Creating new fighters

Mentor

I am one of the mentors in the game and one of the big issues my mentees have is that they create 4 fighters really fast and then find out that they set up their fighters wrong. Due to the restrictions of sacking fighters, they end up being "stuck" with 4 fighters that are pretty much useless. Some people could have the patience to wait a month, but many of them just give up.

I suggest that new managers (with a time limit) be given a certain amount of leeway in terms of creating and sacking fighters. Maybe give them a month to create and sack as much as X or Y amount of fighters (admin decides). I would say that if you give them 15-30 days to sack all 4 original fighters it would be more than enough.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The problem with giving them a way to create and sack as many fighters as they want is that you will get managers who will abuse the system. Just because their fighter gets a loss in their first fight, generally doesn't mean that the fighter they have is a bad fighter, it could be the sliders for example.

When you know you can't sack your fighter for another 30 days, you'll train them to make them better before you put them into another fight.

Maybe a better suggestion would be to offer them 1 amateur fight per fighter for 30 days. These fights would give them a chance to test their sliders before they have their first professional MMA fight. Of course those who have been playing the game for more than 30 days would have better knowledge as to how the slider system works so we don't need amateur fights.

• Upvote 2

I also created a lot of fighters in a row when I started, some even have consecutive ids. I did read about it so I still have most all of them now.

I think in the beginning this is what happens:

0 - Join the game,

1 - create a fighter as quickly as possible

2 - try to actually play the game(fight)

3 - realise that you have to wait for the fights

4 - read more about the game

What seems to happen a lot is that when you reach step 3 you go back to #1 because we're lazy about reading forums and guides.

If a 1 fighter creation per day restriction(for non vips) would be implemented it would increase very much the odds of the new manager go to step 4 before creating the second fighter on the next day.

If the 1st fighter is a bust then he can release it with the same rules as anyone else

Being completely new to the game myself and creating an allround fighter without any specialty as my first fighter (and without reading up on fighter creation), I think it would be good to have some sort of introduction scenario/tutorial for the first fighter created.

Those amateur fights would be a great idea. It could be one fight up to 4 fights (1 boxer as opponent, 1 thai, 1 wrestler, 1 BJJ). These wouldn't be opponents created by another player, but generic opponents created that every new player would face. It would give the new player the ability to learn about the sliders and how to set them against different styles of opponents (with a note pointing them to the necessary guides) and it would mean that they are able to get into a fight immediately without having to wait a few days. I'm aware it's a management game and not only an action/fight game but for me at least, I wanted to get a taste of the action as soon as possible if only to see how the game works. These fights could be no injury/cuts/energy loss fights.

After the amateur fight(s) the player would get a one-time option to recreate their first fighter or to keep him.

• Upvote 1

There is a fantastic new user guide that emphasizes quite strongly the help that is available for new users. I don't really feel sorry for someone who ignores all of this and jumps in without reading and researching. I didn't have a mentor, but I read through all of the fighter creation guides before deciding how to allocate my points.

If new managers can't follow instructions, that is on them.

If the consensus is that this is a serious problem, I could see allowing something minimal like one extra sack during the VIP trial, but it would be pretty unfair to the people who actually followed the instructions and planned ahead of time if they didn't have an advantage over the guys who ignored it and blew their wads immediately.

• Upvote 1