Low energy - Can I still train if I don't want to fight?

WinstonSevern

My fighter is coming off his first fight (which he won) so obviously he has low energy. Now I have three other fighers, one is a QFC fighter and the other 2 are just average joes in which I intend to release as soon as I get he chance, unless one of them impresses me whilst fighting. Anyway, I wish to make my youngest fighter (the one just coming off a fight) into abit of a project. I have the money for it but was wondering if I can stick him back in training with about 40% energy seeing as though he won't be fighting again anytime soon. Any help would be much appeciated :)

Even 85% is pushing it. For cardio and strength training, you can go down that low, but for everything else, I wouldn't train under 90%. Your training loses effectiveness the more tired you are.

My personal advice on it is much as the previous posters have said. NEVER, EVER train under 90% for anything. You will gain almost nothing for it. As far as which attributes to train up first as a project I would recommend Conditioning to Wonderful at a minimum and probably Exceptional. Then take Strength up to no less that Remarkable. I usually go to Wonderful at a minimum. After that you should focus on all your defensive skills. In no particular order, SD, Clinchwork (I consider this at lest partially a defensive skill since if you suck at it you will get clinch raped), TDD, and Def Grap. The first rule to winning a fight is not to lose the fight. Defense > Offense. Even a crappy offense is often enough to win a fight if your defenses are all amazing.

All these are true but keep in mind that by friday and saturday I think its ok to train any stat if u are riding a little bit below 90% because u will have an entire 10% to gain on sunday when your fighters do not train.

Also I have found that training takedown defense is not as useful as you might expect in this game. Its not useless but I can honestly say that I have had guys with wonderful and exceptional takedown defense get taken down by fighters with pretty crappy takedowns and i have had fighters with abysmal takedown defense stuff takedowns against guys with powerful takedowns just because they were good wrestlers.

I am not saying you should neglect wrestling training but you should know that clinchwork and defensive grappling are both stats that are associated with the wrestling primary so its wise to be sparring wrestling while training both of those. If you want to make your fighter a certain style then dont neglect takedown defense but I believe that is the last thing you should be training in terms of your defenses.

Don't forget that primaries are very importnt and you should be sparring about 4-6 times per week to optimize your training.

yes you should only be sparring that many times if you have good sparring partners in your gym. check out the sparring values of sparring sessions in a gyms sparring schedule. If there isn't at least one fighter with more skill than you, you should not spar because thats not beneficial to you. the chances you will find 6 sparring sessions that will benefit you aren't very good in most gyms around the game but ideally if you can find good sparring sessions then the more the better as long as they are not one right after the other.