Free Agents should all have $3000

Snowman

I've been watching the FA's in the last month looking for spar bots and potential new fighters. I've noticed some names coming in and out and saw that they were mainly being picked up to have their cash laundered then dumped again. This has probably been suggested but I think it's pretty important. 3k is enough for a newer manager picking up FA's and any established manager shouldn't be looking for cash any way.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I have to say I'm with you on this, I don't think it should be possible to pick up free agents and take their money for two reasons, one, it's obviously completely unrealistic, two, there are lower ranked managers who actually want to train and fight these fighters, they miss out.

To be honest I consider it cheating and I've never understood why it's accepted, it's just another way for the top managers to establish and extend their dominance over everyone else.

• Upvote 1

I would never do it out of principle. But people will do anything and everything for $$$. Even fake money. What I don't get is spending real money to do this. Releasing the fighter right after taking his cash. That's 10 or more days off your VIP for most the guys that I see doing it. You guys are crazy

I think that 3000 would be way too much. Make it 1000 dollars and I think that would work. You could still pick guys up and strip out some of their cash and dump them later if its at 3000 dollars.

I would never do it out of principle. But people will do anything and everything for $$$. Even fake money. What I don't get is spending real money to do this. Releasing the fighter right after taking his cash. That's 10 or more days off your VIP for most the guys that I see doing it. You guys are crazy

I'm with you on this one.

I doubt anyone does all that for $3000. you just have to do waht you're doing. Post a bunch on the forums, you could make that. 3k is nothing.

Agreed. 3K is ok. Still enough for noobs to get the guy to a decent gym but not enough that anyone would bother laundering the money.

I think it would be better to cut off the laundering loopholes. Managers shouldn't be able to steal money from fighters, including their own fighters.

• Upvote 1

i say they should have as much money as the city gives out where they start..... like said up der somewehree^^^ whoevers picking them up have experience and dont need the cash. good post sir.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be better to cut off the laundering loopholes. Managers shouldn't be able to steal money from fighters, including their own fighters.

stealing money? the hell with that, my fighters are lucky i give them a tarp to sleep on, and separate food and shitter buckets. I earn that money, why shouldn't I get it. I don't mind paying the % to get it, but otherwise, that's my cash

• Upvote 2

stealing money? the hell with that, my fighters are lucky i give them a tarp to sleep on, and separate food and shitter buckets. I earn that money, why shouldn't I get it. I don't mind paying the % to get it, but otherwise, that's my cash

Unless your name is Don King and all of your fighters are named Mike Tyson, that is their money, not yours.

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=150335

This is another example. I have been hunting this guy, don't mind that I lost a FA battle for him. But as soon as he was picked up the 30k or so he had is gone, he took another morale hit, and is back on the FA list in a matter of a day. Like I said don't mind losing an honest FA battle, but losing so some well established manager with disposable real life income can play around since he has nothing else to do on this game??? that sucks

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=150335

This is another example. I have been hunting this guy, don't mind that I lost a FA battle for him. But as soon as he was picked up the 30k or so he had is gone, he took another morale hit, and is back on the FA list in a matter of a day. Like I said don't mind losing an honest FA battle, but losing so some well established manager with disposable real life income can play around since he has nothing else to do on this game??? that sucks

I wanted him, too, put a bid on him, and saw him released with a deflated wallet a day after getting picked up. Not that he had a lot to begin with, but still.

I wanted him, too, put a bid on him, and saw him released with a deflated wallet a day after getting picked up. Not that he had a lot to begin with, but still.

exactly, for guys like us we are actually looking for fighters. some managers are bored it seems so they just do weird sh!t like this. giving 3k to each FA would stop that part of it. I still think the fighter should go to the highest manger. What fighter chooses the worst manager to fight for? that part makes sense and I don't mind it. That's what makes this game a sim, no RL contest is easy for the newbies. It takes time to establish and make yourself a true competitor.

I think Julian Thomas was picked up with 3K in his account (usually what fighters have when previous manager is deleted for being inactive). He wasn't picked up to get his bank account drained and released, his skills most likely weren't up to par. That 30K was likely dinooo's investment in him... even if he was drained of 30K, it certainly wasn't enough for dinooo to pick him up solely for that purpose, I can guarantee that. Dean can piss that money in a minute with the money he makes/made.

Agreed! Those "laundering money" should be changed and allowed. Most of established managers have private gym or their fighters are training in a private gyms As a managers we have to pay an extra fee via manager transfer for our fighter's spot (if we're using that 2nd option). We're investing hughe amount of money in our fighters and we should be allowed to laundry their money. It's like an investment. I hadn't any succesful fighter, yet, but they wouldn't need those hundreads of thousands dollars.

Bragi~

I definitely think there should be a cap on the money that a free agent has. Not sure if 3k is the right amount, would only cover 3 weeks worth of gym fees, maybe 5k?

they'd have to join a lesser quality gym then. Are you talking about when a guy is cut due to deleted manager or being sacked?