Disobedience - Official Role-Play Thread

Mike “Chuck” Rolst (Light Heavyweight Division) - "Look, I have a lot of respect for Bill and Chris, they're smart about this sport. But if their expectation is that we're bringing the same strategy to a fight with a BJJ guy as we did with a stand-up boxer they're nuts. I took some chances in the last fight, boxer on boxer, and it didn't work out. But smart money is on me in the next match: This guys gonna be on the mat by himself halfway through round 1."

Yoda Haka (Light Heavyweight Division)

Yes Mike “Chuck” Rolst it was a great plan going into to clinch with him (A Muay Thai guy) and blocking those knees with your face you were very unlucky not to win with a great game plan like that mate.

Disobedience 104: Honor Roll

Monroe “Winters” Stark vs. Keith Diaz – Welterweight Co-Main Event

Bill: With number one contendership on the line in the co-main event, the undefeated juggernauts Monroe Stark and Keith Diaz. Diaz is a well-versed fighter, but his true strength lies in how well he can control his opponents on the ground.

Chris: Keith “Mr. Predictable” Diaz is a fitting name for this wrestler; we all know how he plans on winning this fight, and I don’t believe in lazy lay-and-pray wrestler like Diaz. Monroe Stark is a true crowd drawing phenom on the feet, which is where he will look to stun Diaz in this fight.

Bill: And boy can that guy stuff a takedown, Chris. I believe Monroe Stark has all the tools to reign as the DFA Welterweight champion for a long time, but this will be a true test to how well he can finish his opposition. I believe this fight won’t go to the ground often enough for Diaz to take advantage of, which will put Diaz in immediate harm’s way in this fight. Stark should win this with a 2nd round TKO stoppage.

Monroe Stark is still sleeping. Best lay-and-pray ive ever seen Chris

Monroe Stark future champion what a joke. A strong wind KOs him and work on the cardio son.

Disobedience 105: Straight As

We're live on DFAN channel 182, where true Disobedient fans tune in to keep up with the latest scoop on whats happening! This is the Detention Hall, a segment where we take a quick look at the most recent upcoming fights in DFA with a special guest every week. Ladies and Gentlemen, returning to the show and a taking a permanent seat on the talking table is ex-boxer Michael Peterson! I know I speak for everyone when I saw its great to have you with us on a permanent basis, Mikey.

Michael Peterson: I bloody know you couldn't resist me, DFA. I'm the only thing entertaining in this entire bloody organization!

Bill Retley: I like it, bringing some much needed spice onto the show! To the first and only facebook fight this night!

Simon "Psycho" Sanders vs. Tommy "One Arrow" Jones - Welterweight Division

Bill: Opening the night's card is two lost souls searching for their first win both in the organization and in MMA. Simon Sanders lost a true heartbreaker to the Welterweight title contender, Keith Diaz, in what could have easily been his fight. He did all the right things with quite a lot of potential, but he simply couldn't do enough damage to Diaz to win it.

Michael: Is that what you're calling that performanace, Bill? I call it weak. Good thing for Mr. Sanders that his opponent this time around is even more disappointing than him. Tommy Jones looked bloody awful in his debut, where he got hit by every shot Timbo Styless gave him and subbed him in around 30 seconds. It should take the pathetic Sanders a bit longer than 30 seconds to pull off the victory, but I expect Sanders to win with a 1st round submission.

John "Demolition" White vs. Billy "Badass" Barnwell - Heavyweight Division

Bill: Our first fight on the televised preliminary card features a heavyweight battle of fortitude when John White and Billy Barnwell meet. John White was completely outclassed on the feet in his previous fight with Herman Lang, a position that he will absolutely need to avoid at all costs if he wants to pull out a victory against Billy Barnwell.

Michael: You say that like Barnwell is some striking threat, Bill. I'm pretty sure my bed ridden grandmother can out-box Barnwell...and thats when shes off her game. Barnwell brags about his KO power, but White should take this one to the ground early and often en route to a unanimous decision victory.

Marcus "Cheeky" Kent vs. Nathan "Nate" Drake - Welterweight Division

Bill: Mr. Frost has quite a lot of expectations coming out of this fight, as two veteran MMA fighters will face off in a duel of relevance. As much as I believe Nathan Drake will want to get this fight to the ground, he simply doesn't have the wrestling background to pull off a feat like that...and I don't believe he has the time to improve upon something like that.

