This would fix tickers

ajperok

This is in the improvements thread, and there is a discussion. I fully believe this is the right direction to fix the time tickers consume, and still retain the reason they are here.

I am hoping we can put our normal differences aside, and look at this idea, because I really think it can be tweaked to make the ticker idea really work and solve most, if not all of the current complaints.

Depending on your fighters age, aptitudes, skill points and perhaps hiddens every fighter would have a certain weekly requirement to avoid tickers from kicking in.

For example:

At age 18 when you are unskilled you would likely have zero requirements

At age 20 you might see:

- You require 2 maintenance sessions to retain physicals

- You require 1 maintenance session to retain primaries

- You require 1 maintenance session to retain secondaries

Using the 3 skill areas already in place: physicals,primaries and secondaries – I suggest we create a general training category for each area. The training session wouldn’t increase any skills, but it would keep the tickers frozen. Whether it would need a coach or not, I don’t know. That is aside from the idea.

As the fighters age and add more skill points requirements would become more stringent.

At age 22 when fighters are starting to get Elite you might see:

- You require 3 maintenance sessions to retain physicals

- You require 2 maintenance sessions to retain primaries

- You require 2 maintenance sessions to retain secondaries

So in your 12 training spots you would have to set those 7 maintenance sessions. As long as you had them, there would be no declines. It would be semi-permanent, meaning you would not have to check on it often. Maybe every game year they would get updated or something along that line?

Now as you can see, you have less actual training sessions remaining to increase skills, but on the other hand your not jumping around trying to keep things from decreasing either. By the time your in “your prime” you might only have a handful of training sessions available to increase skills so some decisions would need to be made. (In which case, I think we would need an IGNORE SKILL option, which would allow you to ignore an individual skill and let it decline outside of your protected areas, to maybe open up more room for growth… after all, you don’t have to train cardio, or elbows etc)

Eventually, as fighters age this would play a part in their retirement.

At age 35 you might see:

- You require 7 maintenance sessions to retain physicals

- Your require 4 maintenance sessions to retain primaries

- You require 5 maintenance sessions to retain secondaries

Knowing there are only 12 training sessions per week, aging would now be a factor. Tickers would be creeping back in, you could choose to fight them off in some areas, but you would have a realistic aging process.

This isn’t perfect, but I think it is a good start to solving a lot of the issues we have with the ticker process, too uber of fighters and aging. It would also be easily tweakable by Mike. If a year from now fighters were still too strong, or not aging it could allow for a relatively fair tweaking.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I think the amount of increase per year should be slowed a tad. Other than that it is a decent idea. I don't like the idea that by the time your fighter reaches 35 your fighter is basically dead in the water. It would basically mean fighters would be sacked by 30ish, which is unrealistic in terms of the MMA real world. I think your on the right track, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and see if it helps...

• Upvote 2

I think the amount of increase per year should be slowed a tad. Other than that it is a decent idea. I don't like the idea that by the time your fighter reaches 35 your fighter is basically dead in the water. It would basically mean fighters would be sacked by 30ish, which is unrealistic in terms of the MMA real world. I think your on the right track, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and see if it helps...

you can sack your fighter at 26yo if you dont look tickers.

Well you can sack him at 20yo if you don't look tickers , he will never improve enough.

• Downvote 1

I never said anything about not liking the tickers. I actually don't mind them the way that they are. I realize others don't agree so I am willing to compromise as long as it does not make things worse than they already are. I for one would not mind if they stayed the way that they are. It just takes a little extra time to plan training, what I do is set them up each night for the next day if the tickers are hard to maintain, never have any problems with it. But again, IF we had to make some sort of change to the system, and that is a big IF I think this idea is close as I stated in the previous post.

My main issue with tickers is that is does nothing to introduce fighter diversity, nor does it effectively stop people from pulling an elite/elite/elite/black. The problem I would have implementing this is that there is no assurances that this would solve those two main issues. The only thing I could see this change really introducing, is that once fighters start to reach 35, they will start becoming ineffective. I really don't see the point in that, as 35 year olds are not the problem in this game. There are sensational/sensational/wonderful/brown 22-23 year olds - so why do we need to attack the elderly?

I don't throw this word around very often, but tickers are definitely a quagmire. All of these over complicated and 'objectiveless' solutions aren't going to fix any of the problems. Plus to top it all off, your solution doesn't begin to address time consumption - which is a huge ticker issue.

So three major ticker issues:

Fighter diversity - no

Maxed fighters - maybe (they won't be when they hit 35 anyways, but before that?)

Time consumption- no

What I really see this change doing is stopping fighters from becoming dominant for long periods of time. I don't think this is the issue that needs to be addressed.

There is no solution for tickers - just removal. A total skill cap is the only way the issues that tickers attempted to correct, will be fixed.

• Upvote 3

My main issue with tickers is that is does nothing to introduce fighter diversity, nor does it effectively stop people from pulling an elite/elite/elite/black. The problem I would have implementing this is that there is no assurances that this would solve those two main issues. The only thing I could see this change really introducing, is that once fighters start to reach 35, they will start becoming ineffective. I really don't see the point in that, as 35 year olds are not the problem in this game. There are sensational/sensational/wonderful/brown 22-23 year olds - so why do we need to attack the elderly?

I don't throw this word around very often, but tickers are definitely a quagmire. All of these over complicated and 'objectiveless' solutions aren't going to fix any of the problems. Plus to top it all off, your solution doesn't begin to address time consumption - which is a huge ticker issue.

So three major ticker issues:

Fighter diversity - no

Maxed fighters - maybe (they won't be when they hit 35 anyways, but before that?)

Time consumption- no

What I really see this change doing is stopping fighters from becoming dominant for long periods of time. I don't think this is the issue that needs to be addressed.

There is no solution for tickers - just removal. A total skill cap is the only way the issues that tickers attempted to correct, will be fixed.

A+ sir. :notworthy: