Have opponent's hype affect experience hidden

It might already work this way, but if not, it seems like the amount of experience you gain from a fight should be based on the hype and skill level of your opponent. Maybe also increase it for fighting in title fights.

• Downvote 2

Why would that affect your experience? That has absolutely nothing to do with experience. It would be too easy to manipulate the system that way. It would encourage can crushing to build hype more-so than is already done. Besides we have seen too many people getting title fights in their first or second fight or they come into an org and get a title shot.

Why would that affect your experience? That has absolutely nothing to do with experience. It would be too easy to manipulate the system that way. It would encourage can crushing to build hype more-so than is already done. Besides we have seen too many people getting title fights in their first or second fight or they come into an org and get a title shot.

The real-life analogue would be that fighting someone like Anderson Silva would presumably make you better able to handle the stress of a big fight, preparation, etc. (things I would assume experience is supposed to encompass) than fighting a guy at a local, non-televised show. If you only got the extra bonus for fighting someone above a certain skill level, that should limit the benefits of can crushing, especially if you get less experience for fighting fighters below your skill level than under the current system (since Anderson Silva wouldn't gain any experience from kicking my ass).

It would be too easy to manipulate the system that way. It would encourage can crushing to build hype more-so than is already done.

I think it would actually do the opposite to encouraging can crushing. If you get greater experience increases from fighting higher hyped opponents, then facing a succession of cans to pad your record and slowly build hype will give you proportionately lower experience increases.

I agree with you that title fights being included could be manipulated. So although that would be a realistic addition, it may well fail in this game.

That will encourage project fighters to go hunting for the highest hyped I'd restricted fighters to beat like what happens now.

I agree with that and looking back, I phrased it poorly (particularly in the title). In my head, it would be limited by the opponent's skill so that the system would award you more experience for fighting in big, high profile fights against difficult opponents, and less (than now) for fighting low skilled opponents. The idea I had in mind would be to somehow make it so that you were rewarded for stepping up for big fights, and someone who fought 20 fights against good competition in a top org would gain more experience than someone fighting 20 fights against complete cans. As far as I know, the system now would say that Joe Stevenson when he was on TUF had more experience than BJ Penn and GSP have currently.