Michael: It's alright Bill, Marcus Kent should be stupid enough to want right into the spider's den in this fight and take the fight to the ground on his own. We've seen it before, and I fully expect we'll see it again before the night is over. Should that be the case, I give it a few minutes on the ground before Nathan Drake traps an arm of Kents' and Drake wins with a 1st round submission.

Szymon "Mlot" Piechnicki vs. Bobby "Slip" Mccray - Light Heavyweight Division

Bill: It was a rough night for Szymon Piechnicki when he went up against Light Heavyweight contender Yoda Haka, as he was taken down, worked over and submitted with relative ease. If there is any weakness in this man, its his piss poor ground game.

Michael: Bobby Mccray may consider himself to be a "ground expert", but "expert" is not the word I'd use to describe his game. Sure, he utilizes his wrestling to consistently get the fight to the ground, but nothing about his previous win impressed me. Nothing. Szymon Piechnicki needs to recognize where his strengths lie and keep aggressive on the feet. This guy has some real power and he should tear it up in the clinch, but he needs to find a way to keep it there. I'm picking Piechnicki with a 2nd round TKO win.

Justin "The Razor" Dunn vs. Rock "The Brick" Stone - Middleweight Division

Bill: The razor and the brick...rock and scissor...but can scissor figure a way to beat rock in our preliminary headliner? Rumor from the Dunn camp is that Justin Dunn has neglected to eat healthy, looked sluggish in training and simply doesn't look like a professional MMA fighter. Could these rumors be true, and if so...what does this mean for the career of the debuting fighter Dunn?

Michael: It's simple, Bill...it means Mr. Dunn is done in this fight. I have no bloody respect for fighters who neglect key preparation coming into a fight. Rock beats scissors, brick beats razors and I just don't see anyway Rock Stone doesn't come out of this fight with a win. It might not be the prettiest or the most exciting win, but Stone should win this fight via unanimous decision.

Bam Bam Leonard vs. "The Buzz Killer" Brandon Banks - Middleweight Division

Bill: Kicking off our exciting main card features the debuting ex- CFA superstar Bam Bam Leonard and the man who seeks to derail this hype train, Brandon Banks. As I said before, Leonard is coming into this fight with a lot of expectations to meet, as some even believe him to potentially contend for the Middleweight belt.

Michael: Ha! Contend for the middleweight belt? To me, Bam Bam Leonard doesn't have the chin or the confidence to survive in a division like the one at Disobedience. Two losses, both KO stoppages in under a minute? I've very worried about Brandon Banks' striking defense in this fight though. It may be true that his previous opponent, Monty Ali, may be the best this division has to offer...but man did Banks look bad as Ali connected on all 5 shots before hitting the hook and ending the fight.

Bill: I agree with you, Mikey. The pressure is on for Leonard, and Banks is truly the more complete fighter here. He needs to land more consistently, put a little more force into his shots and most of all...avoid taking the fight to the ground. Banks should do all three as he picks up his first victory via unanimous decision.

Buretta "Blade" Gali vs. Timbo Styless - Welterweight Division

Bill: The fight for the first shot at the champion is on the line in this Welterweight division fight between Buretta Gali and Timbo Styless. Buretta Gali is a very active fighter on the feet which makes for an explosive fight to watch this night. My one big issue with Gali is the fact that hes too content to stay in the fight and doesn't like to over-pursue in effort to get the finish.

Michael: That'll bite him in the arse for sure in this fight, Bill. Timbo Styless is volume striker too, butI don't believe he will exclusively pursue that route in this fight. Styless had a wonderful plan in his previous fight with Tommy Jones, mixing in punches and kicks until he found his opening to get the takedown and...tap out.

Bill: If its not broke, don't fix it...right? His surname Styless is a fitting description of what this kid brings, and I am just as convinced as you are Mikey that he should be able to thwart the decisionator, Buretta Gali. I'm picking Styless via 2nd round submission.

