mainly in America/Europe) - and not without good reason - I just think people have blown it out of propertion. For example - if everybody embraced the symbol for what it really is (or converted to Buddhism or some other culture that embrace the symbol with no malicious intent wrapped around it), they'd have to find a new symbol, and they'd eventually forget about that scumbag Hitler. Might take generations, but like all genocides, they're eventually forgotten (or never noticed in the first place).

A lot of people, including those black people from the hood that aylib was indirectly refering to, think of it representing "White Pride" (because Hitler wasn't irradicating blacks on a mass scale and I've never met a black jewish person) so they affiliate it with KKK, which has nothing to do with Hitler or his regime. Outside of the KKK or other white supremist groups - what's wrong with being proud that you're white? It seems white people are the only people who can't be proud to be their race. Everybody else can, everybody else can have their own symbols, or get it tatted on them (Cain Valezquez "Brown Pride" or Rampage Jackson's "black panther") but the second a white man tattoos a swastika or white pride on his skin - he's a white supremist.

^^ That's one flaw in humanity, caused by Hitler/KKK groups and over-senstive people who blow it out of propertion...

I believe there's things in life that deserve a certain level of sensitivity, and the swastika, in it's own way, is one of those many things. Much like when you're joking about rape, pedophiles, etc. There's just things that require a certain level of sensitivity, and when somebody is offended, you apologize, and move on.

* If we're gonna ban symbols that are related to genocide and racist supremist groups, there's a lot more that, that deserve to be on that list next to the Swatsika. America for one, was founded on the genocide of the indigenous people. I honestly don't know where to begin to dig up all the genocides and the political symbols/flags/banners/signs/religeons that were related/involved with them. I feel like if you have to ban one of them, you might as well ban all of them. I'm open minded to the swastika symbol depending on it's purpose and intent, but if you're not, you might as well feel just as offended at all the other genocidal groups symbols, flags, signs, etc.

There is a distinct difference between

This

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/HinduSwastika.svg/150px-HinduSwastika.svg.png

and this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Flag_of_the_NSDAP_%281920%E2%80%931945%29.svg/150px-Flag_of_the_NSDAP_%281920%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

There is a distinct difference between

This

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/HinduSwastika.svg/150px-HinduSwastika.svg.png

and this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Flag_of_the_NSDAP_%281920%E2%80%931945%29.svg/150px-Flag_of_the_NSDAP_%281920%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

http://breakthecipher.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/swastika2.png?w=450

卐 卐 卐 卐 卐

Our computers don't allow us to make Nazi signs...

Signs have different meanings to different people. He posted a swastika on a western forum and not an Indian one, you halfwit. Everybody who posts that simbol should be banned. Especially the retards who post it to explain how inoffensive it is.

Signs have different meanings to different people. He posted a swastika on a western forum and not an Indian one, you halfwit. Everybody who posts that simbol should be banned. Including the retards who post it to explain how unoffensive it is.

I don't share the same views or meaning of it. What about the 60 million indigenous in the americas who were wiped out by the crucifix waving Christians who needed New World lebensraum...? Should we ban everybody who shows a cross/crucifix?

† † † † † †

Some of the largest pedophile rings in the world have revolved around religeon and their crucifix... should we just outright ban the cross because some people have misused/misrepresented it? You fail to see my point.

I don't share the same views or meaning of it. What about the 60 million indigenous in the americas who were wiped out by the crucifix waving Christians who needed New World lebensraum...? Should we ban everybody who shows a cross/crucifix?

Good idea, don't wave a crusifix in the face of indigenous Americans.

You fail to see my point.

No, you're the one who fails to see the point imbecile. We're not Indians. We're not indigenous Americans. The swastika is a very offensive symbol in our culture. So don't post it moron. The word moron doesn't mean anything in Dutch, but hopefully it has some meaning to you.

I just can't understand why you're so determined to defend the Nazi swastika. It is pretty distinct in that it is at a 45 degree angle.

I think it's a shame, yes that the swastika which is a symbol thousands of years old, will now always be stigmatized as a symbol of hate and white supremacy across vast regions of the world.

It's not just Europe and the United States either. It's a criminal offense to use the swastika in some parts of South America.

It's pretty obvious what context humours was using the swastika for, so to me this is just a pretty cut and dry case.

• Downvote 1

I just can't understand why you're so determined to defend the Nazi swastika. It is pretty distinct in that it is at a 45 degree angle.

I think it's a shame, yes that the swastika which is a symbol thousands of years old, will now always be stigmatized as a symbol of hate and white supremacy across vast regions of the world.

It's not just Europe and the United States either. It's a criminal offense to use the swastika in some parts of South America.

It's pretty obvious what context humours was using the swastika for, so to me this is just a pretty cut and dry case.

I'm not trying to defend the Nazi swastika at all. Like you said a Nazi swastika is at a 45 degree angel. This 卐 is not. 卐 wouldn't be allowed to be created by your keyboard if it was that offensive/illegal because people would of already filed lawsuits for that kind of thing. Eventually I think, like all things, people will forget about Hitler's regime, and he will be ancient history just like every other genocidal maniac. Give it a hundred years, maybe two, the majority of people will forget about it (remember it less). I also think Buddhism will out last the (misused) representation of the white mans hate.

I'm not disagreeing with his context of it at all, I'm not trying to defend him, and have no say in whether he should be banned or not. I don't see how posting this sign 卐 would be offensive (or a banable offense) to anybody unless I somehow rotated it and gave it a red background. Or typed some Nazi propaganda/Hitler/racist BS after it.

卐 isn't any more offensive than † and a lot more people have died because of † than variations of 卐