Warning points

So what do these warning points mean? How many more do I have to earn?

You get them for being an assclown. You only got 3? Wow, someone hasnt been doing their job. I got zero! :winner: :shades:

Actually I just recieved my third one. I only had two before. I don't like GripGambler because of his air of self-righteousness and incompetence as a moderator. I'm not afraid to show that and I guess that's why he gave me the first two. This is what gave me the third one:

Why did you give me warning points? With no explanation? No reason at all?

The last warning I gave you was on 2-12-12.

I know. I'm asking why. You never gave any reason, not to me or to any of the other moderator. You never even made me aware. I've been worried about your competence and honesty before. So I can't say that I'm surprised. I would like for you to give me a reason or remove the warning points and issue me an apology.

I gave you a warning because you broke one of the forum rules. I have no idea what the exact situation was nor am I willing to try and dig it up (mostly because of your attitude). You will never receive an apology of any sort from me for any of my actions on this forum as they never have and never will require one.

Grip

What a load of nonsense. There's a section when you award the warning points to write out the details, yet for some reason it wasn't done. If you're not able to remember why you hand out warning points you should've written it down. Also if you give warning points maybe it's a good idea to actually warn the person so he has an idea of what he did wrong and is able to adjust. I'm sure that it's a coincidence that out of all of the moderators you're the one that gave me the warning points after I've called you out for some bad decision making in the past.That you just happen to forget why and didn't give a reason at the time is also a coincidence I'm sure. My attitude is not the problem, because it is appropriate to the way I've been treated. I have no problem with being sanctioned or warned as long as it's deserved. This way I had no way to adjust or even defend myself.

If you can't give a reason as to why I recieved the warning points, do the right thing and remove them and issue me an apology. It's not my fault that you forgot why. Either you're disingenuous or incompetent. Either way I want an apology.

Thank you for the lesson in moderating, I will take it into consideration. Have a nice day.

You're welcome. Apology accepted. Just don't let it happen again. This is the second time that I have to put you straight.

No, again that's not why i got the first two warning points. I just posted why I got the last one. Let's be honest it wasn't abusive and although he might have felt insulted it was very fair and truthful.

• Upvote 1

No, again that's not why i got the first two warning points. I just posted why I got the last one. Let's be honest it wasn't abusive and although he might have felt insulted it was very fair and truthful.

That is why you have received every warning point you have, not just the last one. "Let's be honest," my judgement matters when warning points are awarded, not yours. I let a lot of insulting on the forum slide (as long as it isn't personal or so incessant that we receive complaints about it) because people here prefer to speak in insults I guess. I will not, however, tolerate insulting or abusive language/words/tone/etc... to be directed towards anyone on the MMATycoon staff or moderation team. Whether it's myself, Mike, PBR, or anyone else, proportionate and increasing punishment will be given every time I see it.

As far as warning notes, if anyone who happens across this thread is curious.. In previous forum versions, when a warning was given, it required you to give a reason for the warning point and gave you the option to send the offending member a PM about the event if you wanted to with a separate note to them. As we have moved to the newer software version, it has changed the old system and converted the old "Note" to a "Note for moderators" and any PM you had it send to the member was converted to "Note for member" and is now kept track in the warning notes, rather than just being treated as a PM. Given the old way of operation, in that it didn't store your "Note for member" as a warning note, the moderation staff often chose to PM the member outside of the warning interface, tell them in the thread where the offense happened, or simply forego mentioning it (when the member did something they obviously knew they would be punished for, whether they admit to or not). So now everyone is aware, when you see notes from before the software update, remember, if there is nothing indicated, all it means is that you were not contacted through the warning interface. It does not mean that you weren't contacted at all, nor does it mean that the moderation staff isn't aware of the warning.

Another quick note: "Notes for moderators" are just that, notes for the moderation staff. No member on the forum is entitled to know the contents of this section under any circumstance, so do not attempt to demand to see this. I'm letting the one in this thread stay for context purposes, but in the future do not expect to see it mentioned.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1