Ace of Spades: Ace of the Month!!

Ace of Spades in New York is bringing to you its newest idea in promotional innovation.........Ace of the Month!!!

Q: What is Ace of the Month???

A: Well Ace of the Month will a different fighter every month that will be the face of Ace of Spades for that entire month.

Q: What does the fighter get for being Ace of the Month???

A: Ace of the Month will be featured in our Main logo on our company page. They will also receive a $5000 30-Day sponsorship for that month. Plus an article (Bio or Q&A) written about the fighter that will be sent in to the Tycoon Times as well as being posted on this thread.

Q: How does my fighter become Ace of the Month???

A: To become fighter of the month we at Ace of Spades would like you to tell us why your fighter should be Ace of the Month. It can be something short and simple or something long and elaborate. Right before the beginning of the new month we will decide who the best candidate is and inform you through a PM. Every fighter is eligible to become Ace of the Month.

Our very first Ace of the Month will be for January of 2013. So if you would like to be the very first Ace of the Month tell us why your fighter should be the face of our company!!!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/7/7w27.jpg

"Kid Stardust" Hank Chinaski

9-2-0 (W-L-D)

25 years, Heavyweight

Noone? Alright, then i throw in my very favourite, not the best though, fighter from my stable... he's not one of the top notch guys who would deserve this, but anyways.

He is dumb as bread (don't remember exactly, IQ something in the 80-90 region), but heavy heavy handed... struggled with weight quite a while cause of being a lazy fuck, but after nearly getting knocked out by the sauna once (and later on by his opponent in some seconds) i helped him to overcome this, well, me and Happy Pills Rio. Maybe his alcohol and cigarrette addiction also helped. Now better than ever!

He fights at UPG Vegas in the maybe deepest/balanced HW division in Tycoon and he is there to stay and shatter some more noses.

He is a poet (alter ego of Charles Bukowski) and a former unsuccessfull boxer where his nickname "Kid Stardust" is hailing from (-> Charles Bukowski - "Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse"). Once was ktfo by a zen master (Charles Bukowski - "The great zen wedding").

He has 7 kids from 8 women, so he wouldn't say no to a fine sponsorship deal. Doomed to stay in the shadow of his older brother Henry from the JLP stable, but doesn't give a fuck.

He has nice hair and the ladies love him... see?

http://www.tonypierce.com/images/buk/bukowskiwithjunki.jpg

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w2.jpg

Gim "The Jester" Ruut (14-4)

Well, Gim Ruut got his name after Slipknot's Jim Root and also his nickname. Anyway, he started his career in slow mode, 3 months just doing cardio because he was lazy and he could be way much better today if it wasn't for those times. He made his debut 1 year ago and went in a 9 fight win streak with the GPG 135 title on his waist. Then he lost a great fight by Cut and lost the rematch later.. After a couple wins he decided to move to one of the most crowded divisions: 145lbs in the Wild Den. He only faced top guys there and already fought for the title before. His next fight is against the new champion in the last card of the year and he hopes to get his 2nd career title. Being Ace of the Month would meant a lot to the guy and he hopes to begin next year looking well in the Tycoon Times and with a new belt around him. He pretty much knows that it's all a matter of time.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to VK for getting things started.

Both guys so far are great candidates for Ace of the Month. There is still plenty of time for everyone to throw your fighter's name into the mix.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w11.jpg

Rodrigo "Scary Skilled" Oliveira (3-2-1)

He deserves to be the Ace of the Month because he simply tricks his opponents in ways no other fighter can. First, the announcer plants the seed of fear in his opponent's heart/mind/soul while reading his ridiculous nickname. "Is he really THAT skilled?" "Is he going to steamroll me?", many wonder as they tremble in fear. Second, he tricks his adversaries during the fight with elusive, unusual and innovative tactics, or have you ever read about any other fighter pulling guard after rocking an opponent with punches? Truly an Ace.

Cheers. (Sorry for possible mistakes, English is not my first language).

• Upvote 1

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/irishsamuraix/33b5.jpg

Donnie "Ip Man" Yen (0-0)

While Yen has not made his professional MMA debut yet he did just sign his first contract with Fighters First Championship Sydney. "Ip Man" is a master of Wushu, Wing Chun, and numerous other martial arts. Footage was recently leaked onto the internet of Yen annihilating Ten (that's right..Ten) men at the same time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/irishsamuraix/33b5.jpg

Donnie "Ip Man" Yen (0-0)

While Yen has not made his professional MMA debut yet he did just sign his first contract with Fighters First Championship Sydney. "Ip Man" is a master of Wushu, Wing Chun, and numerous other martial arts. Footage was recently leaked onto the internet of Yen annihilating Ten (that's right..Ten) men at the same time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

Man he has vicious ground and pound

Ace of Spades would like to present to you it's very first Ace of the Month...................................

