fighters into coaches

lilb223

if you have a fighter thats 30 and is ready to retire if you own a gym you should be able to hirer him has a coach and if he is you fighter you should be able to pay him less and you could add fighters that turn into coaches could hav more or less advantage from learning from them

• Upvote 2

All fighters, not just those of gym owners, should be able to work as coaches (and corner men when that is brought in). However, I hope it isn't like PAs where it wastes a fighter slot to have a coach or a corner man on your roster.

All fighters, not just those of gym owners, should be able to work as coaches (and corner men when that is brought in). However, I hope it isn't like PAs where it wastes a fighter slot to have a coach or a corner man on your roster.

I'm afraid that it will have to be so... Probably in the interest of game balance. Can't have people filling their gyms with retired fighters while still having a full roster. Although I think that it's a great idea. I suspect that Mike would prefer not to see that be the case. Personally I think that would help bring costs of operating a gym down somewhat.

Why can't people be filling gyms with retired fighters? If they need to pay them a salary, what would the issue be?

It is pretty stupid as it is that I need to waste a fighter slot on my PA when I already paid VIP days to retire him. It is making me pay twice. If you do the same with corner men and coaches, you'll end up having no slots left for actual fighters.

Why can't people be filling gyms with retired fighters? If they need to pay them a salary, what would the issue be?

It is pretty stupid as it is that I need to waste a fighter slot on my PA when I already paid VIP days to retire him. It is making me pay twice. If you do the same with corner men and coaches, you'll end up having no slots left for actual fighters.

I personally have no issues with it. I am just saying that there could be a potential game balance issue maybe. It would have to be looked at a bit closer. Frankly, I like it as long as when a fighter retires to become a coach ha cannot come back later on to start fighting again. Although I wouldn't really have any problem with that either. It could be another (not exactly optimal) way to raise those primaries... :)

Yeah, I have no problem with saying once a guy is retired, he is retired for good.

If we didn't want gym owners to be picking up veterans, retiring them, then putting them to work in the gym, you could easily put a limit on how many retired fighters someone has. Give standard users one retired fighter slot and VIP users three slots. These slots can be used in any combination for coaches, corner men, or personal assistants. They do not count as one of the regular fighter slots.

If a gym wants more coaches in his gym than he can provide on his own, then he needs to offer a contract to a retired fighter to coach in his gym.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I have no problem with saying once a guy is retired, he is retired for good.

If we didn't want gym owners to be picking up veterans, retiring them, then putting them to work in the gym, you could easily put a limit on how many retired fighters someone has. Give standard users one retired fighter slot and VIP users three slots. These slots can be used in any combination for coaches, corner men, or personal assistants. They do not count as one of the regular fighter slots.

If a gym wants more coaches in his gym than he can provide on his own, then he needs to offer a contract to a retired fighter to coach in his gym.

Now this is a good way of doing this I think. Although three might be a bit low for a VIP. Especially considering that a non-VIP can't do it at all because you have to pay VIP days to make a fighter into an assistant or what-have-you... I think, honestly that four would be a good starting number and allow people to buy additional slots up to the same number that you can have of fighters. Which, currently, is 20.

Yeah, the number I picked was pretty random and just decided in about 30 seconds.

As for non-VIPs having one slot, I don't think it would be too much to ask to allow them to retire one guy without using VIP days. However, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if it wasn't allowed.

If hiring retired fighters at a reduced price there has to be some downside in comparison to regular coaches. Otherwise, the best managers will retire and hold a full gym of elite cheap coaches. If it doesn't take up a fighter slot or have any downside or disadvantage then it's another thing to make the top managers better at a cheaper price. So the ones with the money will be saving more money and the ones without the money and private training will still have to pay regular coaches inflated prices for worse overcrowded training.

There has to be some downside or instead of an improvement this will just be another thing to further seperate the gap between private training and public training. I think private training should be better, but at a higher cost... not lower cost.

Just an idea, why not bid on retired coaches.

