UFC on FOX: Shogun vs Vera Pick 'Em

So overall almost everyone had a decent night picking fights. That being said we have a six-way tie........ :OMG: ................... so the choice is up to the winners, 5k each or add it to the next pick 'em......

Side note, the one fight that screwed most people was Moraga vs Gomez.

i say add to the next one

"Shogun" Rua vs Brandon Vera - Vera is a turd

Ryan Bader vs Lyoto Machida - Bader is a turd

Joe Lauzon vs Jamie Varner - Varner is a turd

Damarquez is a turd as well. I'm glad that none of the turds won. Lauzon almost went to a decision. That was unexpected. Also glad that Swick shortened the ridiculous sideburns.

not only gomez fight i thin Millers fight and Louzas also :(

better keep it in bank who needs 5k lol :D

The Miller vs Phan fight was another deal breaker for a lot as well.

completely agree!

Thanks. I couldnt imagine how bad it would suck to bust your ass in training camp and be denied a fight. All work and no satisfaction. I have never seen anyone poked in the eye by blocking punches with opened hands. Its when they get hit and start feeling around on their face like Hellen Keller that they poke someone one. What does that do? Fine them 20% and they will fight rather than cop a feel. I also couldnt imagine trying to fight though an eye poke. My eyes water for hours and i cant do shit. They are going to keep playing around claiming there isnt anything they can do until someone loses an eye and ends a career. There is no reason to be putting an open hand in someones face on the feet. Get rid of the stupidness and eye pokes would be pretty rare.

Thanks. I couldnt imagine how bad it would suck to bust your ass in training camp and be denied a fight. All work and no satisfaction. I have never seen anyone poked in the eye by blocking punches with opened hands. Its when they get hit and start feeling around on their face like Hellen Keller that they poke someone one. What does that do? Fine them 20% and they will fight rather than cop a feel. I also couldnt imagine trying to fight though an eye poke. My eyes water for hours and i cant do shit. They are going to keep playing around claiming there isnt anything they can do until someone loses an eye and ends a career. There is no reason to be putting an open hand in someones face on the feet. Get rid of the stupidness and eye pokes would be pretty rare.

this and it is also so anti-climatic for casual fans too. it just doesn't make sense not to have some sort of punishment for screwing someone's fight and the show like that.

on another topic, about shogun, i can only imagine there's no ergometer bikes in the gym he trains at. he gassed after throwing a couple of punches and going for the takedown. not even mayhem miller has such a bad gas tank.

It pisses me off too. I already noticed Davis jabbing with his hand open the whole time. Koscheck does this as well. I hate it. Fighters should be punished for that. I don't care if it's unintentional. DaMarques also hit Swick in the eye and I believe that I remember him eye poking before too.

It pisses me off too. I already noticed Davis jabbing with his hand open the whole time. Koscheck does this as well. I hate it. Fighters should be punished for that. I don't care if it's unintentional. DaMarques also hit Swick in the eye and I believe that I remember him eye poking before too.

Its not even a technical thing in any style. I understand block punching with open hand. ut that isnt what causes pokes. No striking art stops strikes by putting their hands on the guys face. When guys are in trouble there is to much incentive to find that eye. They get a rest, the opponent is never the same and they come off as a world beater by winning the fight. You put out a fine for any careless eye pokes and you will see fighters stop doing this. I think Davis got hit and was paniced. After the fight he didnt even act disappointed at the ending.

I have a bad feeling this wont be addressed properly and they will try to use different gloves than negatively effect the entire sport or favor a specific style.

Its strange you can kick someone in the groin and end up losing a point even though most times it is clearly accidental. But there is no penalty for a eye poke and it is by far more effective and dangerous. Every suspected eye poke should be reviewed and fined if deemed careless or intentional. Because im sure som lame ass' will try to claim a eye poke when there wasnt one. Add in a significant fine and leave the damn rules and gloves alone. Gloves arent the problem. Its the rules encouraging bad habits and fouls. Hell 20% is nothing co mpare to a fighter getting the win and maybe a title fight or a larger contract because he won due to a poke. How much has Koscheck made off his pokes? How many title fights or mor zeros on his contract did he get due to getting wins he poked to get? 20% is very reasonable.

Yeh I do really hate the open handed jabs when they are just fishing at thin air trying to gauge distance or whatever.

You should have to keep a closed hand I think when doing that kind of range finding,

It's becoming increasingly common these days and must lead to a temporary stoppage about twice per event . Eye pokes have always been there but not to this extent, they used to be rare so it's obviously a change fighters have been making, not nessicarily on purpose but perhaps because there is little or no penalty and they've worked out testing the range with fingers rather than fists is a little safer for them.

If they started deductin points or issuing fines for it you'd soon see it stop. There are a few examples where they may happen accidentally like if you were clinching up just as the other guy shot on you or something buy most of them are avoidable.

brunoleonardo - 8

so the choice is up to the winners, 5k each or add it to the next pick 'em......

Add it to the next pick 'em.

But it's nice to see my name on the winners list! :dancing:

Its not even a technical thing in any style. I understand block punching with open hand. ut that isnt what causes pokes. No striking art stops strikes by putting their hands on the guys face. When guys are in trouble there is to much incentive to find that eye. They get a rest, the opponent is never the same and they come off as a world beater by winning the fight. You put out a fine for any careless eye pokes and you will see fighters stop doing this. I think Davis got hit and was paniced. After the fight he didnt even act disappointed at the ending.

I have a bad feeling this wont be addressed properly and they will try to use different gloves than negatively effect the entire sport or favor a specific style.

Its strange you can kick someone in the groin and end up losing a point even though most times it is clearly accidental. But there is no penalty for a eye poke and it is by far more effective and dangerous. Every suspected eye poke should be reviewed and fined if deemed careless or intentional. Because im sure som lame ass' will try to claim a eye poke when there wasnt one. Add in a significant fine and leave the damn rules and gloves alone. Gloves arent the problem. Its the rules encouraging bad habits and fouls. Hell 20% is nothing co mpare to a fighter getting the win and maybe a title fight or a larger contract because he won due to a poke. How much has Koscheck made off his pokes? How many title fights or mor zeros on his contract did he get due to getting wins he poked to get? 20% is very reasonable.

Shields vs GSP was an insane example of this. He was throwing open handed claws every chance he got. That should have been a DQ, since he nailed him with at least 8 pokes that I can remember and likely more I forgot about or didn't notice.

Shields vs GSP was an insane example of this. He was throwing open handed claws every chance he got. That should have been a DQ, since he nailed him with at least 8 pokes that I can remember and likely more I forgot about or didn't notice.

I remember Ronda Rousey saying slaps were illegal on Conan the other day. Now i have never seen that rule all the times i have looked over the NSAC rulebook. If it is a rule how can they not classify this "pawing" at the face as a slap or open hand strike?

If it was up to me i would allow things to continue. Not really put in a hard rule. But i would put in a fine if you extend your open hand and it results in a eye poke. So people can keep on doing what they are ding and if it doesnt lead to a poke nothing happens. But they should know they are responsible for the pokes. Open has in a defensive manner are fine but there is no reason to extend them as a strike if it is defensive. Its a really bad habit that anyone tired or getting their ass kicked stoops to. Hell some are doing it right out of the gate to get an early upper hand. I think Koscheck has poked more people than Rick Flair and the 3 Stooges combined.