The Eminence 135 Tourney

Apparently I made the bracket to large for Imgur and it got cropped. It's still there in photoshop so when we get to that point, I'll just shift it over.

KO and Sub is based partly on speed, fight rating, and when I do them, mainly my opinion. IE how flashy or devastating it appears in text.

FOTN is the longest 100% rated fight, the highest rated and closest fight, or both.

-Edit

It should be noted that CGrace has been doing them for awhile now, and his criteria may or may not be different.

Seriously? Really? Sure seems they've been given out by fight rating. Boyka/Dinoo gets 3 sub of the nights over my fighter eh? Sorry, but I call B.S.

I have been handing out the awards as I always did when I did them when I still had Reach. I made the criteria easy to understand then, and will do so again now.

FOTN - Is the longest 100% rated fight of the card. Obviously if there are no 100% rated fights it would be the closest to being at 100%.

SOTN - Is the shortest and highest rated submission of the card. An obvious exception being if someone was getting a beatdown for 3 rounds and pulled off a come from behind sub.

KOTN - Is the same as SOTN.

I assure I have no bias on who gets the awards, and to be completely honest I haven't gotten to know which fighter is managed by whom with Eminence as I did in Reach. I look at the fights, and the fights alone when I select them. I promise you I didn't even realize until I came to this thread today that Dinooo had received 3 SOTN awards. That's how much attention I've given them from card to card. But for shits and giggles let's look at those cards just to prove my innocence...

eM 135 : Round 1 - Part 2

Teller vs. O Reily - Ended 2:56 of Rd 1 - Fight rating of 40%

Eucliffe vs. Kersikov - Ended 3:32 of Rd 3 - Fight rating of 63%

So you can see that Kersikov had the higher rated fight rating, which is what I look at first and foremost. My thought being that the higher the rating the more the fans enjoyed the fight, and making it more likely to earn an OTN award.

eM 135 W Bracket: RD 2

O Reily vs. Huone - Ended 2:42 Rd 1 - Fight rating of 37%

Kersikov vs. Perish - Ended 2:22 Rd 1 - Fight rating of 46%

So Kersikov was actually the highest rated and quickest sub win on this card.

eM 135 W Bracket RD 3

O Reily vs. Funkyama - Ended 1:56 of Rd 1 - Fight rating of 88%

Winner vs. Kersikov - Ended 4:19 of Rd 2 - Fight rating of 37%

Now this one I will admit I fucked up. I'm not sure how that happened other then I selected the wrong fighter in the pull down menu. Thank you for catching that! I'll send O Reily his $10k and let it be known that he was the rightful SOTN winner for this card.

eM 135 W Bracket RD 3

O Reily vs. Funkyama - Ended 1:56 of Rd 1 - Fight rating of 88%

Winner vs. Kersikov - Ended 4:19 of Rd 2 - Fight rating of 37%

Now this one I will admit I fucked up. I'm not sure how that happened other then I selected the wrong fighter in the pull down menu. Thank you for catching that! I'll send O Reily his $10k and let it be known that he was the rightful SOTN winner for this card.

I'll be docking your pay for this Grace. Unacceptable!

I'll be docking your pay for this Grace. Unacceptable!

Obvious Dinooo nuthuggery. Shame on you cgrace.

I've shamed the TGC house and name. I shall now commit Seppuku.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r519/michael_grady1/samurai-suicide-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've shamed the TGC house and name. I shall now commit Seppuku.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r519/michael_grady1/samurai-suicide-smiley-emoticon.gif

You know where you are welcome. Door is always open.

@CGrace... I know we talked in private but wanted to say thanks again.

Also much respect to Horacio Vanderbeet and manager Firus on going through the L bracket and making it this far. Definitely still a threat to win it all and what a story that would be coming back from losing his first fight. Congrats on the bounty as well.

Good luck in the next rounds everyone.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b18.jpg

''My name is the 'arbinger, 'oracio Vanderbeet. When I lost my first bout, critics 'ad the world believing that I 'ad no 'ope in the world of winning this tournament. But now, 'ere I stand, amidst the final six of the million dollar Eminence 135 tournament. This means that the critics are, 'ow you say .... dumb as 'orseshit, no? I 'ave now eliminated five consecutive individuals wit' five victories in a row. I would also like to claim my second bounty collection with the eliminatiion of the big talking Donovan Vick. It is never nice to refuse a man 'ope, so I allowed him a single body kick .... but after that, it was only business. Nothing personal, Mr. Vick. I will also make sure to t'ank this Shady Island alliance for making me even richer man than I would 'ave been by simply winning the tournament, yes? I only 'ave two regrets. First, that Life Tourney 'as already been eliminated, and I will be unable to collect 'is bounty as well, and that Mr. Vick was so quick to go to sleep that I was unable to collect another submission victory as I would 'ave preferred. I apologise. I 'ad not realised I was 'itting you so 'ard.

Profits from tournament - 100k and counting.''

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to IrishX and Duphus making it to the finals. Dinooo cut his guy loose, so no need for the losers bracket to finish up.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b18.jpg

''I disagree with this! I 'ave no doubt in my mind that when people think of the Eminence tournament, they shall remember most, the excellence and fortitude that the 'Arbinger 'Oracio Vanderbeet brought to the table after 'is first round loss. Five consecutive wins, five consecutive eliminations, two bounties collected! Was there a more exciting fighter in this tournament? I think not! I would like to take this chance to throw my name into the 'at and 'ave a rematch against Ryan O Reily for a shot at the finals. Or per'aps even a two out of three set of fights, if that would appease the masses more, and would assure against protest if I were to move in to the finals with still only a 1-1 record versus O Reily. But 'Oracio Vanderbeet sees an opportunity to jump back into the spotlight, and 'Oracio Vanderbeet will not back down from it!''

(Of course, I don't fully expect this to come to fruition, but either way, it's all in good fun.)

• 4 weeks later...

snapback.pngDaBest - Tim Key, on 14 October 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Team xXx Sponsorship

On behalf of my alliance (xXx) we are going to make a nice little donation as a sponsor for the tournament. We want people to know that we give back and that we aren't just about ourselves. We care about the community on here and hope everyone enjoys the tournament and the game.

- The Fighter with the Fastest Submission of the Tournament will receive $50,000

- The Fighter with the Most Submissions of the Tournament will receive $100,000

O'Reily had 4 submissions and I believe the fastest sub with 1:56 over Funkyama.

There is also a 50k bounty for eliminating Life Winner.

Congrats to Ruphus and The Gangster on winning the tournament and thank you everyone for donating the prizes.

• Upvote 1