kupsman2

I'm interested as well.

What will the next faze of tycoon be.

We've had -

Sum spamming

Lay and pray

Counter

What next.

It will be interesting to see how Mike changes the engine with this in mind.

Will agression score more?

Should we go higher damage now over accuracy?

Should we pull guard more and try subs off our backs?

Time will tell.

On a separate note, any one see a recent rise in Draws?

I'm interested as well.

What will the next faze of tycoon be.

We've had -

Sum spamming

Lay and pray

Counter

What next.

It will be interesting to see how Mike changes the engine with this in mind.

Will agression score more?

Should we go higher damage now over accuracy?

Should we pull guard more and try subs off our backs?

Time will tell.

On a separate note, any one see a recent rise in Draws?

I think most of those real life rule changes (1,3,4,5) are terrible :suicide_anim:

In fact, they're basically all the things that the scoring system on here has been criticised for over the years and in relation to heavy strikes counting too much over volume, exactly what it's being criticised for now. So in short, I'm totally and utterly ignoring these changes because I think they are terrible.

• Upvote 1

I just checked the rules. To be honest i cant say i have a problem with any of them. For the most part it is the way most fights are scored anyway. But before some judges would be little different and cause some inconsistancies. It seems mostly they just clearifies some of the terms and scoring. Before you could score defense if you wanted. Most i dont think did. There really is no reason to score defense. Defense is used to keep you in the game to win with offense. This alon with scoring sub attempts will make the ground game interesting to see with the new changes. A good guard fighter throwing subs up from his back would make the top guys defensive. Now the top guy will realize he is getting scored on and now he will have to pick te right time to start attacking back and still avoid the subs. He will know he cant sit and dodge subs all day. This will force him to be active and it will encourage the bottom guy to be active to force the top guy to be active. This should make for an action packed ground battle where bottom guys have reason to work and the top guy has to keep up.

Striking Damage wa already a rule i thought. Maybe it was one of those that wasnt on the books but weighed in on the sub consious of the judges scoring. The harder strikes would stand out more in the judges mind. Thats the way it should be. A Roger Gracie punch should score the same as a Shane Carwin punch.

I agree with Mike. There is no point in changing the game. I think the new rules will be great and i thought most of them were already a part of the scoring. But i think it would be best to at least wait and see how these changes play out in real life before putting the time into changing them in game. Let it play out in real life and let them work out the bugs in the scoring first. Maybe in a year or two it can be looked at and see if change is needed in game.

are you saying that Roger's punches cause as much damage as Shane's on average???

Sorry that was supposed to be "shouldn't". I have a bad habbit of leaving off the n't when i type that word. Dont know why.