Monty "The Great" Ali vs. Bob "Bulldog" Fynn - Middleweight Division Co-Main Event

Bill: Boy have we got a co-main event of epic preportions for the DFA fans out there tonight! Monty Ali and Bob Fynn will clash to determine the first competitor for the Middleweight division title here...tonight...and I couldn't be any more excited. I gotta admit, I'm a real fan of Monty Ali after his previous 31 second knockout of Brandon Banks; this guy has all the makings of a great boxer.

Michael: Maybe not Michael Peterson great, but very good I can bloody agree with. This is a tough fight for Bob Fynn in the late rounds, so he needs to capitolize on Alis' mistakes early and often if he wants to win this fight and the title shot.

Bill: Easier said than done, Mikey. Ali knows the fight game all too well, and although these men are near identical in style...I give Ali a great advantage in experience and fight management. He should be able to wear Fynn out early and look for the finish late...so I'm picking Ali to win via 3rd round TKO.

Yoda Haka vs. Hannibal Hype - Light Heavyweight Main Event

Bill: In this exciting conclusion to Disobedience 105, two highly touted and undefeated light heavyweights will fight for the rightful shot at the DFA Light Heavyweight title. Its no secret how on-board I am with the Hype train; Hannibal Hype looked very dominant in his first performance against John Mill. Boy was that fight an absolute horror show...

Michael: Not as much of a horror show as this fight should be, Bill. Hype's main strength is his superior wrestling and brutal ground and pound game...something that lays exactly into Yoda Haka's gameplan. The BJJ purple belt Haka has finished all three of his opponents with spectacular submissions, and I have little doubt he'll try to capitolize off that here.

Bill: He's gonna have to pull those submissions off of his back if he wants to win this Mikey because thats where Hype will look to keep him.

Michael: Exactly my point, Bill. Don't you bloody understand mixed martial arts? The most dominant fighter wins the fight, and on the ground...that honor belongs to Haka. I don't give a flying f--- what you say...mark my words, Haka will win this fight with a 1st round submission.

Bill: Yeah we'll see, buddy boy. Thats all the time we have tonight, but join us next week as we take a sneak peek into the fights on the Disobedience 106 card. Tune in on September 14th for these exciting fights, and we thank you for your continued support DFA fight fans!

Marcus "Cheeky" Kent vs. Nathan "Nate" Drake - Welterweight Division

Bill: Mr. Frost has quite a lot of expectations coming out of this fight, as two veteran MMA fighters will face off in a duel of relevance. As much as I believe Nathan Drake will want to get this fight to the ground, he simply doesn't have the wrestling background to pull off a feat like that...and I don't believe he has the time to improve upon something like that.

Michael: It's alright Bill, Marcus Kent should be stupid enough to want right into the spider's den in this fight and take the fight to the ground on his own. We've seen it before, and I fully expect we'll see it again before the night is over. Should that be the case, I give it a few minutes on the ground before Nathan Drake traps an arm of Kents' and Drake wins with a 1st round submission.

Pah, typical punditry from Michael. Why doesn't he say that to Kents' face in the ring?! We'll see just how good Drake's BJJ is when he's flat on his back with a faceful of fists. Kent knows from his sparring days in Rising Star gym with Drake.

Kent is ready for redemption. He started out brightly in his career but has since fumbled around. Rumours have it his impatient agent is unsatisfied with his progress as a fighter, and may look to stop promoting him once his contract is finished if he does not pull his finger out and start performing.

Hah, what do you know. Marcus "Cheeky" Kent wins his match in commanding fashion with a TKO in the second round. Drake's allegedly vastly superior ground game led him to being mounted not once, but twice. As predicted by his agent, Drake's BJJ was no use when Kent started raining down fists. In achieving his first ever KO, Kent also gains his second trophy - the bronze tri-star!

EDIT: An exclusive interview with the winner, Marcus Kent.

Daudy: So, how do you feel after that?!

MK: Very good. I felt my wrestling was excellent today and I managed to get into some good positions to clinch the win without breaking too much of a sweat.

Daudy: Some pundits predicted you may have severely struggled with such a slippery BJJ practitioner when on the ground. What do you think of them?

MK: I try not to let it affect me too much. The thing is, I have a win via submission, I have a win via KO, and I can ground out results with decisions also. Anyplace, any time!

Daudy: You've already been scheduled to fight your next opponent, Tommy Jones. What do you think of him?

