Don Marciano/Chris Karter

Doesn't seem like an overwhelming amount of people are big Chris Karter fans but I just wanted to give props to him and his fighter Don Marciano ( http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=70356 ) .

Dons a legend and deserves all the praise in the world along with Chris who despite all the drama thats surrounded him over the years, has always been a classy and good guy to me and just wanting to congratulate him on the ass kicking he gave to The Dos Equis Guy.

Perhaps we'll have a rematch some day and ill try to avoid having the most interesting body strike gassing, eventually leading to getting KTFO.

Again kudos to Marciano, Chris, and to convicted. I know I've knocked a few of your guys out and this revenge probably felt sweet.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Well you know, Chris' constant smack talk irritates some--but he's a very strong player. So, to me if you can talk the talk and walk the walk, that's all good. He's one of the few OG's left, so he's definitely got a leg up on some people...he's one of the best so you have to respect that. I think he's pretty funny personally...and he's a finisher...so like the style.

The man really knows how to finish fights... more than 500 career (T)KOs. And let us not forget the best part... he is 2-0 against Jacky Chan...

He is 2-0 against my bad fighters.

He beat one of my fighter that always was a bum, and he beat Afro after a few months where i check training once per three weeks. Recently Afro got a 3 round victory over J Breaker (who is a good fighter) when he KO him in one round in three differents fights in the past.

I agree he's a decent manager but i'm pretty sure the tickers system really helped him.

PS/ the guy is a long term multi that alone remove my respect for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Explain to me how tickers help him? He has to deal with maintenance same as anyone else. If you didn't think Afro Samurai, who not that long ago you were bragging was top 10 P4P, was up to the challenge then why accept the fight?

EDIT: It is conceivable that J Breaker (I can neither confirm nor deny if he is any good or not) simply got better at his slider settings. That combined with probable decline in Samurai's skills due to maintenance issues and age... in other words decline, would mean that he is able to perform better against your guy...

He is 2-0 against my bad fighters.

He beat one of my fighter that always was a bum, and he beat Afro after a few months where i check training once per three weeks. Recently Afro got a 3 round victory over J Breaker (who is a good fighter) when he KO him in one round in three differents fights in the past.

I agree he's a decent manager but i'm pretty sure the tickers system really helped him.

PS/ the guy is a long term multi that alone remove my respect for him.

Because fighting a guy you've beat three times is totally cool.

Explain to me how tickers help him? He has to deal with maintenance same as anyone else. If you didn't think Afro Samurai, who not that long ago you were bragging was top 10 P4P, was up to the challenge then why accept the fight?

EDIT: It is conceivable that J Breaker (I can neither confirm nor deny if he is any good or not) simply got better at his slider settings. That combined with probable decline in Samurai's skills due to maintenance issues and age... in other words decline, would mean that he is able to perform better against your guy...

What I would guess he means, is Chris is super-active and signs in every day--thus he's all over tickers and can combat them, moreso than other who might let a day or two slip by before they check them. I mean really, the ticker system just made it a game of who can spend the most time thwarting the system. Some guys just can't be bothered to check them every single half day.

I mean, that's not Chrs' fault that he does a good job beating the ticker system, and that some others just don't have the time to slave over them on a daily basis...but I believe that's the point he's trying to make.

In regards to the Afro vs Breaker going to a decision...I think that has more to do with practically the entire fighting taking place in the clinch...where it's going to be that much more difficult to finish the fight.

Tickers help him because he is willing to spend enough time to handle them.

Tickers also prevent new managers to get fighters as skilled as his.

