Highest Merch cut from event?

your getting a shitty deal really -- hell i make that with lower tier orgs not even filling out entire fight cards -- and when i mean shitty deal i mean the split -- you should be at least 50/50 split -- i would say higher than that but not getting at least 50/50 is a shitty deal -- cbd for you though (but could be you not knowing also)

im averaging around 20 to 40k and this is super low org with no hype and not even getting full fight cards on a 50/50 split -- before eec i was with Ascension Contenders and was getting 40 to 60k still being lower tier org on 50/50 spilt

Thanks for the concern but i have no problems with our deal, i know he hasn't the best of reputations around here but have been in his org for a while and worked well with him. as i am making extra money i dont really mind how much i am making. all the money does is get recycled into sponsors or design orders haha

For those saying a 50/50 split minimum there are some things to consider. If you do not have any merchant partner you get $2.5 per ticket sold. With a 50/50 split many orgs would not earn even that much, so they are actually losing money by having that partner. You want the % to be so that the org at a minimum gets that much or there is no point in having the partner in the 1st place. With Smaswear when I owned ONI it was set so that the profit above that number was 50/50. That way we both had similar gains with our partnership. The suggested % by the system typically ends up to be about that rate.

For those saying a 50/50 split minimum there are some things to consider. If you do not have any merchant partner you get $2.5 per ticket sold. With a 50/50 split many orgs would not earn even that much, so they are actually losing money by having that partner. You want the % to be so that the org at a minimum gets that much or there is no point in having the partner in the 1st place. With Smaswear when I owned ONI it was set so that the profit above that number was 50/50. That way we both had similar gains with our partnership. The suggested % by the system typically ends up to be about that rate.

i think your confused on the 2.50 part -- if they have a partnership they get all the food and drink which is roughly 2.50 per person in attendance -- not if they dont have a partnership

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Merchandise_Partners

Merchandise partnerships are between fight organizations and nutrition companies or clothing companies.

Clothing/nutrition companies can approach one org to be their event merchandise provider for a set period of time. The org will be the party who accepts / rejects this partnership.

One partnership per company.

Once the partnership is in place, when an org has an event the merchandise sales will be broken down into two portions. 'Food & Drink' and 'Merchandise'.

The org will take all income from Food & Drink which will be roughly $2.50 per person in attendance.

The merchandise portion will be split between the org and the partner company at a predetermined percentage (set when you send the partnership offer).

In terms of purchases at the event, people who have paid for a ticket will spend more on merchandise, so papering events will no longer bring in as much income from merchandise. Those people still spend the same as everyone else on food and drink but as they are not hardcore fans, they are less likely to buy merchandise.

The higher the clothing/nutrition company's hype, the more sales you will get. For more on how clothing and nutrition company hype is calculated, click here.

If a fighter is sponsored by the same sponsor as the event sponsor and thanks them in a post fight interview (only given to winners), that will generate further merchandise sales. This is a fairly significant part of the merchandise sales so you should try and sponsor fighters on the card, if you are an event sponsor.

Suitable Percentages

If you are a low hyped nutrition or clothing company a suitable percentage for you would be about 10-20% with 80-90% going to the org. If you are a high hyped company, you can justify around the 50% mark.

Events with no partnership

If your org runs an event without a merchandise partner, you will still sell generic merchandise - just not as much as you would do if you had a partner. A partnership with a low hyped company will sell a bit more total merchandise, so any company is better than none - just give them a very low percentage of sales as they are getting that percentage of total sales, not of extra sales they bring in.

Also try and make sure they sponsor fighters on the card and get those fighters to mention their sponsors.

Costs

There is no cost to either company and at present the sales are not taken from your actual stock.

• Upvote 1

My highest was as Hell's Balls. We did the 90k arena in LA and I got the hype up before the event.

I don't remember the exact number, but ballpark 500k in merch sales

Yeah I forgot about that. I bought HBCC right after that lol I knew I had seen someone around that number.

i think your confused on the 2.50 part -- if they have a partnership they get all the food and drink which is roughly 2.50 per person in attendance -- not if they dont have a partnership

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Merchandise_Partners

Before Mike added merchant partnerships you got $2.50 from food/drinks and $2.50 from merchandise for a total of $5 per ticket. When Mike added partners he made it so nothing changed if you weren't able to partner with a merchant. If you were able to find a merchant partner then that formula takes over and you can share a much larger sales number. While he said having no partner would be $2.50 per ticket it actually is off by a few dollars since the change, but it is a negligible amount.

As an example my second event with QFCT I didn't link up with a partner yet. We sold 400 tickets. Oddly enough both numbers fell short of $2.5 per seat, but they were still rather close to each other.

Food & Drink: $984

Merchandise: $936

A better example since it is a more hyped event just before I signed with QFClothing is QFCT 35. We sold 3783 tickets and gave away 1100. I didn't have a partner, but merchandise sales were actually slightly higher than food sales this time. Not enough higher to matter, but enough to show they basically are the same value without a merchant partner. Strangely enough both numers are still just a tad bit lower than $2.50 per seat.

Food & Drink: $11,953

Merchandise: $12,067