Training Speed / Pops / Solution ?

Rambo

Maybe not the best idea, but just an idea to satisfy that mass majority who feel training speed is just a little too slow... the biggest problem I have is it takes so long in between sessions to actually pop something, it makes the tycoon assistant thing seem useless at times, unless you enjoy managing micro pops with the +'s and -'s. So I thought of a couple ideas that wouldn't require you to revamp the actually training/learning speed...

Complicated way

Restructure the words for secondaries... make more of them. Elite would still be elite, useless would still be useless, just add a few more in there.

Useless - 0

Abysmal - 10

Woeful - 20

Feeble - 30

Mediocre - 40

Competent - 50

Respectable - 60

Proficient - 70

Strong - 80

Superb - 90

Remarkable 100

Wonderful 110

Exceptional 120

Sensational 130

Elite 140+

Add a word for (example)... 15, 25, 35, 55, 75, 95, 105, 115, 125, 135... essentially you will see twice as many pops cuz your tycoon assistant will inform you as you hit the .5 markers.

[other solution]

Inform you of the micro pops... in some way, shape, or form. Basically the above, just in a different method/style.

That way you're not micro-managing decimals and +'s and ++'s.. it really gives me a headache when I try. The only way I know how is getting your assistant page before training, and then reopening in new tab after training, and trying to compare side by side as you scroll... which is way too time consuming and way too annoying.

• Upvote 2

i havent heard any complaints about the current training speed. i very much like the current system of training because it makes public gym projects quite viable (though private is still best) and you cant have a super beast in 2 game years with high end learning. 3-4 solid game years of learning will give you a very solid mid tier fighter skill wise with every ounce of potential towards being top tier (provided hiddens are decent).

but thats just my opinion, and just because i havent heard complaints it doesnt mean there havent been some.

i havent heard any complaints about the current training speed. i very much like the current system of training because it makes public gym projects quite viable (though private is still best) and you cant have a super beast in 2 game years with high end learning. 3-4 solid game years of learning will give you a very solid mid tier fighter skill wise with every ounce of potential towards being top tier (provided hiddens are decent).

but thats just my opinion, and just because i havent heard complaints it doesnt mean there havent been some.

Plenty of people have complained about it before, the training speed hasn't been changed at all so I assume there's still plenty of people unhappy with it. I'm not asking that it should be altered, just asking to be informed of mini pops without it saying "fighter went from feeble- to feeble+". It would make public gyms even more viable, cuz you'd at least believe you were seeing more results by being informed on your assistant page fighter A popped to __.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Mike just recently make the in-game year shorter? Regardless, I think it is not a bad idea but I am fine right now the way it is (possible since I run an org and don't have that much time anyway).

It might be the case that seeing TOO MANY pops would be too much to handle and would make little sense but that is just something to think about.

Didn't Mike just recently make the in-game year shorter? Regardless, I think it is not a bad idea but I am fine right now the way it is (possible since I run an org and don't have that much time anyway).

It might be the case that seeing TOO MANY pops would be too much to handle and would make little sense but that is just something to think about.

Maybe only add them at the high end of training? Since that's when it becomes most inexistant, or only when you check on your fighters individual pops, will the mini pops show up?

actually lower end training HAS been sped up compared to what it was (the top end (supposedly) was 6.6, now its about 7.5) and i was referring to RECENT complaints not long term.

do you want to go back to the days when private training was king? where only a few managers could produce monsters relatively quickly?

currently for fast learners it takes (roughly) 45 sessions to get to wonderful with sizes less than 3. thats about 1 month's worth of training or a third of a game year. so with a fast learner (and assuming 3 wonderful base secondaries) your fighter can have 6 wonderful secondaries in a game year.

for a MT base striker that would be kicks, knees, strike defense, tdd, dg and clinch @wonderful after 1 game year of training in a pretty good gym. project that out, i have a fighter who went useless to sens in 76 sessions, so lets say roughly 25-40 sessions to get from wonderful to sensational, which means half a month to a month more training on a secondary to get it to sensational. so say you use the next game year to get punches, kicks and SD to sensational. so in 6 months (roughly) you have a fighter with this secondary set up:

Punches Sensational

Kicks Sensational

Elbows usless

Knees Wonderful

Clinch Wonderful

SD Sensational

GnP useless

TD's useless

TDD Wonderful

subs useless

DG Wonderful.