• Upvote 1

What I would guess he means, is Chris is super-active and signs in every day--thus he's all over tickers and can combat them, moreso than other who might let a day or two slip by before they check them. I mean really, the ticker system just made it a game of who can spend the most time thwarting the system. Some guys just can't be bothered to check them every single half day.

thats what he means but yet he is trolling the forum more than anyone else in the game -- if he would spend that time managing his fighters he might not have to fight bums in bum orgs to pad his record -- he could fight top guys like Don and killed his shit pushed in --- :winner:

• Upvote 1

Much appreciated Chris Partridge. DEG is a very tough opponent who has earned (taken/demanded) the respect of the whole Convicted alliance. If he loses some of those tires around the waist, he'll be back on top in no time. Not a fan of the HW division because it's a battle of gassing the majority of the time. Had to dedicate the win to the Convicted affiliated fighters that DEG beat on his way to the top.

Up until recently I rarely paid attention to tickers at all, and unless something is in the red I can't tell if it needs to be trained or not. The green on orange blends in together so it's too much of a pain to try and identify, I might be partially color blind (even asked Mike Tycoon to make a colorblind mode). I just set training like any other user does, made sure not to train the same thing twice a week (except circuits) and I rarely had an issue. It doesn't demand constant attention or time consumption to suppress tickers. Common sense does wonders. Fighting as frequently and often as possible helps with that a lot too. Tickers helped kill all the training whores out there who have plagued the game with their bullshit excuses of "need 1 month or 2 months training time for this fight". Good riddance. Of course idiots like quacky get overwelmed by them, because he's an idiot. Incapable of adaptation. Couldn't adapt when 100% counter was nerfed, couldn't adapt to diversifying training when tickers were implemented.

2-0 vs quacky. With a dominant one sided beating against your highest ranked fighter ever. My most talented fighters total skill point wise are the two FA's I picked up from Ztarken. 138K and 139K ID's. So the nonsense about the tickers preventing fighters from getting as skilled isn't accurate, or Mike wouldn't need to change the system - again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Some guys just can't be bothered to check them every single half day.

I mean, that's not Chrs' fault that he does a good job beating the ticker system, and that some others just don't have the time to slave over them on a daily basis...but I believe that's the point he's trying to make.

In regards to the Afro vs Breaker going to a decision...I think that has more to do with practically the entire fighting taking place in the clinch...where it's going to be that much more difficult to finish the fight.

It's true that he beat the tickers system and it's the best thing to do as a manager; when I started the game and especially when I was #1 for so long, i planned my sliders and fighters trainings sometimes 2 months before a fight; I knew how much i should train them considering the other fighter skills hiddens, it was about should i give him 10 points in def grap or 10 points in wrestling....

Sometimes I thought about my fighters training during the day but I was not forced to loged in and set the training i could missed one or two punch session and catch them after with one week and 14 punch sessions; obvisouly it's not enough to be good you need to spend time on the game or time to think about it, I did it. Since the tickers appeared it's useless to plan your training all you have to do is on a daily basis look your fighter training and set training to avoid tickers, it need no creativity at all as you have no choice at all: if your fighter has elite boxing and tickers is red in boxing you are forced to train him in boxing because he will lose way more than what he could gain with any other training. When i was #1 training was like "should i give 40submissions sessions to my fighter and submit or 40 clinchwork sessions..." we had a complete choice about training and it was who is the best to choose the best training and put the best sliders. Now it's more about who is willing to spend daily time to set the same training as every other manager do.

So yes Karter is good at log in and avoid tickers, plus he's also good to select fighters with good hiddens, but at the end of the day I don't see the interest to do an assembly-line work on a browser game on a daily baisis the whole year.

Breaker beat Afro in their first fight and not in the clinch, Breaker also beat Tonal so it's not a fighter you can underestimate.

I know tickers have put down a few of my fighter in certain aspect of the fight and it seems Afro was one of them.

PS/ And Karter absolutely check tickers and trainings every day of the year,or at least 3/week every week. Tickers can kill your fighters in only a week it happend to me, so at the top level if a fighter don't get training during 2 weeks because you're in holiday... he will be killed. Especially with elite fighters.

And it's not only about training now it's about fly after the fight...

