Plane...Hijacked?

Well, I have a weird Q. I've sent fighter from LA to Tokyo few minutes past 12 my time. Table with flights says it takes 6 hours - but now its over 7 hours, and he still aint in Tokyo. Few guys on chat said that plane was hijacked - I don't believe it, and they prolly just kidding, but I get really scared and paranoic...so...is that real? Can plane get hijacked during flight? X.x

• Upvote 7

• 1 year later...

I hope passports were checked against the Interpol database before the flight.

As far as cell phones ringing that is to be expected. When a call enters a cell providers network it will give ring tone if the number is actually assigned to their network or the last provider to own the number is them, as it gives ring tone it will then go and hunt for the particular subscriber. Based on what it finds in the database it'll either then transfer to a recording or keep ringing until it hits the amount of alert time configured then goto voice mail.

should just track some iphones or some shit im sure it can be done

It's a not feature in the current ioS, the "track me when I'm on a crashed airplane in the water" feature may be put into ioS 8.

Not only is the potential hijack bad but you never know when a flights transponder turns off and it just keeps flying. You are probably better driving to your fights.