post fight

wilflet

the options for post fight interviews, what do each do:

Hype self- someone mentioned to me increases your fighter hype?

thank fans- presume does the same for popularity?

Thank sponser- is this just a free ad in the text or does it increase their hype bonus?

Call for title shot- does it do anything?

the options for post fight interviews, what do each do:

Hype self- someone mentioned to me increases your fighter hype?

thank fans- presume does the same for popularity?

Thank sponser- is this just a free ad in the text or does it increase their hype bonus?

Call for title shot- does it do anything?

Hype self does as you wrote. It gives a small boost to your hype if you win the fight.

Thank fans is also as you wrote. It gives a small boost to your popularity.

Thank Sponsor doesn't do much for you directly. It gives a hype boost to your sponsor.

Call for a title shot sends an e-mail to the org owner telling him that you have called for that shot which he can then decide to give that shot or not.

Lastly the other one is for you to just write up your own post fight. You can call out a specific opponent or talk some smack or whatever you want really, but it has no in game effect at all.

Hope this helps.

thanks,

On a related note are there pros and cons to being more hyped than popular or vice versa?

Not as far as I can tell. Except for one possible drawback. If your hype is very high, then you will be ranked higher and be expected to fight higher ranked opponents that you may or may not be ready for. Conversely if you have a huge hype compared to your opponent then you will make smaller gains when you win, but much larger drops when you lose to a lower hyped opponent.

It is correct. I said it doesn't do much for you directly. Meaning the fighter. I was right. It helps the Sponsor and their event partner. Although I didn't mention the event partner it does not invalidate my statement. The fighter still gains little from thanking the sponsor.

The only thing the fighter gains potentially is a renewal of the contract when it expires. But it has been my experience that sponsorships are seldom worth it. You have to thank them for sending you a few dollars that usually is a very small amount spread over a rather long time. In fact most sponsorships I have been offered have not even been enough to cover the cost of a single week of training, but they want me to thank them for it for the next three to four fights? No thanks...

You said it gives a hype boost to the sponsor. This is not correct. It increases the sale of merch at the event if the sponsor also is partnered with the org. The sponsor's hype stays the same. Two different things.

You said it gives a hype boost to the sponsor. This is not correct. It increases the sale of merch at the event if the sponsor also is partnered with the org. The sponsor's hype stays the same. Two different things.

Increased sales effects the sponsors hype... therefore thanking the sponsor increased it's hype...

Increased sales effects the sponsors hype... therefore thanking the sponsor increased it's hype...

But the sales in question are totally unrelated to 500 weeks. Or are you saying that they're related? Who told you this was the case?

But the sales in question are totally unrelated to 500 weeks. Or are you saying that they're related? Who told you this was the case?

All I know for sure is that people who have given me sponsorships in the past have, of course, requested that I thank them because it boosts their company hype. It is one of the main reasons to offer a sponsorship. Perhaps if someone who owns a clothing or Nutrition company were to weigh in on this it could clear it up. If you are correct in the assumption that thanking the sponsor does nothing for them other than to generate a few sales at an event and that, that does not effect their hype, which I am not convinced that is works that way. Then it could explain why most sponsorships aren't work a damn.

However, I am fairly certain that it does, in fact give a boost to the hype of the sponsor. If it doesn't, then it should.

From the .info sponsor page: http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Sponsorships

Sponsoring fighters

When you sponsor a fighter, your company logo will appear on that fighter's profile page and also on the fight reports whenever he fights. Also, you will get a small boost to your company's hype whenever they fight.

and the other page: http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Edit_fighter_details

Post Fight

Your fighter has the option to do one of 6 things in his post fight interview, if he wins the fight.

Nothing

Thank sponsors. You can thank one sponsor. If this sponsor also sponsors the event, doing this will increase merchandise sales for the org and sponsor at that event.

Hype yourself up. This can go either way. It can either go down badly with the fans and mean a very slight decrease in hype, or you can get a small boost to your hype.

Thank fans. Will give you a small boost to popularity.

Call for title shot. This will send the org owner a message in game requesting a title shot.

Say something random. Type whatever you like, as long as you keep it clean.

It appears that thanking the sponsor only helps the sponsoring company if they are the merchandise partner.

What? What he posted did not in any way support your claims?

Thanking your sponsor helps the sponsoring company sell merch on that event, if they are the org's partner. Not otherwise. This is straight from Mike.