• Upvote 2

Seting training is a bot work now. A very few do it completly and Karter is one of them, the others don't have fighters good enough to need tickers maintenance.

I mean the guy still has elite elite sens brown belt fighters wich was the kind of fighters that forced mike to implement tickers.

Is it bad that what Jacky said makes perfect sense? Is it worse that his English skills have suddenly become pretty damn good? Is it a sign of the Apocalypse that Jacky isn't talking a bunch of shit about Chris Karter? I am scared.... mommy, hold my hand...

This made me laugh. But Jacky is nuts, I rarely have issues with tickers and I set my training once a week on Sundays then don't really care. My most skilled guys are 2 120k id fighters who are just over 2600 skill points who don't have any really difficulties with tickers, at most I have to change 1 session a week to stop wrestling tickers.

But again, Karter is probably a top 10 manager all time, arguably top 5 (hard for me to pin down as I have a lot of personal ties to some of the all time greats), but Karter is one of the very best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This made me laugh. But Jacky is nuts, I rarely have issues with tickers and I set my training once a week on Sundays then don't really care. My most skilled guys are 2 120k id fighters who are just over 2600 skill points who don't have any really difficulties with tickers, at most I have to change 1 session a week to stop wrestling tickers.

But again, Karter is probably a top 10 manager all time, arguably top 5 (hard for me to pin down as I have a lot of personal ties to some of the all time greats), but Karter is one of the very best.

120k id is not really high, karter fighter probably has everything more than elite, i remember when i was #1 players said it was "normal" to have elite when i only had exceptional+ or sensational-- so imagine two years after.

Karter didn't had success before the ticker change, Karter didn't had success when the counter change happend, he didn't had sucess when the tickes change happend, he didn't had any success when he used his "brother" account and set fights between alliance fighters to see how the game engine work, he only had "success" 6 months after when every top manager was bored to check tickers.

And he still has a lot of loss, his fighter have almost elite where it need with ko power, so of course he win a lot of fights.

He's like gunmetal grey, take a lot of big fight to have a lot of big wins which happens from time to time.

Also he trash talk a lot to looks like he made something big.

Even joel nicola was more impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks. I hit the hidden lottery with my first batch of projects, so it helps having great fighters like Don Marciano, Moses Diggs, and Taj al Din.

Agreed that quacky's nuts, and delusional. I do the same thing you do - and what it seems most of the people I've discussed training with do - set training on Sunday and let it ride for the week. That's been my method since the beginning of the game. Only difference between pre-ticker era and post-ticker era is that I can't set 10 of the same training session up.

I shouldn't even reply to this bullshit below... but just to slap quacky in the face with a much more successful dick....

120k id is not really high, karter fighter probably has everything more than elite, i remember when i was #1 players said it was "normal" to have elite when i only had exceptional+ or sensational-- so imagine two years after.

Karter didn't had success before the ticker change, Karter didn't had success when the counter change happend, he didn't had sucess when the tickes change happend, he didn't had any success when he used his "brother" account and set fights between alliance fighters to see how the game engine work, he only had "success" 6 months after when every top manager was bored to check tickers.

And he still has a lot of loss, his fighter have almost elite where it need with ko power, so of course he win a lot of fights.

He's like gunmetal grey, take a lot of big fight to have a lot of big wins which happens from time to time.

Also he trash talk a lot to looks like he made something big.

Even joel nicola was more impressive.

You would be nailed on the cross for your blasphemy. You always ramble a bunch of incoherent bullshit that's completely false. If your multi accusations had any merit I would of been banned or his account would of at least been deleted, so keep on clinging to that one for dear life. I have more KO's in this game than you have fights. Half of your wins are prolly QFC's lol. Your mmatycoon fame comes from being one of the biggest ducks and douche bags in the history of this game... You say I didn't have success pre-ticker / pre-counter era... My History... keep in mind, I had aggressive strikers during the TD/sub spamming era and throughout the whole 100% counter era.

