Spamming Submissions Gripe

Sore loser here, but spamming submissions really grinds my gears. I just had a fight where I was doing damage from the clinch and ground and pound for around half the fight. While my opponent spammed 26 subs in prob 5 min of being in the dominant position. He ended up subbing me with 5 secs left, which is whatever, but I was under the impression from the commentary that I was gonna lose a decision. Which would be very slimy and glitchy imo.

Ive heard the commentary isnt very accurate, but it still hasnt been wrong in the 10 plus decisions ive had.

Let me know whether this is a legit gripe, if I would have won a decision, or if Im just a whiny nub-biatch

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=575340

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks mayn, Ive done it a time or two as well and I get why people do. I just dont get why or if failed subs count as scoring when a fight goes to decision. If it does I guess that is my gripe

Submission fighters in real life hunt for subs a lot too. Bad luck you got caught, but you had handily lost the fight by that point anyway so no harm done. Bounce back in the next one :)

Ideally fighters would be well rounded, however I realize that is how the cookie crumbles especially at this stage of the game. But for somebody to attempt 10 subs in 1 minute off their back is spamming and is unrealistic imo. And my real issue is why having 25 failed sub attempts and 0 landed strikes would equate to winning a decision, regardless of the position. IRL and tycoon

I appreciate the help in the thread and will chalk this up to growing pains.

• Upvote 1

Ideally fighters would be well rounded, however I realize that is how the cookie crumbles especially at this stage of the game. But for somebody to attempt 10 subs in 1 minute off their back is spamming and is unrealistic imo. And my real issue is why having 25 failed sub attempts and 0 landed strikes would equate to winning a decision, regardless of the position. IRL and tycoon

I appreciate the help in the thread and will chalk this up to growing pains.

Remember that, in this game, not all submission attempts actually mean he's got a hold of your limb and he's actually trying to crank it open. Submission attempt can also simply mean that he's just trying to adjust his position to try and do so, amongst other things.

Also, spamming any move does actually have a downside. Predictability is taken into account when your fighter attempts the same moves too many times, and thus the moves become easier to evade. It's simply that, in terms of submission attempts, even at a low percentage, if they try it often enough, chance will occasionally pay off. But then again, what else do you expect a ground fighter to do when he's trying to win the fight? He's hardly going to sit there and be a punching bag for you. Considering the majority of the fight happened on the ground, I don't think it was entirely too unrealistic. Don't get me wrong, the lucky submission from sub spamming has happened to me before, and it's definitely unpleasant, but that's the risk you take when the fight hits the mat.

• Upvote 1

I understand why you feel this was sub spamming, but looking for 3-4 submissions each minute isn't spam. Think about it - a BJJ guy will be looking for openings while on the ground almost constantly, so I don't feel trying one every 15-30 seconds is that out of line. This fighter had minutes during the fight where he didn't attempt any, which is hardly spamming.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't work so much at the higher levels, a fighter who sub spams against someone with good def grappling, transitions and sliders will get reversed/mounted in no time. As has been said at the lower end of the competition it's easier to pick up submission wins.