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k612/KC-Deuce/Ace1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ace of Spades recently sat down with their very first Ace of the Month and held a Q&A. Let's see what he had to say..................

AOS: You were born in Des Moines Iowa, USA, which is known more for it's wrestling, but you ended up training BJJ instead..........how did you first find out about BJJ???

GR: I've been kind of an odd guy in my childhood. I started wrestling when I was 4 years old, but never really got into it. One day a friend of my father came with a tape of the UFC 1 and I fell in love right away with it, specially the submissions. Those were things that I wouldn't practice a lot in wrestling, so I wanted to do BJJ right away. And my father got me into classes with Rodrigo, a brazilian coach that lived in Des Moines for a long time and he was my first master in it. I'm glad that I watched that tape.

AOS: Why did you choose MMA over a normal job???

GR: I always loved fighting. I wasn't the best wrestler, but I hanged nicely with the tough guys, but I just one a few small tournaments. In BJJ however, I used to go everywhere and compete at the highest level I could that time. I even went to Brazil for a couple of tournaments and my parents always supported me in this career, because I was serious about it. And I always thought that mma would become my real job and I'd really need to give it 100% to be the best.

AOS: You now train in Rio de Janeiro, why did you choose to move there???

GR: As I said, I've come a few times to Brazil to train. In one of these, I met Felipe. He's the main coach of our team today and he's the manager of all the guys of the team. I already knew a few words in portuguese because of Rodrigo and he really showed me a great structure. He believed in my potential and he wanted me to move to Rio to have a better shot at it. At first I was a little bit twisted about moving there, so far from home... But today I can tell that here I have another home and I love being here, fighting here... Everything's great.

AOS: Your first four professional fights were in the QFC, what took so long for some of the bigger orgs to notice your talents???

GR: I can actually tell you that I went almost a year fighting a disease that I got here, it 's a rare one, but I'm totally cured now. That took a lot of time and I believe that I'd be way better if it didn't happen. So there was no way that I'd go to an org so soon. I wanted to test myself in local competition and I had a few problems with that time off, no training.. I wasn't so strong that time, but I managed to get the wins I needed and then GPG showed up. They had a good project and were just starting... It felt right to finally move into an organization. And it went well, I can tell you.

AOS: You are known for you amazing submission victories, but you recently received your first knockout victory, how did that feel???

GR: I've been working a lot on my stand-up. The coaches at the gym are one of the best... They do amazing things. Sunnah Hadith, the first one of the team, used to submit guys and not usually go for KO's, but his hands are so damn good right now man... He 's just knocking people out cold... He's another great role model for me and that show that we're based on jiu-jitsu, but don't count our hands out. I just got my first KO victory and I want more, but definitely I'd love to take a limb home.

AOS: You have spent the early part of your young career at Bantamweight, but have recently moved up to Featherweight. Why the change in weight class???

GR: I am a bantamweight, that's no secret in that. I always looked to fight in that class and I did it pretty fine. I had those back-to-back fights against Spock Beard and I felt that GPG's BW division was to thing to keep on, specially after losing twice for the new champion. Featherweight there was thin too and I got an offer from TWD, with ID restricted fighters, but they only had a 145 division. No lightweights or bantamweights. I decided to move there for a new challenge and the division is very deep. One of the toughest in the game and I decided to get some muscle to be stronger there. I used to walk around 146 so I need to bulk up. I got to 159 and that's where I stand today. But I definitely would like to fight at 135 again.

AOS: You have won three “Fight of the Night” awards at The Wild Den, which has made you a fan favorite. Do you try to put on exciting fights???

GR: Yes, I do. I've been in back and forth battles a lot of times... Unfortunately I've lost a couple of them, but they were great fights. I almost got the win, but in the end the opponent did what he needed to do and won. That was the case in my last fight, against the champion Grabowski. I got tired in the fourth round, cause it was a tough match and I went after him all the time... Then he was able to defeat me with the knockout. I love fighting, it's something great to do and the love I get from fans is great. I plan on keep making them happy with those fights, but I want to be happy winning this battles too.

AOS: You are only 23, yet you have had 19 professional fights (with your 20th coming soon), how do you do it???

