QFCT $6.25 Million Tournament - Smack Thread

Eveas

$50,000 for the manager that completely knocks [Eveas, ZyD, or] Nehi's last remaining fighter out of the tournament.

Do I qualify?

According to the card order at QFC T1, my fight took place after the defeat of Nehi's other fighter, so I think I win this one.

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif

Oh, that's a big right hand from Revenge and Oakes goes tumbling to the canvas! Revenge follows him to the ground and looks to finish from half guard.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/cut2.gif

It looks like Oliver Oakes has been cut.

Oakes on his back here. We all know that wrestlers don't like being on their back so let's see if Oakes tries to get out of the position.

Fantastic stuff here - a very entertaining period of action, which has drawn cheers from the crowd.

The referee is asking the fighters to pick up the pace.

Oakes manages to get to full guard.

Oakes might be looking to lock onto one of his opponent's long limbs for a submission, whilst we're on the ground.

Revenge wants to control from the top but Oakes keeps moving.

Revenge throws a big elbow that misses.

Revenge stands up and looks to throw the legs aside to pass to side control. Oakes swivels though and keeps the full guard.

Oakes wants to control here, rather than go for any submissions from the bottom. At least for now.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/sub.gif

Oakes is looking to sinch up a triangle. Revenge throws the leg off to one side though and gets in tight to Oakes's body to avoid the submission. Oakes has instead reached around Revenge's neck and now has a guillotine! Oh, this is biiiig trouble! Oakes arches his back and squeezes and forces the tap from his hapless opponent.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:55 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Guillotine). Oliver Oakes!

VERDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

I have 2 fighters that have been in 4 fights so far for a combined total of 70 seconds. Just sayin'.... You guys have your work cut out for you. :winner:

Round 2 of the $6.25 million tournament opened up with Harry Powell vs Oliver Oakes. Oakes has shown himself to be a determined fighter, while Powell is a bit of a hemophiliac, but when you have hands like Powell it doesn't always matter. Oakes came right out the gate missing two double legs in a row. Powell immediately capitalized by unloading a devastating leg kick followed by relentlessly working the body. While Oakes was still off guard Powell snagged the clinch and unloaded without any reply from Oakes until one uppercut knocked him to his knees and a second knocked Oakes out. This one sided beat down was called to a stop 2 minutes 32 seconds into the 1st round.

Takeru Toyokawa is a boxing magician, and Stephen "Doctor" Strange is a master at grappling. In this case we never got a chance to see how these fighters stacked up with their ground games, because Takeru opened up with a right cross then faked for the body ending the fight with a left hook to the temple. It was all over in just 10 seconds. Toyokawa jammed his thumb which should take a week to heal, but he should be cleared by the next round.

Mr Steel Penn vs Tourney Champ pitted two of the most notorious managers in the game against each other. Tourney Champ has a granite chin, but Penn was the more intelligent fighter. Penn immediately caugt Champ off guard with a head kick knocking him off his feet. Tourney Champ was just a kicking bag from that point on. Penn unloaded body kick after body kick until Champ just could not take anymore, then Penn let loose one final kick to the dome to end it all. What must have felt like an hour to the Champ ended in only 29 seconds.

Merle Allin has some serious KO power, but one thing he does not have is confidence. Anti Hero on the other hand is as determined as they come. In the end that made all the difference in the world. The moment the bell rang Anti Hero landed a shot to the ribs, and Allin was already breathing heavy. Allin was moving around more aggressively, but he just refused to pull the trigger while Anti Hero fired off shot after shot. When we thought it could not get any worse for Allin he caught a kick to the head, and Anti Hero dove on top and finished him off from the mount just under the 2 minute mark.

Max McRiot vs Kelddath Ormlyr turned out to be our 1st bout with controversy of the night. McRiot controlled round 1 in a very one sided way. Ormlyr was cut open early, knocked down, and rocked. McRiot couldn't finish him off, but his aggressive striking was clearly doing it's job. In round 2 Ormlyr got his second wind, and his strategy of leg kicks was slowing McRiot down. He out-landed McRiot and really controlled the action keeping the distance like a pro. By the 3rd round McRiot had nothing left. Ormlyr gained the clinch landing unanswered shots for the 1st two minutes. As they broke apart he went right back to the leg kicks with some great jabs tossed in. The round was clearly going his way. When time expired the judges had to ask themselves. Was the dominance in round 1 enough to neutralize the clear superiority of Ormlyr in rounds 2 and 3? The announcer did not believe so which is why the arena burst out in surprise when McRiot was the one who got their hand raised. It took a while before things calmed down enough for the cage to be setup for the next fight.