a fighter with this base skill set would do pretty well in some mid tier orgs and would dominate low level orgs. this is all hypothetical with numbers generated by personal experience, i know of someone else getting sensational in 63 sessions. but in 6 months or 2 game years with a decent learner you can build a pretty freaking good striker. if you intend to add a top game (on the ground) that will take roughly 2-3 months (depending on tickers for the other skills) so in 3 game years (roughly) the above fighter would look like this

Punches Sensational

Kicks Sensational

Elbows Useless

Knees Wonderful

Clinch Wonderful

SD Sensational

GnP Wonderful

TD's Wonderful

TDD Wonderful

Subs Strong

Dg Wonderful

This fighter has the build to be a very very good mid tier fighter and depending on other hiddens could do quite well in the top tier. i know this is a hypothetical situation based on numbers from above average learners but i believe it is still quite possible to build a top tier fighter (skill wise) in 4 game years with the current training system.

Do you really want to go back to the days where uber learners got to wonderful in like 20 sessions? where you can get as many as 6 wonderful secondaries in a game year (outside of the base 3)?

the training system is fine imo. tickers should be gone in a couple of months (according to mike) which is the main issue people have with training right now i think.

if you want to think training is an issue, go ahead, i just think your wrong on this issue.

actually lower end training HAS been sped up compared to what it was (the top end (supposedly) was 6.6, now its about 7.5) and i was referring to RECENT complaints not long term.

do you want to go back to the days when private training was king? where only a few managers could produce monsters relatively quickly?

currently for fast learners it takes (roughly) 45 sessions to get to wonderful with sizes less than 3. thats about 1 month's worth of training or a third of a game year. so with a fast learner (and assuming 3 wonderful base secondaries) your fighter can have 6 wonderful secondaries in a game year.

for a MT base striker that would be kicks, knees, strike defense, tdd, dg and clinch @wonderful after 1 game year of training in a pretty good gym. project that out, i have a fighter who went useless to sens in 76 sessions, so lets say roughly 25-40 sessions to get from wonderful to sensational, which means half a month to a month more training on a secondary to get it to sensational. so say you use the next game year to get punches, kicks and SD to sensational. so in 6 months (roughly) you have a fighter with this secondary set up:

Punches Sensational

Kicks Sensational

Elbows usless

Knees Wonderful

Clinch Wonderful

SD Sensational

GnP useless

TD's useless

TDD Wonderful

subs useless

DG Wonderful.

a fighter with this base skill set would do pretty well in some mid tier orgs and would dominate low level orgs. this is all hypothetical with numbers generated by personal experience, i know of someone else getting sensational in 63 sessions. but in 6 months or 2 game years with a decent learner you can build a pretty freaking good striker. if you intend to add a top game (on the ground) that will take roughly 2-3 months (depending on tickers for the other skills) so in 3 game years (roughly) the above fighter would look like this

Punches Sensational

Kicks Sensational

Elbows Useless

Knees Wonderful

Clinch Wonderful

SD Sensational

GnP Wonderful

TD's Wonderful

TDD Wonderful

Subs Strong

Dg Wonderful

This fighter has the build to be a very very good mid tier fighter and depending on other hiddens could do quite well in the top tier. i know this is a hypothetical situation based on numbers from above average learners but i believe it is still quite possible to build a top tier fighter (skill wise) in 4 game years with the current training system.

Do you really want to go back to the days where uber learners got to wonderful in like 20 sessions? where you can get as many as 6 wonderful secondaries in a game year (outside of the base 3)?

the training system is fine imo. tickers should be gone in a couple of months (according to mike) which is the main issue people have with training right now i think.

if you want to think training is an issue, go ahead, i just think your wrong on this issue.

I don't get your arguement at all...? Did you read my post?

I am NOT asking for training to be sped up or slowed down at all --- so all that rambling was useless and a waste of time in your life. I was just saying give 9.5 (superb+) a different name than superb+, finding names that work for them would be the hard part. For example, maybe elite++ (140++) would become Flawless.. maybe I didn't explain it well enough. In between superb and remarkable, when you reach the half way mark, on your assistant page have it show a "pop" for the half way mark. Give it a different name, mention that the skill is improving, whatever it is. Micromanaging decimals and + and -'s is way too tedious, time consuming, and annoying. So that long gap in between wonderful - exceptional will still be just as long, except you get a "pop" at the half way marker to inform you that progress has been made. Make sense? It's just a base idea, all the ground work and details would need to be decided by Mike, his programmer, etc.

• Upvote 1