Overeem got robbed

Jah

Alistair was breaking the hell out of K-1 rules. Catching kicks and attacking the standing leg, striking the opponent on their way down, waist clinching, striking to the back of the head. Either way, he was screwed by the judges, and of course in part to his own lack of defense when it mattered. The first round was close, I scored it in favor of Overeem, but the judges saw it as a draw and scored it as such across the board. Overeem dominated the second round which I also scored in his favor, once again the judges scored it 10-10. He was straight ragdolling Bonjasky throughout the fight and either took Remy out of his game by forcing him to respect his punching power. He goes into the third round looking confident, and Bonjasky looking quite the opposite, he controlled the round and was well on his way to walking away with a UD.

Unfortunately for him, with about 1 minute left in the round he got caught with a crisp right cross which dropped him, he recovered and went on to finish the round pushing the pace and trying to make up for the aforementioned. With the way they screwed him out of the first two rounds, one would think that since Overeem was winning the round outside of getting caught and dropped, that it would have been scored 10-9, but no, the judges coaxed Bonjasky's nuts and scored it 10-8. I may be biased towards Overeem as he's representing MMA, and haven't had a chance to rewatch the fight, but I still think the fight should have been scored a draw at the very least and move on to a bonus round as was permitted in the event of a draw at the end of the three rounds. Guess that wasn't the case and Remy walked away with an uninspiring UD.

Remy told in an interview, that his knee was hurt, and to be honest you can see that wasn't the same Remy..

Remy fought very bad!

Allistar is doing pretty good, he's a total new fighter now, don't think that his win against Badr was a fluke, but i think that he'll not be a big thread in K-1.

He should focus his training in MMA, and who knows, maybe one day fight Fedor,

I said that Allistar would be killed by Badr, and look what happened, i'll not do the same mistake and say that Fedor would kill him

Yes, understandable. Everyone has their reasons for their poor performances, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the way the judges scored the bout. I will disagree with your last statement and say Emelianenko would run through him with no problem. Overeem isn't that good at taking a clean shot to the face and has very poor ground and pound defense. He's slower than Fedor and can get predictable with his head movement in the way he slips punches.

It would be an entertaining fight, and a decent opponent for "The Last Emperor", but its a bad match up. He's tailor made for Fedor and would be finished within the distance.

I think there is only one story from the K-1 even and that was Maeda, man was I impressed and totally excited as shit from his fights. This is simply huge for Japan and k-1 to have a Japanese HW champ, man what a great event.

I don't think Overeem got robbed he definitely should have won the 2nd round with the 1st being a draw and him losing the 3rd 10-8. Lebanner got robber in my opinion.

Between the 4 finalists, Maeda would probably be last one that i'd pick..

Was really really impressive.

I agree, is good to have a good HW champ in Japan, now they can root for another fighter, not only Masato

But I think Maeda will be no thread to the big dogs, as Badr, Remy, Teixeira, Aerts..

Yeah I don't expect him to hold the belt past the next fight, I just think it's great for K-1 and the fans in Japan, which are the majority of the fans. That man is bona fide superstar there now and rightfully so.

I thought that event was amazing and really made up for the for the bullshit that was the GP last year and the Badr/Remy fight

I think there is only one story from the K-1 even and that was Maeda, man was I impressed and totally excited as shit from his fights. This is simply huge for Japan and k-1 to have a Japanese HW champ, man what a great event.

I don't think Overeem got robbed he definitely should have won the 2nd round with the 1st being a draw and him losing the 3rd 10-8. Lebanner got robber in my opinion.

I was gonna get to Lebanner being robbed as well. If they scored the final round 10-9, I would be able to understand the first round being a draw. But Bonjasky won 30 seconds of the final round and was getting whacked around the other 2:30, with the knockdown being the key to him winning the bout. If there is such a discrepancy in the scoring, then the first round should have been awarded to Overeem 10-9.

I guess its safe to say Overeem got lucky to face an injured Remy who looked lackluster and plodded along through most of the match. Whatever happened, happened, and I'm over it now. Judging in all sports has always been whack, and its the fighters job to make sure it doesn't go to the scorecards to avoid things like this happening.

I'm not one to ever call a fighter out for steroid use, but it's pretty apparent that Overeem is on the juice. Watching in HD and seeing all the back acne or "bacne". He's innocent until proven guilty for me, but I'd really like to see him fight in the states in any promotion but I doubt he'd pass the drug testing, too bad, there's no good fights in Japan for him in MMA.

I'm not one to ever call a fighter out for steroid use, but it's pretty apparent that Overeem is on the juice. Watching in HD and seeing all the back acne or "bacne". He's innocent until proven guilty for me, but I'd really like to see him fight in the states in any promotion but I doubt he'd pass the drug testing, too bad, there's no good fights in Japan for him in MMA.

He's fought in the states 3 times I believe, and passed his drug test each time. If he is on it, he's cycling well. I for one believe innocent until proven guilty, some people just have great genetics... who are we to criticize.