I see changes skills

tp61503

My understanding is escapes governs your fighters ability to get back to his feet. If I am right than grapplers can generally skimp on that skill.

Transitions will govern your ability to advance or defend advances on the ground, both strikers and grapplers will need to train this up.

So def grap will still be about defending submissions..... transition is both your ability to advance AND defend transitions?.... and the other new on (too lazy to scroll up to find out the name of it) is about getting back to your feet.... Scramble? no but it should be called scramble...

Im sure the Wiki will explain all.

See nothing gets explained properly. Who knows what the new changes are. We all just guess. Mr T is the only one who knows.

Escapes to me mean escaping a submission. If my my BJJ Black belt is getting beaten on by mr GSP how am I going to defend that? Transision or escape?

What's def grap going to be used for?

Who knows, again we all just guess.

Escapes is for standing up, i.e. escaping off the ground. Transitions are for advancing a position or denying your opponent an advancement. Def grappling will be for defending subs and ground and pound. There obviously will be other skills used in each calculation, but that will be the general purpose of each skill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So def grap will still be about defending submissions..... transition is both your ability to advance AND defend transitions?.... and the other new on (too lazy to scroll up to find out the name of it) is about getting back to your feet.... Scramble? no but it should be called scramble...

Im sure the Wiki will explain all.

I think thats how it will go, there will also be other skills involved in each equation too. I agree that escapes isn't the best name for the new skill. Maybe should just be "Stand Up".

I asked if someone could explain the new changes goat acre in one of these threads because I didn't understand and all I got was - d for it. I still don't get it. All I was asking is if grapplers will take longer to build because they too will need transitions and escapes against other bjj fighters hence taking longer to build. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that, if you have to train up 2 new skills of course to going to take longer. That's all I'm saying.

It's like Muay Thai, it has the most skills to train up hence popping slower and taking longer to build.

Sow me how I am wrong and I will accept I'm wrong.

Instead of expecting people to spell everything out for you, how about reading the Ticker Replacements thread like everyone else did? You seem to spend enough time on the forum that you must have stumbled across it at some point.....

Anyway if you had read it, you'd know that the guy above me is correct, grapplers will really only need transitions, strikers will need transitions and escapes. Even Mike hinted in the aforementioned thread that he's a little worried that this will give too much of an edge to the grapplers.

Bear in mind Mike has said he will be putting up a wiki page to explain all of the changes before you have to edit your fighter so you won't be going into things completely blind.

Give the man a chance!

Also don't forget there is going to be an option to either choose to try and counter with strikes or grapples (Into the clinch or a takedown) which is going to make a massive difference compared to the current engine.

Edit: The spoiler page suggests there is already some info up on the changes, http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Game_Changes_March_2013

• Upvote 3

I can see that no one can give me the time or day here so why bother.

I don't understand, I don't understand most things on this game but I won't bother asking anymore because I just get the same shit over and over and over.

Sorry for even trying to play this game.

Changes come to effect on Monday, now quit whining...

I don't understand, I don't understand most things on this game but I won't bother asking anymore because I just get the same shit over and over and over.

Really ? Read the wiki post or the thread.

funky i think you questions were answered?

Escapes do not mean escaping submission it means getting back to your feet.

def grapple will still be used for defending subs.

transitions will be for improving/preventing improving positions on ground.

this is suppose to help ground fighters because, they wont need escapes as they want to be on the ground, so they will just need transitions. while strikers will need both.

so that sums up what everyone said in this thread about your questions.

Dude, JLP has explained it to you twice now. I don't understand, do you not read the replies to your post? Do you need it directly pm'd to you and then read to you by a scribe?

Escapes- Ability to get back to your feet from the ground.

Transitions- Advance position, ie passing guard or defending people from passing your guard.

• Upvote 3

I didn't mean to be overly rude to you man, sorry if you took it personally, I just thought the tone of your previous posts were a bit whiny, and I thought you were dismissive of replies which were trying to help you.