GR: GPG was the time where I had a lot of fights in a short amount of time. Personally I don't like to rest a lot between fights, only if they are the big ones that I need to focus and develop some strategies to it. But I feel like that's the way I am. I love fighting and I love being active. I just plan on keep doing that the right way and getting the best of it. It's being great so far.

AOS: Why will 2013 be Gim Ruut's year???

GR: I believe that I'm getting better every single day. That's a cliché of course, but it really is what I feel. I'm developing my game a lot and making up for that year that I was sick. I'll do my last fight in the contract against Julio Calbrentes on Jan 19th and then I'll think about what's next. I have no problem fighting anywhere in the world, but I'm not moving out of the team. They support me a lot and I'm glad I can do the same for them. BW or FW, I hope that I can get another belt or maybe more this year. Maybe I'll stay at TWD and try to get the belt again or I'll change for a while and find other places to fight. I'll probably do a third fight against Beard in the future, but that's not what I'm planning right now. I hope to keep fighting, be healthy and everything will be fine. I'll do my best to make it my year.

AOS: Anything you would like to tell the Tycoon Universe???

GR: First I'd like to thank for the opportunity of being the first Ace of the Month, it's been a pleasure and I hope the best for you guys. I'd like to thank all the fans that support me on the internet, when I fight... They're always great and I truly love their support. I'd like to remind you guys that Gim Ruut's not going anywhere and I'm here to prove myself as a great fighter. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

So I know my fighter was the Ace of The Month of January, but I have a few other good characters to display here and the next one is the only one with a degree in our team!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w18.jpg

Tom "The Law" Cirus (5-2)

As I said, Tom Cirus has a degree... in Law! He just graduated and he's starting his career as a lawyer sooner than you think. He always loved fighting and wrestling was his first passion when he was a child and it's still his base to date. Tom has been fighting mma as a hobby and he says he's doing to have fun. That's why he'll keep fighting for a specific amount of time, or until he reaches between 20 and 30 wins in his career, but he does not want to lose a lot to reach that goal. He's taking fights anywhere and after back-to-back losses, he decided to take this easy going approach as a fighter. He dedicated himself a lot to get his degree and he's happy to declare to the world that he is the best lawyer fighter in the world! Probably the only one tough.

Also, he got jealous of Ace of Spades production coming over to the gym and just interviewing Ruut. He wanted to give a Q&A too! Take notice of that, guys. That's it for today.

Anthony "Ace" Ventura (8-0) Immortals NY 185 Champ with 2 title defenses

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=151485

Anthony grew up in the good ol' Southern city of Louisville Kentucky in a ramshackle shack in the trailer park just off the Ohio River. He grew up living on the streets having to fend for himself with his constantly drunk father and whore of a mother. He ended up falling into the wrong crowd but fopund an outlet in Taekwondo, he grew up in the dojo learning the art of kicking until he became a black belt at the age of 14. After Taekwondo he started learning Muay Thai as that seemed pretty fun at the time and he learned how to deliver more powerful kicks and handle himself in the clinch. By the time he was 18 he was a well versed Muay thai striker with deadly kicks but still learning how to stay upright. After two years of harsh defensive wrestling training his manager abandoned him, only to be picked up by the enigmatic Alexi Zaitev who took the young fighter under his wing and quickly got him into the cage to see what the young fighter had.

His fight was in TTFC Amatuers where he dispatched the opponent with a devestating head kick before taking on the nemisis of the forums, humors fighter Tom Gaitiilis. He earned a split decision win over humors, causing him to make a rage thread in the forums about the loss. Ventura did not look back, he continue rolling along dispatching his next 2 opponents by KO and TKO before coming to Immortals.

Ventura arrived in Immortals as a brash young fighter highly confident in his stand up as he brashly called out Immortals ownership to give him a top contender to test himself. His first opponent was Taco Bueno who Ventura picked apart on the feet for the first two rounds before getting controlled via lay and pray in the third round before walking out with a unanimous decision win. After numerous fighters ran away from Ventura, he dropped from his more natural weight class of 205 to fight at 185 for the belt against Melton Sr. These two were bitter rivals going into the contest with some truly violent smacktalk going back and forth between the two fighters. The opposing manager put down a 25k bet on his fighter KOing Ventura, when Ventura walked out of the cage with a thoroughly dominant performance over the now former champ. 2 title defenses later Ventura enters the cage for his 3rd title defense against the man he took the title from.

Where will Ventura go from here? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, Ventura brings it to the cage each and every time out.

• 2 weeks later...