6-09-2009: joined the game. Got lucky and started off 10-0.

6-20-2009: First loss. 10-1.

6-30-2009: 18-3 record with 13 KO's.

7-04-2009 (to 10-28-2009) I had very limited internet access.

7-26-2009: 10th career loss

7-26-2009: Convicted Fight Club opens in Los Angeles. A public gym. It was one of the premier public gyms in LA that had a lot of the top fighters in LA training there.

8-08-2009: First Champion - in AFM - the #1 org in LA at the time

8-24-2009: Second Champion - in Combat Pro FC - #2 org in Montreal

8-26-2009: Manager Rank #13

8-29-2009: I complained about sub spammers, and I quote "Silly takedown sub spamming. I'll eventually figure out a way to never get beat by em again."

9-08-2009: I mention my trouble getting on the internet again.

9-09-2012: My first fighter's birthday. Ivan Arlovski (originally Zenoviv?) a free agent I picked up that I believe Luke dropped.

10-05-2009: 60 wins, with 50 Knockouts.

10-15-2009: My original batch of fighters that I created celebrated their first birthdays.

10-24-2009: Top 5 Manager

I go inactive until January 6th, 2010...

1-06-2010: I return to the game with semi-activity

1-15-2010: Convicted Fight Club reopens its doors to the public. Brought in fighters from managers like Dace Killian, Tony Albrecht, Chris Partridge, and a few others I can't remember.

2-20-2010: 100th career win. Career record of 100-25-1

3-21-2010: I reached the #1 ranked manager. I was the 2nd manager in the game to receive that golden trophy behind Avon.

4-03-2010: I announce that I'm going to release some of my older fighters and create some projects.

2-10-2011: I grabbed my dick cuz I'm the shit and I was feelin' myself.

I've reached the #1 ranked manager spot pre-counter era, as a manager that always went aggressive trying to finish his fights, I reached the #1 ranked spot multiple times post-counter era. I opened an org and with the help of HBK (and the in game contacts I had that signed fighters there) quickly got it to the #1 org in LA and top 10 org worldwide. I contributed to Synchronicity maintaining it's top 10 org status and reaching #1 at points in time. I've had 3 fighters in the top 10 simultaneously. I have a lot of people to thank and contribute my success to, mostly the org owners.

Comparing our careers puts you to shame. You're the Ryan Leaf to my Peyton Manning. The Desmond Howard to my Jerry Rice. Not only that, I'm 2-0 against you - beating the highest ranked fighter you've ever had. I have literally, in every aspect and form of this game - from fighters, orgs, companies, sliders, fighter interviews/write ups, smack talk, and spelling - pissed excellence all over you. I've bathed you in my golden glory. Showered you in fluid that you're not entitled to bask in. I've conquered your French ass as easily as the Nazi's took over Paris. I could pimp you out for the pennies your worth. You should thank me, and you're welcome.

• Upvote 4

Thanks. I hit the hidden lottery with my first batch of projects, so it helps having great fighters like Don Marciano, Moses Diggs, and Taj al Din.

Agreed that quacky's nuts, and delusional. I do the same thing you do - and what it seems most of the people I've discussed training with do - set training on Sunday and let it ride for the week. That's been my method since the beginning of the game. Only difference between pre-ticker era and post-ticker era is that I can't set 10 of the same training session up.

I shouldn't even reply to this bullshit below... but just to slap quacky in the face with a much more successful dick....

You would be nailed on the cross for your blasphemy. You always ramble a bunch of incoherent bullshit that's completely false. If your multi accusations had any merit I would of been banned or his account would of at least been deleted, so keep on clinging to that one for dear life. I have more KO's in this game than you have fights. Half of your wins are prolly QFC's lol. Your mmatycoon fame comes from being one of the biggest ducks and douche bags in the history of this game... You say I didn't have success pre-ticker / pre-counter era... My History... keep in mind, I had aggressive strikers during the TD/sub spamming era and throughout the whole 100% counter era.