So for example, I see an elite wrestling coach and I'm looking for a a coach for takedowns. So just like an org owner sends a fighter a contract, a gym sends a retired fighter a contract. Now the manager himself has the choice to accept or wait for a larger offer. Now to make this fair so managers don't just retire spar bots and hire their own spar bots for $1 signing bonus and a $1 weekly pay, instead there are skill/pay ratios that determine the quality of training that fighter will teach.

Say a 70/30 ratio. So 70 percent will be based on the fighters skill in that primary/secondary or both and the 30 percent will be based on his motivation or morale that goes alongside pay. So if I'm paying a standard single elite coaches salary to this single elite fighter then his morale will most likely be happy and he'll give elite training. If I offer the elite coach a $1 contract then off the bat he'll lost 30 percent of off of that elite training due to low morale.

Just something to expand on the idea, because I really think retiring a fighter and hiring him as your gym coach for cheaper will only benefit those privately trainined beast who can hit elite easily, retire and then become a cheap coach without taking up a fighter slot.

If fighters become coaches, I don't think they should be doing regular training. They should be teaching Sunday seminars or leading sparring sessions. They shouldn't be doing something that is already being done by CPU coaches.

If fighters become coaches, I don't think they should be doing regular training. They should be teaching Sunday seminars or leading sparring sessions. They shouldn't be doing something that is already being done by CPU coaches.

I would be fine with that as well, I was just going off the OP's idea.

I would be fine with that as well, I was just going off the OP's idea.

No worries. I agree with your main point. Retired fighters, regardless of how they are implemented, should not be cheaper than CPU coaches. As you said, it would widen the gap between the haves and have nots.

A variation on your idea would be a personality hidden. Some retired fighters would prefer working with superstars, others would receive more personal satisfaction from training amateurs, while others would have very little interest in coaching at all. Technically, any retired fighter could become a coach, but their salary demands could vary based on this personality hidden.

I know it's too late in the game for this, but it would be nice if the ONLY coaches you could hire were retired fighters. there would be zero randomly named Elite Coaches. It would help to reinstate the fog of war that used to exist in regard to training efficiency since you wouldn't know the exact quality of the coaching, and therefore wouldn't know your exact gains/learning speed. Is this guy a slow learner, or is it because the coach is a low Sensational instead of a high Sensational?

Not sure how you would divvy up the coaches. If you had to bid on them, the best coaches would go to the people with the most money. Fist come, first served isn't quite fair either.

i think you should only be able to hire your own retired fighters but if there was the retierd fighter list you could buy on like a sighing fee but sence he is a fighter not a legit coach he would probly need a disadvantage or advantage depending on how good the fighter really is plus the hidden stuff like punching kicking sub offence could play a factor to

i think you should only be able to hire your own retired fighters but if there was the retierd fighter list you could buy on like a sighing fee but sence he is a fighter not a legit coach he would probly need a disadvantage or advantage depending on how good the fighter really is plus the hidden stuff like punching kicking sub offence could play a factor to

If you could only hire your own retired fighters, this would give a massive advantage to experienced managers who have been around for more than two years. Newer managers who want to run gyms wouldn't be able to compete.

thats true and the idea for them leading sparing or teaching special classes dosnt sound bad either aslong as you can put them in your gym or some one els gym to help would be cool another idea is you could hire them to help certain fighters with up coming fights to boost moral or some training technique

If hiring retired fighters at a reduced price there has to be some downside in comparison to regular coaches. Otherwise, the best managers will retire and hold a full gym of elite cheap coaches. If it doesn't take up a fighter slot or have any downside or disadvantage then it's another thing to make the top managers better at a cheaper price. So the ones with the money will be saving more money and the ones without the money and private training will still have to pay regular coaches inflated prices for worse overcrowded training.

There has to be some downside or instead of an improvement this will just be another thing to further seperate the gap between private training and public training. I think private training should be better, but at a higher cost... not lower cost.

thats why i said there could be disadvantages or advantages because there not legit coaches