145lbs QFC-KT division

DavyJones

I'm turning my 145 division into a Featherweight QFC-KT division. 25 yr old builds, no training, but you must be able to make weight @ 145lbs or under. To start I would run a KT event once per week (Wednesdays).

There are currently no QFC-KT orgs out there so I'm hoping there is a bit of a niche market there but this time it will only be for 145lbs and under.

I want to try something new for fighter pay. I'm thinking about a pay scale format based on fighter loyalty. For example 1st 5 fight contract would be 2.5k/2.5k/5k (renegotiated after the 4th fight), and the 2nd 5 fight contract would be 5k/5k/7.5k (renegotiated after the 8th fight) and continue up from there.

Fights 1-4 = 2.5k/2.5k/2.5k

Fights 5-8 = 5k/5k/5k

Fights 9-12 = 7.5k/7.5k/7.5k

Fights 13 and up = 10k/10k/10k

and so on... I'm hoping this will encourage long term commitment! If you fight once per week you could reach the next pay scale in a month. For right now I think I better set the cap @ 10k/10k/10k until I see how much profit the events will start pulling in. Pay will have to go to the fighter because paying the manager just sounds like way to much work for me.

I just starting thinking about this tonight so I'll probably come up with some new ideas in the next few days. Any comments or suggestions please let me know! Also let me know if you would be interested in creating a fighter for this it will help a lot in my decision to go through with it or not. I'd like to have 20 fighters for the first event.

I'm going to go ahead and kickstart the 145lbs QFC-KT division. I'm confident that more people will join in and we will be able to run a KT event soon. We also just crossed the 200k fighter ID mark so I figure now would be a good time to start creating fighters.

Remember to make them KT builds (keep in mind that wrestling can still be a viable primary for clinchwork), also make them 25 years old and make sure you can make weight at 145lbs. When I send out contracts I will check the "No Training" option so training for that fighter will be blocked and injury times are cut in half!

I'd still like to get a few more fighters on board so we can schedule the first event ASAP! Events will run on Wednesdays and you can fight every week if your fighter has full energy and is injury free.

So go ahead and create your fighter and let me know when your ready for the contract!

Massive disadvantage? The point of 25 yr old QFC format is that every fighter is on a level playing field because nobody trains. It mostly comes down to hiddens and slider fu.

And it won't matter if the fighter is created now or months from now they can still be evenly matched up any time.

I know Funkyama made a QFC KT org awhile back and it didn't turn out well. I knew he's be right on top of this one. I had a fighter in that org then and I'm still supporting this now. I'll release a fighter for it. I'll let you know when it's done.

Yeah the first attempt at QFC-KT failed awhile back but I figured if it was just one division instead of a whole org based around it and only one event per week it could be made successful. I only really need 20-30 active fighters to keep it going at one event per week, that should be doable. Were up to 10 fighters now and I know there are a few more guaranteed to be coming soon.

Even though everyone has the same amount of overall skill I'd still like to try matching each fighter against another fighter who has done as well (or poorly) as himself but still avoid rematches whenever possible. The first couple events will run similar to an elimination tournament where winners will fight winners and losers will fight losers etc..

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. The 145lbs QFC-KT division is up to 21 fighters and our 3rd event will be in 4 hrs. Just wanted to let people know that the division is active, growing and will continue to hold events every Wednesday. If your fighter can avoid injury you can fight as much as once a week!

As promised, 5 fighters have been bumped up to the next pay scale of 5k/5k/5k after their 4th fight. If you choose to keep fighting after 4 more fights pay will be bumped to 7.5k/7.5k/7.5k.

Some of the duds have been dumped and we could use a fresh crop of fighters. Create a 25 yr old, 145 lbs fighter for some QFC-KT action and PM me his ID for a contract.

• 1 month later...

The division is still active with a current roster of 18 fighters. A champion has been crowned and he is yet to taste defeat (9-0). Due to the high amount of injuries and fighters not being able to recover energy in time to fight once a week events are now once every two weeks. This will allow me to run full card events with almost the entire roster being healthy enough to fight each event.

I'd like to get a few more fighters signed up! Create a 145lbs, 25 yr old fighter and PM for a no training contract. Original contracts are still 5 fight, 2.5k/2.5k/2.5k and I renegotiate after the 4th fight. I had to limit the raises to 1k until the events start making a profit.

• 1 month later...

Still active. Currently there are 17 fighters with a healthy mix of veterans and new creations.

I'd like to recruit 3-5 more fighters so I can run full events.

Quick fight kickboxing, 145lbs, 25 yr old, no training, fight every 2 weeks guaranteed (unless injured)

Contracts start at 2.5k across with a raise every 4 fights but the raises wont be as much as originally planned due to profits not being as good as I expected. If your just looking for frequent fights without having to worry about ground game or training then this division is for you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're up to 17 fighters now, 8 fights are currently scheduled for QFC-KT XV on April 17th. There is one 0-0-0 fighter looking for an opponent, make a new creation now for an instant match up! Ideally I'd like to get 20 fighters total so we can run a full 10 match fight card for every event.

If you have a free fighter slot and are looking for a low maintenance alternative (no training allowed, all you do is set your sliders) create a 145lbs, 25 yr old kickboxer for a guaranteed fight once every 2 weeks.

145lbs QFC-KT Rankings:

1. Quentin Clericuzio 13-1-0 *CHAMPION*

2. Robert Smith 8-3-1

3. Kenji Kaburaki 7-4-0

4. Otto Cutts 4-3-0

5. Eddie Brock 6-8-0

6. Mario Maci 2-1-0

7. Sack Turds 4-4-0

8. Apachi Fairtex 1-0-0

9. Quasar Killer 2-1-0

10. Barry Hall 2-2-0

11. Joe Vitalli 1-0-0