K-1 Brainstorming thread

WarMachine

I started a thread in the Fight Organisations forum to link some K-1 orgs as I see that K-1 doesn't get the love it deserves.

The way I see K-1 (KT in game) is.

1. The premier org is Dynasty in Tokyo. They have some of the best strikers in game. We need an org to rival this in a different city.

2. I think all we need is 1 org in each city that is purely K-1. I'd recommend maybe 135-155, 170-205 and 265-265+ weight class to start with. That's what Dynasty did.

3. We see K-1 tournaments in game and they are always openweight. People always create Hw or Shw. We need more lighter tournaments.

4. When a player signs up, are they aware of K-1 rule fights?

I will do my best to put K-1 on the map, I need several managers who can help us change thee way KT is done.

Solutions

1. KT to be advertised more by the game, in Wiki, start up, and maybe a KT forum just for KT.

2. One KT org in each city

I love K-1 its great, Mike went and implemented it cos we wanted it, let's do it justice.

I've put this here so that we as a community can get behind it and push it forward.

Let's start talking, we all have ideas. We all want the best experience.

• Upvote 1

the thing is i dont think new players would understand it much more experienced guys would, the thing is K1 Orgs are usually only specific weight classes i dont see why they can use all the weight classes mma use wouldnt that be better meaning more fighters instead of being weight restricted?

The game is facing declining amount of managers and therefore fighters (altho recent increase to the fighter amount cap helped). That means that the future amount of orgs will need to be lower than in the past, so adding new orgs may not work simply because there arent enough fighters who would be interested to fight in them.

maybe the existing orgs could add K1

And why should they? Most orgs, from what I have seen, already struggle with amount of fighters. Dilluting them into new divisions is just not reasonable. Besides, if there was a profit behind it they would have already done it.

I have been in a couple of K1 orgs and what generally happens is that a number of fighters come in and then there eventually becomes no one left to fight.

Bringing new blood into K1 organisations is vital.

K1 is useful to learn stand up and clinch sliders so would be useful for a new player to have a got at with one fighter.

Maybe part of the new user guide could be to create a K1 fighter with some hints and tips?

• Upvote 1

I want to have KT fights in my org but I don't like how they have to be separate KT only events. Its too hard to consistently fill KT events so my idea was to allow events to have both KT and MMA matchups. Just add a KT checkbox beside the matchup. There are promotions in Japan that have KT and MMA together in the same event on one night.

Maybe that would make it too hard to separate MMA and KT hype calculations though. I like the idea but my thread didn't generate any interest so I guess it's not wanted?

people know about K-1 its just no one is really interested. Its just stand up and bang and leaves very little slider control over the fight. It would require a person really to put out vast sums of cash into it sign top fighters to K-1 and i really don't see anyone with that sorta cash willing to take the risk.

I want to have KT fights in my org but I don't like how they have to be separate KT only events. Its too hard to consistently fill KT events so my idea was to allow events to have both KT and MMA matchups. Just add a KT checkbox beside the matchup. There are promotions in Japan that have KT and MMA together in the same event on one night.

Maybe that would make it too hard to separate MMA and KT hype calculations though. I like the idea but my thread didn't generate any interest so I guess it's not wanted?

Mike said this wasn't possible if kt and mma hype are seperate.

lol and have 200 players play it? Because that's about how many people on this site seem to have any interest....

im sure it wont just be people from mma tycoon haha however it probably wont be as much as mma tycoon has

Hey ! Finaly after 2 years of playing that game i finaly decide to wrote down the forum ...

I was really fan of the K1 things coming up... and i've been fighting with 2 fighters in Dynasti ... It could have worked but it didn't ...

I won't help as much as you already did it with the topic, but I'm just assuming that i'm loving having less sliders to hold and do some nasty " stand & bang" ...

Btw since dynasti is being sold i've got a young fighter struggling to get fight here. if any of you got a K1 org that would like to sign him ..

Ping Pong (165934,

Anyway, hopefully a big k1 org will invest on those events, to help mediocre managers to improve the standup ... as i do need to do !

I remember when Dynasty first opened. I fought on the 3rd event. It was all new back than.

The concept was you followed the rules and got a bonus because the sliders were mma sliders and the dude built that org from scratch and it's a credit to the new owners that its still here and doing well.

We need 2 or 3 orgs to rival that.

Its not easy but a dedicated K-1 org can be a success if its promoted right and people know about it.

If someone wants to open a K-1 org based in a city, like Amsterdam that has been mentioned or London I'll work with you on it as a staff.

With hard work we could try and change the game.

I remember when Dynasty first opened. I fought on the 3rd event. It was all new back than.

The concept was you followed the rules and got a bonus because the sliders were mma sliders and the dude built that org from scratch and it's a credit to the new owners that its still here and doing well.

We need 2 or 3 orgs to rival that.

Its not easy but a dedicated K-1 org can be a success if its promoted right and people know about it.

If someone wants to open a K-1 org based in a city, like Amsterdam that has been mentioned or London I'll work with you on it as a staff.

With hard work we could try and change the game.

arent the current K1 orgs all weight restricted only a few weight classes?

because i was going to say i know some orgs like a K1 org i joined one of my fighters it was really restricted weight wise and if thats the case that reduces even more fighters where as if it was like the mma orgs where it has all the rest of the weight classes it may have more fighters

When K-1 was first added to the game I was really hyped about it but the initial excitment seems to have wained quite a lot. That said I do have 1 fighter in a KT org already and have 2 in Rio who are just trained to fight KT but have no Org home yet as want to put a few finishing touches on their physicals.

Recently I have been doing a lot more Wrestler builds then Striker's but I do like the KT guys a lot as they are much easier to build and maintain (no BJJ, GnP, TD, TDD, DG, Subs to build up just to survive a fight)

Getting more people to build them is the problem I can;t think of a great solution for though, for newer peeps it would be a good choice to get a bit of expriance but its hard to get that message out unless you are mentoring someone and tell them directly.

Im a fan of k-1 and i just think that there just isn't much reward in making a kt fighter. For one the fighter pay just isn't that good. I haven't had a top kt fighter from what I've seen kt guys dont earn much. Plus there are no trophies for kt fighters. So, even if you become #1 p4p you wouldn't see it in your fighter's page. There's no motivating factor to make a kt fighter. The main question is "why should you make one?".

The point of this thread is so I can gather up everyones ideas and present it to Mike.

So far everyone has said that basically there's not enough fighters.

Why is there not enough fighters?

That's what I'm trying to get at.

How can we get the KT side of things appealing to more people.

So far a good one is

Trophies for KT

I think the QFC Tournaments should have KT that way Managers who click who are curious about KT will find out.

Or am I just pissing in the wind with this?