Sam Quentin vs William Stroker was a case of iron chin vs iron chin. The difference maker here was aggression. Quentin immediately went to working the body before throwing a big left. Stroker kept running back hoping to counter, but he did not have the agility to avoid the shots coming in. He was breathing heavier the more punches he took. Quentin ducked down for a beautiful jab to the body then hopped to the side to unload a nasty right that dropped Stroker to the mat. Quentin wasted no time diving into his guard and swinging away until the ref was forced to pull him off.

Wesley Cabbage vs Wife Beater was much like Quentin vs Stroker. Wife Beater was hoping to counter Cabbage, but he took too many shots early and was unable to avoid any strikes in which to counter. Cabbage swarmed him catching a clean shot on the chin and finishing the job with some GnP. 31 seconds later Cabbage was already calling out Sam Quentin. These titans should put on a great show next week.

For our next fight we have the 11th incarnation of the Doctor, Matt Smith vs Mark Gibson. Much like you would expect from the Doctor; Matt Smith is a highly intelligent fighter who is able to find a weakness and exploit it like few others. Gibson is the man with the granite chin who has a memorable win over the most elite of noobs, ZyD. Gibson had one goal in mind. That was to take the fight to the ground and keep it there. He used jabs to try and setup his takedowns, but the predictability was his undoing. Smith was able to accumulate the damage primarily through body and leg kicks slowing Gibson the more the fight progressed making his takedowns slow and ineffective. Towards the end of round 1 he landed a head kick knock down, called Gibson back to his feet then landed another one rocking Gibson just before the closing bell. In round 2 Smith went back to his methodical lower body kicks waiting for an opening which came just after the 1 minute mark. Gibson looked up at the clock just in time to catch a kick to the temple. The ref dove in and saved him before Smith to follow up. The fight was already over.

For the co-main event of the evening we have Bonez MC vs Raymond Morgan. Bonez has an iron chin and an opponent who tends to cut, so it should be no surprise this fight went right into the clinch. Imagine Frye vs Takeyama with elbows. Both fighters swung away without any fear or hesitation for 3 minutes straight, and the blood flowed. While Bonez had a small cut Morgan looked like something out of a horror film. The ref had no choice but to call in the doctor who declared the fight over 3 minutes and 53 seconds into round 1.

The main event was Mike Hunt vs Evil Genius. Both fighters have great chins, but Hunts is a bit more solid. There was no hesitation when the bell rang, and both fighters came out swinging hard. Neither fighter could land their 1st few shots until Hunt slipped in a hook to the body followed by a quick jab. That gave hunt the confidence he needed. He followed up with a big right that cut Evil Genius and another overhand right to drop him. Hunt jumped into EG's guard and had to be dragged off by the ref. The main event only lasted 30 seconds, and Hunt pointed towards the locker room and grabbed the mic. "Bonez MC, you are next!" The crowd erupted in cheers.

Was breathing heavily 10 seconds in and still came back and Won

That was a tough fight to read. Round 1 was so 1 sided, but you did great coming back and wearing him out in rounds 2 and 3. The announcer had you winning as well. I think getting knocked down, cut, then rocked in round one just made more of an impression on the judges. They scored round 1 higher than the combined other two since it is whole fight scoring. Could have easily gone the other way imo.

I'm so glad my guy hong man choi lost. He had a 7 day injury going into his fight but went the distance so I'm proud of him but I was cutting him anyway so glad he's gone.

Next I'm up against what I've heard is a very good manager Ethan Downs which I'm looking forward to testing myself against him.

• Downvote 1

Bob "The Beast " Stewart (205718) will go down today. Mr Steel Penn is not only ready to win today he is set to win this whole event. http://www.mmatycoon...416&fidb=205718

Good luck Cus.