Tickers.....

BTW. I appreciate what Mike does. Some of the changes have been good other not so much but for fighters to lose skill without warnign and to say you don't have to worry about tickers anymore stinks. Maybe that's not the intention to not have tickers or not to have to worry about them but it's becoming much to complicated for the avid player. I pay just like everyone else. The game should accomodate different types of players with different commitment levels.

We all pay to play this game mate but we all can't have the game how we like it, there's only 1 game and 5000+ managers.

I'm more than happy to hear constructive feedback but you haven't really explained what your problem is with the new system? Just that you don't get warning that something is going down? I mean, the decrease is happening for everyone, so what's the problem, especially when the actual loss is like 0.05 points per session or something? I mean, that takes 20 sessions just to lose 1 point and 200 sessions (3.5 game years) to lose one skill level... and that's if you never train that particular skill and never fight.

I play a number of other online games, all have skill decreases over age (some over other factors) and none give out warnings that something is about to de-pop. I think the fact we had a ticker system at some point eventually spoiled some of us...

Is it normal that my 21 old guy with no fights depopped?

Age Based Skill Decline

Additionally' date=' each fighter has an age where he can (but won’t automatically) start to decline in skill. This is a random age between [b']28 and 35[/b], so a wide range. Once your fighter hits his hidden age drop off point, as long as his skills are high enough, he will start to slowly decline in skills.

Tickers = whine

No tickers = whine

Guess what skills are going decline nothing you can do about it

the special eds are always going to whine about nothing. tickers needs to be fixed. done. they still whine. game engine broken. fixed. they still whine. games needs improving. done. they still. I never hear them asking for meds. maybe that will do the trick.

It can happen, yeah. It isn't just age based decline, there are 3 types of decline that all work together. If you want to post his ID I can look at it and explain it for you in here.

yes please

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=187284 Anton Dorozhkin (21) 2013-04-15 Kicks Elite, 15 Sensational, 14 10 http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/layout/popdown.gif

I think there was this general feeling that tickers were over with, and people could spam punches,kicks, or whatever--and do so worry free. But what happened is a milder ticker system remains, and it's hidden.

With 20 fighters, it's really difficult to remember what you've trained over the last 40 sessions.

I'm personally not getting really upset about it, but it does effect the way i have to train...I can't work up transitions or escapes because I have to vary my training schedule. Obviously we're talking about losing fractions of a point, which shouldn't be a big deal, and everyone is on the same boat--but there's this irrational side of me and many others that freak out losing anything...can't help it.

I'd personally either like to see these tickers, or have some sort of record keeper that tells me what I've trained over the last 40 sessions.

• Upvote 1

I think there was this general feeling that tickers were over with, and people could spam punches,kicks, or whatever--and do so worry free. But what happened is a milder ticker system remains, and it's hidden.

With 20 fighters, it's really difficult to remember what you've trained over the last 40 sessions.

I'm personally not getting really upset about it, but it does effect the way i have to train...I can't work up transitions or escapes because I have to vary my training schedule. Obviously we're talking about losing fractions of a point, which shouldn't be a big deal, and everyone is on the same boat--but there's this irrational side of me and many others that freak out losing anything...can't help it.

I'd personally either like to see these tickers, or have some sort of record keeper that tells me what I've trained over the last 40 sessions.

I can appreciate that. Hopefully when you're looking at pops and seeing that a down pop is a decrease of -0.05 points and a positive pop is a +0.5 or even +4 points, you'll not feel that bad about it. If there is anything else I can do to help you rationalise it by adding info, let me know. I'm not showing the tickers though - I think that's just asking for trouble. People would be screwing if they "hit red" or whatever, 3 days before a fight. In reality if they never noticed, then a fight reset it, they would never know and would never care about that lost 0.15 points.

Fighting re-sets all three types of decline right?

Well the 3 are;

- Don't train something for ages (basic tickers).

- If you go over your potential cap and increase something, it takes points off other stuff.

- Age based decline if you are over your drop off age.

Fighting resets the first one but the second and third and don't have any ticker or anything like that, they just happen if they apply and aren't reset by fighting.

I initially set the max drop from one session, in the ticker type to 0.2 points per session. I quickly dropped that to 0.075 and have just dropped it again to 0.05. It doesn't hurt the concept, like slowing the old tickers did... I actually think 0.05 is absolutely fine for the concept, as it's only meant to sneakily keep people's skills a bit lower, without them noticing any difference.

yes please

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=187284 Anton Dorozhkin (21) 2013-04-15 Kicks Elite, 15 Sensational, 14 10 http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/layout/popdown.gif

OK this guy didn't drop in anything last session so I can't give you any feedback really. I see this was 4 days ago - I have changed some bits and pieces since then, so the hidden tickers take a fair bit longer to kick in. For your guy, it's gunna be like 70 sessions before he starts to have any decline from the tickers bit of the decline system now. On the 15th that might have been about 40 sessions, which he would just about have hit at the time, as the system had been in place for about 25 days, I think.

I think ppl see a depop of one skill level to the next, sens -> exceptional and think the world is ending. But in actuality the depop was like 130 -> 129.85 over 40 sessions of not training :suicide_anim:

exactly, you didn't go from being sensational to exceptional, those are just flavor text. A "pop" is just happening to hit any number divisible by 10. i thin some people forget that. sometimes i like to be right below that line, just so people underestimate. Works good with the belt system on here. you can have a purple belt that can handle himself reasonablyy well against most. I have a couple at least.

Personally, I train in areas that I want my fighter to be best in, knowing they can no longer be great in every skill. For example, my stand up fighters need higher striking skills, so I let some of the ground skills go in order to maintain higher levels of striking. Others have more of a balance, so I train them in several areas.

People need to stop looking at training like they used to and decide on a specific direction for that fighter. They will not be elite in everything, so stop trying to get there.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with Soyster on this one.

The whole idea was to make fighters more varied not just amazing at everything as you could be under the old system. Now you have to make a sacrifice which is the same from real life fighters. There is a very limited amount of people in real life who can do it all to the degree which this game allowed almost anyone to attain.

• Upvote 1