Why No Tycoon Times

boberticus11

Seems to me there's not enough interest, even the editors jumped ship from the lack of hits. I can get more traffic on a fandangled youtube video of me scratching my ass. How are the numbers so low when every edition an automated message gets sent to 6500 people??

I blame the awkward fat page width that scares people off. Should at least say at the top 'you can fit it perfectly on 1 page if you zoom out' :D

actually there are a lot of articles between everything submitted -- as i said i had it set up days ago but no other admin has submitted also so it would get published -- usually brotherhec is quick on submitting one i get it finished but he hasnt been online thus reason it was published -- i didnt feel like bothering mike cause after a day or so some of the previews were no longer previews the shows had done run -- there is plenty of stuff though -- maybe we should look to add an admin or two to help publish -- hopefully will get it out tomorrow once i finish redoing it with new stuff

actually its done just waiting on another editor to agree on publishing it --------- also what do you like more previews / reviews or fighter profiles and so on? -- only problem with fighter profiles and such are most of time not much thought or work is put into them -- they are very short and honestly not worth publishing -- but would like to get ideas what people like more

also sorry boberticus11 but the gamma event done run -- it was on there but removed since its already ran -- even had my fighter denke in it too -- hopefully next one gets on in time

also here are some examples of what i mean when i say stories are short and more could be put into them

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=809

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=799

the above two are just very short nothing in them really

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=776

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=801

the above two just have more to them -- sorry not trying to hijack the thread just trying to show some examples cause i always get pm's why wasnt my article published -- the first two im not saying are worthless but just more could be put into them -- then again not everyone can be creative myself included in that statement

also if your interested in becoming an editor for tycoon times give me a pm on it

I don't think the layout of it really has much bearing on whether people view it or not. The fact is that people just don't want to read about events/fighters that dont concern them.

For me, the Tycoon Times automated message goes straight in the bin, because I don't really care to read about events that I'm not involved in... and the ones that I am involved in I already know about because org owners send out mails with event previews/reviews. I would bet that a lot of people feel the same way.

I feel like the entire concept (as it stands right now) is doomed to fail.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the layout of it really has much bearing on whether people view it or not. The fact is that people just don't want to read about events/fighters that dont concern them.

That's pretty much right on the money. I feel like it would receive more views if it were altered from "Previews and fighter interviews" to a greater focus on tips, tricks, and sliders. Like Lance Templeton's corner...where they lay out some recent strategies that have worked, and one's that haven't.

That's pretty much right on the money. I feel like it would receive more views if it were altered from "Previews and fighter interviews" to a greater focus on tips, tricks, and sliders. Like Lance Templeton's corner...where they lay out some recent strategies that have worked, and one's that haven't.

This

i agree here -- problem there is getting managers input on how or what they do -- that isnt going to be easy to do -- lol

I just saw this thread.

I have to take some responsibility on it not being published. I do apologize for this. I know how long it takes to write previews/reviews/interviews as i have done them for Blitz for a while now. The past while real life has just kicked up and so i had to focus on that. I do ask for your forgiveness on that.

IT does take two editors to submit an edition. Currently all the editors if im right, are busy as well. Just bad luck i guess. Its good to know that people miss the times though. Its a great part of this game we play i think. It lets you know about many events. I would prefer to see more colorful stories in there personally but im fine with whatever goes in. I like the fact that people take it serious enough to post in it.

All that aside, i promise you will not see this editor fail you again.

~BrotherHec

You tried getting info out that man? I swear hes jack bauer in disguise. No amount of interigation gets any info out of him.

i joke lance is cool.

• 3 weeks later...