PFL: Tycoon Golden Gloves Tournament

Gratz to Aziz/Famechon/Murphy/Shabazz/Sheppard/Fish/Vasquez on their wins. nice clean boxing matches all around basically. Ill do awards late 2mrw most likely. To those who lost, thanks for signing up and being apart of the Golden Gloves Tourney, hopefully you guys will be back for the next one. If you go on to keep your fighter, gl with him. Dont forget you could possible be eligible for awards after the tourney as well.

Just curious as to why there was a 2K arena booked for this event? 186 people pitched up lol! At least Pretorius didn't get humiliated in front of a lot of people.

Ill do awards late 2mrw most likely.

Just looked, really no awards to give out til the end of the tourney lol. A few guys got the Memorial Award though, Ill just pass that out at the end with all the other awards.

What happened to Koppel vs. Muscle? Aziz was supposed to fight the winner of that match, so what happens now?

Going to just advance Lukas. We tried to get the fight in at the last minute, but ran out of time. There won't really be any advantage of him getting a bye since he made his guy a week b4 the first round.

Just curious as to why there was a 2K arena booked for this event? 186 people pitched up lol! At least Pretorius didn't get humiliated in front of a lot of people.

Cuz im an idiot :blush:

Edit: Will send out fight offers sometime next week and release the fighters eliminated as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Reed Andrews scores the fight 29:28

Judge David Schapiro scores the fight 29:28

Judge Lou da Vinci scores the fight 29:29

In favor of your winner, by majority decision... Curtis Sheppard!

Commentator: "We're here with your winner, Curtis Sheppard!"

...*applause*...

Commentator: "Curtis, break down the fight for us."

Sheppard:...*winded*..."Oh man, I'm just glad I came out on top. That was a nice scrap right there!"

Commentator: "Yeah, no real amazing stuff or anything out of the ordinary...just a really solid boxing match. Are you satisfiaed with your performance tonight?"

Sheppard: "I'll take the win but there's a few things I'd like to work on, no doubt."

Commentator: "It looks like Famechon is next for you, anything you'd like to say?"

Sheppard: "Yeah...guard yer grill!"

...*Sheppard exits to applause*...

• Upvote 3

What happened to Koppel vs. Muscle? Aziz was supposed to fight the winner of that match, so what happens now?

Congrats sir, good fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Columbo Gatti scores the fight 29:29

Judge John Roberts scores the fight 29:28

Judge Jonathan Paton scores the fight 29:29

The fight is ruled a majority draw!

*both fighters hang their head in disbelief*

Commentator: "We're here with an obviously disappointed "Kush" Sheppard. "Kush", how do you feel about the decision tonight? Do you think it was a draw?"

Sheppard: "I'll never admit to a draw but it was damn close. Great fight by Famechon."

Commentator: "What now?"

Sheppard: "Well, I feel like I was way more aggressive in the fight but the judges must not count that for much. I guess it's back to Vegas and the gym for now and

hope The Commission rules in my favor."

Commentator: "Do you think they'll see it as a win for you?"

Sheppard: "I sure hope so...damn shame for one of us to have to exit the tournament on something like this though."

...*Sheppard exits*...

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/4186/pfllogo.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img402/309/pflbanner.jpg

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7238/rage1u.jpg

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/ErickCavalheiro/GoldenGlovesTee_zps5b649a81.pnghttp://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/ErickCavalheiro/GoldenGlovesShorts_zps69e0ff25.png

Org Graphics: Topo Topologies

Magazine: Kojiro Sasaki

Clothes: Erick Cavalheiro

Big thanks to all 3.

****************************************Signups Closed****************************************

Rules/Requirements

Any manager can signup regardless of rank or vip status. Perfect number of entrants would be 16. But if I have to roll

with 4 guys, the show will still go on.

-This will be a single elimination creation tournament.

- All fighters created on the same day, 18 years, at LHW (Will switch divisions each tourney)

- Only one entry allowed per manager, but

Since these guys could go on to be mma fighters/projects, managers are allowed to create more than one fighter after

creation date to test hiddens etc. They must submit the name of their entrant by the lock in date.

- First round will begin 3-4 weeks after fighter creation. Figured I'd give guys time to maybe get some cts in

(your not limited to ct training). Seems like it would be boring otherwise.

- There will be two weeks between each round.

- Contracts will be 1500 across the board.

All fights will take place under Queensbury Rules

-No Dirty Boxing allowed

-No Kicks, Elbows, Knees allowed

Sliders need to be set to the following to insure a clean fight

-100% Follow Orders

- 100% Punch

- 100% Stay on the Outside

- 100% Counter Strike (This isn't the Aggressive vs Counter slider, But the Counter Strike vs Counter Grapple slider)

- 100% Muay Thai (Clinch)

- 100% Stall (Clinch)

- 100% Control (Clinch)

- 100% Break Clinch (Clinch)

This way we reduce the risk of screwing up the boxing match. If a clinch does happen, this should help both fighters in taking little to no damage.

If any of the rules are broken, offending fighter is at risk of losing the fight (depending on severity), being suspended and/or having his license

revoked by the Tycoon Boxing Commission.

Matches

3 Rounds, 3 Minutes Each for all non-Semi Finals and Finals Matches

5 Rounds, 3 Minutes Each for Semi Finals and Finals Matches

In the event of a draw, the Tycoon Boxing Commission will decide the winner.

Schedule

Signups Open - 5/2

Fighter Creation - 5/12

Fighter Lock Date - 5/26

1st Round - 6/8

2nd Round - 6/22

3rd Round - 7/6

Finals - 7/20

Prizes

1st Place - 100k, 3 Months VIP, Org HoF

2nd Place - 25k

3rd Place - 15k

4th-8th Place - 5K

All fighters will receive 10 sets of Tycoon Golden Gloves Shirts/Shorts.

All fighters will be eligible for 3k-5k end of tournament prizes such as

- Highest Landing %

- Most Accurate

- Most Finishes

and several more

All fighters are released after they are eliminated from the tournament. They can continue to fight boxing in PFL under a new contract if they wish.

If anyone has any questions post them in this thread .

If anyone wants to add to the prizes/awards, just post here in the thread or send me PM.

Yea, about 2 weeks before the first round started I msged maangers to see if they were cool with deciding draws by the end of round commentary. No one was against it so went with that. Was a good fight nonetheless though.

Tourney brackets advanced, grats to all the winners. To the ones who don't advance, thanks for taking part in the tourney. Only 2 rounds to go!

• Upvote 1