I sort of tired of running in circles here, so I went and asked Mike.

I wrote: Someone in the noob forum's claiming that thanking your sponsor post-fight increases the sponsor's hype. This is not mentioned in the wiki. Is this true?

Thanks for your time!

And he answered:

From what I remember I don't think it does but I wrote it a while ago. Only one way to find out and take a screenshot before and after an event :)

And by the way, I do run a nutrition company. Merch sold at an event does not show up in the weekly finances along the other sales that make up a 500 week.

There is simply no basis to claim that thanking your sponsor increases the company hype and I'm not sure how to make it any clearer than this.

Edit: In case this wasn't clear enough:

Sponsoring a fighter gives your company hype when they accept and when they fight.

Thanking your sponsor makes them earn more money from merch sale at the event, provided they're already the org's merch partner.

What? What he posted did not in any way support your claims?

Thanking your sponsor helps the sponsoring company sell merch on that event, if they are the org's partner. Not otherwise. This is straight from Mike.

I sort of tired of running in circles here, so I went and asked Mike.

I wrote: Someone in the noob forum's claiming that thanking your sponsor post-fight increases the sponsor's hype. This is not mentioned in the wiki. Is this true?

Thanks for your time!

And he answered:

From what I remember I don't think it does but I wrote it a while ago. Only one way to find out and take a screenshot before and after an event :)

And by the way, I do run a nutrition company. Merch sold at an event does not show up in the weekly finances along the other sales that make up a 500 week.

There is simply no basis to claim that thanking your sponsor increases the company hype and I'm not sure how to make it any clearer than this.

Edit: In case this wasn't clear enough:

Sponsoring a fighter gives your company hype when they accept and when they fight.

Thanking your sponsor makes them earn more money from merch sale at the event, provided they're already the org's merch partner.

This sounds an awful lot like getting hype from sponsoring fighters to me... seems that you just proved my point. And Duphus quoted the rule that says that thanking the sponsor increases hype.

I am officially done arguing this with you.

This sounds an awful lot like getting hype from sponsoring fighters to me... seems that you just proved my point. And Duphus quoted the rule that says that thanking the sponsor increases hype.

He's trying to say the company doesn't get hype from the fighter thanking the company, only from the actual fight...

Actually the way I read it from the info page is:

A company will gain a small amount of hype whenever one of their sponsored fighters fights, win or loose.

Thanking a sponsor: the only way it has an effect is: If the sponsor thanked is also the event merchandise partner, then it increases sells at that event.

I really see it like Igor says

I can tell you that I have a nutrition company also and I see no hype gain from when my merchandise partner has a event or when my fighters thank my company (in the last month and a half all my fighters thanked my company every time and I went something like 40-3 and never saw any hype gain and several times I won and thanked 4 in one day and saw no change.

This is also likely why Mike has it so you can only thank 1 sponsor as it only matters if they are the merchandise partner, otherwise I would think he would allow you to thank both if it added to hype by an actual thank you.

Damn. Your obsession with being right is interfering with your reading capabilities. Duphus quoted no such thing. Are you really trying to tell me that you can't tell the difference between A. A company sponsoring a fighter and B. A fighter thanking a company post fight? I've been trying to be civil, but for fuck's sake. The guy who made the game says you're probably wrong.

Shit like this is why I recommend that new guys stay away from the forums and just read the wiki. The forums are full of people spouting off misinformation and made up shit like there's no tomorrow. It's like that time I had to fight tooth and nails to get people to realize that Fast Learner and Intelligence aren't connected in any way.

This isn't even difficult. There's absolutely no evidence at all to support your totally made up and ass-pulled claim.

Just let go of your desperate need to be right and actually read what I and others (including Mike, for crying out loud) have written. If you won't do it for me, then at least do it for the noobs. You're actually in the noob section spreading misinformation.

Stop it.

Edit: The sad part, is that the rules aren't even ambiguously phrased. They are perfectly clear. There's nothing to discuss. It's as easy as 2+2=4. I cannot even begin to fathom how you're not getting this. Read the parts quoted from the wiki. And before you say you have, no you haven't. You've briefly scanned some words while being mainly concerned with how to twist this so that you appear to be right. And before you say that I'm the one obsessed with being right, consider these two points. 1. I'm doing this for the noobs. 2. Unlike you, I actually am right.