6-09-2009: joined the game. Got lucky and started off 10-0.

6-20-2009: First loss. 10-1.

6-30-2009: 18-3 record with 13 KO's.

7-04-2009 (to 10-28-2009) I had very limited internet access.

7-26-2009: 10th career loss

7-26-2009: Convicted Fight Club opens in Los Angeles. A public gym. It was one of the premier public gyms in LA that had a lot of the top fighters in LA training there.

8-08-2009: First Champion - in AFM - the #1 org in LA at the time

8-24-2009: Second Champion - in Combat Pro FC - #2 org in Montreal

8-26-2009: Manager Rank #13

8-29-2009: I complained about sub spammers, and I quote "Silly takedown sub spamming. I'll eventually figure out a way to never get beat by em again."

9-08-2009: I mention my trouble getting on the internet again.

9-09-2012: My first fighter's birthday. Ivan Arlovski (originally Zenoviv?) a free agent I picked up that I believe Luke dropped.

10-05-2009: 60 wins, with 50 Knockouts.

10-15-2009: My original batch of fighters that I created celebrated their first birthdays.

10-24-2009: Top 5 Manager

I go inactive until January 6th, 2010...

1-06-2010: I return to the game with semi-activity

1-15-2010: Convicted Fight Club reopens its doors to the public. Brought in fighters from managers like Dace Killian, Tony Albrecht, Chris Partridge, and a few others I can't remember.

2-20-2010: 100th career win. Career record of 100-25-1

3-21-2010: I reached the #1 ranked manager. I was the 2nd manager in the game to receive that golden trophy behind Avon.

4-03-2010: I announce that I'm going to release some of my older fighters and create some projects.

2-10-2011: I grabbed my dick cuz I'm the shit and I was feelin' myself.

I've reached the #1 ranked manager spot pre-counter era, as a manager that always went aggressive trying to finish his fights, I reached the #1 ranked spot multiple times post-counter era. I opened an org and with the help of HBK (and the in game contacts I had that signed fighters there) quickly got it to the #1 org in LA and top 10 org worldwide. I contributed to Synchronicity maintaining it's top 10 org status and reaching #1 at points in time. I've had 3 fighters in the top 10 simultaneously. I have a lot of people to thank and contribute my success to, mostly the org owners.

Comparing our careers puts you to shame. You're the Ryan Leaf to my Peyton Manning. The Desmond Howard to my Jerry Rice. Not only that, I'm 2-0 against you - beating the highest ranked fighter you've ever had. I have literally, in every aspect and form of this game - from fighters, orgs, companies, sliders, fighter interviews/write ups, smack talk, and spelling - pissed excellence all over you. I've bathed you in my golden glory. Showered you in fluid that you're not entitled to bask in. I've conquered your French ass as easily as the Nazi's took over Paris. I could pimp you out for the pennies your worth. You should thank me, and you're welcome.

but you still haven't beat me

Dude you admited in a previous thread that you was a mult, so i didn't read your post as soon i see your deny.

Howether you never had any sucess but when the tickers got on every top managers:

me, MrClean,edwardsfan,Avon,gunmetal grey, original trainer of "geodude golem" (forget his name), Luke daigle, Tonal trainer... I forget a lot, all these managers have always been better than you and still are.

You may have been #1 during 3 hour when there was like 10 managers in the game, doesn't mean anything.

You have never tried to finish fights it's just that you can only win when you have a huge skills and hiddens advantage wich results with a KO, when the two fighters are equal you always lose to a decision. You have never win a close fight or a fight where you was dominated to a decision because of your sliders and manager skills.

Edit: Just looked only one:

"100th career win. Career record of 100-25-1"

and this a complete lie, what a pitty to get the road of imaginary facts, that's really all you have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1