MK: I don't know too much about him to be honest. He trains out of the Extreme Elite Standup Gym, so I think he'll be packing heat in the standup game. However, I think he has next to no ground game, and I have faith in my own standup. I think it'll be a good fight, but there's plenty of training to be done.

Daudy: Speaking of training, you're not currently part of a gym?

MK: Yeah, I was resting up for the fight and decided to leave my gym at the time. The level of owner activity wasn't quite up there by my standards, and while the coaches were elite the equipment was starting to show some wear. I think my foresight was well founded however, as it has since been transferred and cleared out of coaches with the price jacked up to $1000 a week potentially catching out less active fighter/agent combos. The bonus is, I didn't fork over an extra week of training fees either. I'll be looking for a well balanced, elite gym, but who knows, I may very well end up at Extreme Standup also.

• 1 month later...

(...joining MMA Weekly, news show in progress)

Reporter: Next in the studio, we are fortunate to have up and coming fighter Steve Vega in the studio. Welcome Steve.

Steve Vega: Thanks so much for having me.

Reporter: Steve, you recently signed with DFA. Can you tell us a bit about what that has meant for you?

Steve Vega: Well sure. First, let me say that I see a lot of fighters in DFA have been speaking a lot of negative things, both about each other, and about Jack Frost. And I get it, I really do. He is a colorful guy, and so are a lot of the fighters here, and as I'm sure everyone can agree, right or wrong, it's the ones that make the most noise that get the attention, and often can sell fights. But before I was a fighter, I was a fan, and I never cared much for cutting a big promo, or what happens on any reality show. I always wanted to see the guys who could get it done in the cage, and I hope when I make my debut, i earn the respect of the paying fans by demonstrating why I was signed.

Reporter: Let's talk about your record. Certainly you come from a grappling based background, and have only recently been working on becoming a more well-rounded mixed martial artist. Can you tell us more about that?

Steve Vega: For sure. When decided to make the switch to MMA, I felt like I was invincible. My first two matches out of the gate were two quick submissions. Already I believed I was going to be "that guy", the one who had the perfect record for his whole career and went down as the best of all time. Then for my next match, my strategy just wasn't what it should have been. I had all the tools to win that fight, but maybe I stuck too much to a game plan that didn't make sense, and I let it go to the judges. After that, things got worse, and in my next fight... things went worse.

Reporter: I hate to push, but tell us how that knockout affected you.

Steve Vega: No, please, push away. It hurt badly. Not the physical damage, but it really made me realize that if I'm going to succeed in this sport, I needed to make some changes. I wasn't training at the right camp...

Report: The school you were training at has actually disbanded.

Steve Vega: Exactly. I wasn't training with the right people, and wasn't being coached with a strategy that works for me. Now I'm working on becoming more well-rounded, I'm training with new people, but in the meantime, I need to make sure I fight to my strengths and get back to being the fighter that makes his opponents tap in the first round. I am grateful to Mr. Frost for giving me the opportunity to do just that here in DFA.

Report: You mentioned Jack and how he is a colorful guy...

Steve Vega: So, it's not so much that he's colorful, it's more that he isn't afraid to let everyone know where they stand. And frankly I respect the hell out of that. It's not always easy to hear, but when he reached out and offered me a contract here, we had a very honest conversation about where I've been, and where I am going. He has had the faith to give me this opportunity, and I intend to honor that and exceed everyone's expectations.

Reporter: It looks like you will get that opportunity at DFA 111 against KTM Power.

Steve Vega: Absolutely. We are both just starting out our careers, and we are both coming off of a loss, so you're sure to see two hungry fighters looking to make a statement. I expect to make it an emphatic one that I am here to be the best '55er in the DFA.

Reporter: Well I wish you luck in doing so. Disobedience 111:Homeroom on October 26th. Steve Vega, it's been a pleasure. We'll be back after this quick commercial break...

Press Release for Yoda Haka Promotios

No one wants to fight Yoda Haka so we will offer this reward

$10,000 for anyone who can beat Yaka Haka

he had lost 3 times so not unstoppable

205 265 265+ or if you want to move up a few weightclasses thats welcome as well

Yoda fights anyone

• 1 month later...