From the .info sponsor page: http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Sponsorships

Sponsoring fighters

When you sponsor a fighter, your company logo will appear on that fighter's profile page and also on the fight reports whenever he fights. Also, you will get a small boost to your company's hype whenever they fight.

The Italicized part is what had led me to believe that it supported my conclusion. After reading it again. I concede that I have misinterpreted that.

Thanks for your time!

And he answered:

Mike's answer was not definitive. Hence my continuing to stick to my guns. I also did not know that you had done as Mike suggested (testing the number pre and post fight) to confirm it. Also, didn't know that you had a Nutrition company.

As far as your statement that there is nothing to support my claims, well... in review that is true. However, my initial assessment on that as read (and YES I did read it thoroughly) indicated that I was right. In review, I admit that I was wrong.

That said, I fail to see the reason you felt it necessary to post your last entry after I had already stopped talking about this. I at no time was angry with you and was not trying to get shitty about it.

Saying that I was deliberately trying to spread misinformation or that I didn't read anything before spouting off is simply not true. I have no desperate need to be right. I am fully capable of admitting when I am wrong as I have done in this post.

To avoid letting my anger get to me and make me say something stupid that I don't mean I will simply say that, while you may think otherwise, I was answering a post as truthfully as I was able and with the full intent of helping a new player to understand the rules pertaining to what he asked about. I had no malicious intent nor was I in anyway willfully misleading. Nor was I as ignorant as you claim.

I misinterpreted something and, given Mike's noncommittal reply, I had no reason to think that I was wrong. Not until re-reading the rules that were quoted here did I retract my earlier statements. It was that simple.

And now I'm done...

The Italicized part is what had led me to believe that it supported my conclusion. After reading it again. I concede that I have misinterpreted that.

Mike's answer was not definitive. Hence my continuing to stick to my guns. I also did not know that you had done as Mike suggested (testing the number pre and post fight) to confirm it. Also, didn't know that you had a Nutrition company.

As far as your statement that there is nothing to support my claims, well... in review that is true. However, my initial assessment on that as read (and YES I did read it thoroughly) indicated that I was right. In review, I admit that I was wrong.

That said, I fail to see the reason you felt it necessary to post your last entry after I had already stopped talking about this. I at no time was angry with you and was not trying to get shitty about it.

Saying that I was deliberately trying to spread misinformation or that I didn't read anything before spouting off is simply not true. I have no desperate need to be right. I am fully capable of admitting when I am wrong as I have done in this post.

To avoid letting my anger get to me and make me say something stupid that I don't mean I will simply say that, while you may think otherwise, I was answering a post as truthfully as I was able and with the full intent of helping a new player to understand the rules pertaining to what he asked about. I had no malicious intent nor was I in anyway willfully misleading. Nor was I as ignorant as you claim.

I misinterpreted something and, given Mike's noncommittal reply, I had no reason to think that I was wrong. Not until re-reading the rules that were quoted here did I retract my earlier statements. It was that simple.

And now I'm done...

In Warwynd's defense, I took it as he simply misread/misunderstood what Wiki said (that I posted) which is why I posted again and tried to be more clear.

I will say that until a week or so ago, I thought the same thing as Warwynd as that is what I read and seemed like I read other places on the forum also. So I can see how he thought what he did, because I did until I read it and read it again and then again for a 3rd time.

I think most people think that thanking the sponsor builds hype for the sponsor, even a lot of the companies themselves as they what you to thank them. However unless their the event sponsor it does them no good as far as I see.

I do think Igor, maybe just got a little frustrated and maybe went a little hard on him but it's hard to tell how something is meant when reading text and vice versa, but hopefully this will clear the air on this issue and we all learned something. Everyone has bad days and things aren't always meant how you read them, so just keep that in mind and we'll all get along better. DAM, I sound like Some authority figure saying "Can't we just all get along" :lol2:

Not as far as I can tell. Except for one possible drawback. If your hype is very high, then you will be ranked higher and be expected to fight higher ranked opponents that you may or may not be ready for. Conversely if you have a huge hype compared to your opponent then you will make smaller gains when you win, but much larger drops when you lose to a lower hyped opponent.

Ok, I get this. What about popularity, what does it do for a fighter? I'm guessing it generates more interest/higher revenue for an org, but what about the fighter?

How does hype compare to popularity, which would you rather have more of?